Still no changes to Crabtactular?

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Please change this to an actual achievement ANet, and not a luck based thing. I’d like to get that last achievement, but it’s almost impossible to go about ‘achieving it’ so much as striking blind luck. A moderator said that the concerns were forwarded to the Dev Team, but I have yet to see anything done about it.

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

Went into a Crab Toss match yesterday, there were only two other people playing. I assume with the really low population it should be a lot easier to complete the achievement. I really don’t think ANet is going to bother changing it at all before the event is up. Add me in game and I’ll help you get it done next time I’m online, I don’t mind. I already got it done the hard (read: lucky) way on the first few days of release.

I am The No.

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

ArenaNet indeed majorly messed up with this achievement and apparently refuses to correct the blatant mistake it entails. I do hope they learned something from this incident so that at least luck based achievement will not be present anymore during future events.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Well..

I’ve got this by talking to the other members in arena.. We have agreed in circle us all, and only pass the crab one to another, and eventually get all downed in a karka roll while one get the achiev.

We’ve rolled this until all got the achiev (Also, with passing the crab one to another, all got the other achievs too).

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

Yep, the only easy way to get the achievement is to talk to other players and help each other out. It’s what I will do this evening as it’s the last achievement I need from the whole event.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I got this achievement without actually trying to get it lol.
Try to dash into a veterna karka when you are carrying the crab, most people chasing after you will get crushed, you still require a little bit of luck for them to all fall for this.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Crabtacular is the only actual crab toss achievement on the list. The rest are simply completed by playing a lot.

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

You can’t actually call an achievement something that is based on other people’s dumbness, and not your own skill
Not changing it after all the feedback I’ve read on this forum, is pretty fail.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Went into a Crab Toss match yesterday, there were only two other people playing. I assume with the really low population it should be a lot easier to complete the achievement. I really don’t think ANet is going to bother changing it at all before the event is up. Add me in game and I’ll help you get it done next time I’m online, I don’t mind. I already got it done the hard (read: lucky) way on the first few days of release.

I may have to try getting it again then, but if people pile up… :’(

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

Perhaps the worst part is that these types of mini games, including the previous ones from halloween and xmas, you cannot even join with your friends. It’s all random hotjoin. Or maybe that’s intended. Or a result of poor planning while coding. Who knows with ANet these days. Sucks for those who are unable to get it due to the randomness of it all.

I am The No.

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Luck or getting a bunch of strangers to cooperate are really the only ways to get this. I have it now because during an afternoon working on the other crab toss achievements I cam across an arena where people were working together, and given this chance I joined in to get the achievement for myself and kept helping others afterwards.

Is that against or in the spirit of the game? I dont know really. But being able to freely pass the crab around seems to point to cooperation at least being an option.

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

You can’t actually call an achievement something that is based on other people’s dumbness, and not your own skill

Actually, you can. My guildie did it by playing the game till she managed to get everyone rolled over. Took her hours and hours, but she likes this stuff. I hate it. Listening to her taunting ppl in voice chat was far more fun then playing it was.
More of an “achievement” then hitting “f” at a few npcs at the resort is.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

If even someone there is slightly aware of their surroundings and has a dodge or the run skill, you won’t be able to get it.
It is based just on luck. Luck on having opponents bad enough.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

If you call into question whether this is an achievement or not then you have to do it for everything. It’s like if they made an achievement for running all the dungeons solo. Whether you want to consider it luck or skill, it is still an achievement to accomplish because there is a challenge factor. Talking to NPCs does not.

Manuhell.2759

Except it doesn’t depend on what you do. It is all based on what the opponents won’t do – that is, being hit by easily avoidable enemies in a short timeframe.
You have no control there. You can’t make them waste their dodges, you can’t decide when karka rolls.
Basically, just luck. Or bad enemies.

Shar.3402

Actually, you can. My guildie did it by playing the game till she managed to get everyone rolled over. Took her hours and hours, but she likes this stuff. I hate it. Listening to her taunting ppl in voice chat was far more fun then playing it was.
More of an “achievement” then hitting “f” at a few npcs at the resort is.

An achievement is completing a JP (like the halloween one, I loved that).
An achievement is clearing all explorable dungeons.
An achievement is killing X people in WvW/PvP (It shows effort at least)
An achievement is NOT hoping everyone is dumb enough to follow you in a straight line with a giant karka ready to roll you over. Or asking people to let you get the achievement.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

This achievement almost makes me want to stop playing honestly. I have pretty much every other achievement in the game and the ones I’m missing are long term goals and/or are permanently available. I have tried time and time again to get this, but nothing. I even stayed up one night and tried to play when no one was online —- even during the middle of the night there were 5+ people per game.

Just knowing that in 2 days there’s an achievement that I can permanently never get again despite having tried for days to get it is just demotivating to play this game. If at least the opportunity to get it was permanent, I could try again when I don’t want to break my monitor when I see anything crab toss related on it.

Add to that the fact that I wanted Sclerite weapons, but opened 15 boxes and got only crafting materials AND I read a log of someone opening 100 and only getting a couple of chests giving him anything but crafting materials… just freaking pathetic.

I can forgive the weapon skin and extremely bad drop rate on RNG boxes because I don’t care that much, but to make an achievement that is entirely luck based AND not have it be a permanent achievement… extremely disappointed. At least all the other achievements that were annoying (mad king clock tower, toyapocalypse, etc) were either changed or were doable even if they weren’t permanent (and I did toyapoc before they made it easy).

This one depends entirely on 5 other people screwing up at the same time, all while you hold a freaking crab. I even went to a low population server and found a game with 3 other people… 2 people were willing to cooperate, the last person just told us to kitten off and never managed to get it. It’s always like that : either too many people, no one wants to cooperate, or 1 person kittens it all up for us.

Honestly, I did all the other southsun achievs from day 1 they were available. This one? NOPE TRY AGAIN AHAH!

P.S : Yes, I know it’s just 1 achievement. I wanted to have a “complete” account, now it’s impossible.

Honestly if crab toss is gone in 2 days and they don’t change it to something that is actually achievable, then I’m quitting this game. No point for me playing when I can’t have a complete account.

(edited by Kurr.4179)

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

^ What he said, last night I actually managed to down all the players while holding the crab, the result? NOTHING! Not only do you have to rely on luck, you also have to rely on it not being bugged. Truly impossible to accomplish with intelligent players. That’s another achievement ArenaNet owes me.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

right there with you Nightarch. Its not easy to get everyone all neatly lined up. There is almost always a player trying to get ahead of you so when I finally managed it to my surprised its bugged now.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

just ask the group nicely for the achievement. people on this game are nice people, just ask. chances are you’ll get a good bunch to do it with.

In fact I’m going to play it soon and see if anyone needs it, and help them out.

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

This achievement is so easy to grief. It only takes one player to sit akitten a corner and no one will get the acheivement.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Once you figure it out it is pretty easy to get this achievement. It is especially easy if you have a player that is sitting in a corner.

Now that populations in the game are lower it is almost impossible not to get this achievement since you usually only have to flatten 1 or 2 people.

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

^ That’s bull.

I tried again on Sunday night, and monday morning… always at least 5-6 people in.

I can’t even guest to a small population server to get into a near empty game, it’s always the same game no matter where I guest.

Sharkinu.8096

Once you figure it out it is pretty easy to get this achievement. It is especially easy if you have a player that is sitting in a corner.

Now that populations in the game are lower it is almost impossible not to get this achievement since you usually only have to flatten 1 or 2 people.

I doubt that. I i’ve flatten more than 2 people several times while holding teh crab. No achievement. And base on achievement description “Be the last player standing while holding the crab” I doubt you can get it with just 2 people unless those 2 people are the only people in the arena.

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

This will be the only temporary achievement that I didn’t get in GW2 since launch, it is the worst type of achievement to add on temporary content since it requires luck and/or dumb “enemies”.

I tried it all the weekend and never made it to a room with less than 6 players, with many just akitten standing around…For me, they either change it to be a viable thing (100 Eliminations) or make it permanent so we have more chances of being dumb lucky..

Roker
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Demon of the Light.7961

Demon of the Light.7961

100 elimination by tomorrow? So that those who weren’t lucky enough to get in game in time to achieve it after the change will feel tricked? That was a change that should have happened week ago.
At this point it’s too late, we can just resign ourself with the idea of not being able to finish all of the southsun’s achievements (and trust me, I’m quite annoyed about it).
We can only trust that this won’t happen ever again.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

100 elimination by tomorrow? So that those who weren’t lucky enough to get in game in time to achieve it after the change will feel tricked? That was a change that should have happened week ago.
At this point it’s too late, we can just resign ourself with the idea of not being able to finish all of the southsun’s achievements (and trust me, I’m quite annoyed about it).
We can only trust that this won’t happen ever again.

Well if Anet would fix their TEMPORARY content the moment it gets bugged this wouldn`t be an issue. But it seems like they don`t care about fixing anything and just leave it bugged. Because it being bugged for a week is bullkitten.

Posted by: Demon of the Light.7961

Demon of the Light.7961

I wasn’t talking about the fact it being bugged, that should have been fixed as soon as it has been noticed, I was talking about the fact that, as has been told quite a lot of times already in this topic and others, the whole achievement seems to be achievable (lol) only temporarily and is luck based (most of it, the only skill required is to be able to dodge an attack, wich is common to the game mechanics of the whole game after all).

Posted by: Nmaster.3560

Nmaster.3560

This achievement is so poorly designed I will probably quit the game because of it. My personal thing is to fill out all the Event Achievement pages. But now I will forever have one spot that was impossible to get barring ridiculous dumb luck or finding a half-dozen people willing to cheat w/ you for it. It’s disgusting no fixes have been implemented for it with it being clearly one of the most common complaints the past few weeks. If Anet can’t care about it’s players then I can’t care about the game.

Sharkinu.8096

I finally got the achevement by simply dumb luck with the number of player in my team.

I joined a game and there was a single player and myself. Asked about crabtacular and She said she needs it too. A karka just spawned and since she was holding the crab I left myself to be rolled over by that karka. Asked is she got it, said yes and she throwed the crab at me. Next moment she was rolled over and I got the achievement. 5 sec later more people joined the team. Dumb luck.

Manuhell.2759

I never saw an achievement so annoying and frustrating. You can’t even cooperate decently, there is always someone that want to screw over the other players.
There is no fun here, only rage.

Posted by: SSgt Mole.3148

SSgt Mole.3148

You can improve your odds of getting this achievement by opening crates in the last minute or so of the round – Get a fishing poll – wait until the last 15 seconds or so, and use the fishing poll to grab the crab.

Sharkinu.8096

You can improve your odds of getting this achievement by opening crates in the last minute or so of the round – Get a fishing poll – wait until the last 15 seconds or so, and use the fishing poll to grab the crab.

That’s not how the achievement works. Being the last man standing doesn’t mean you have to hold the carb when the game ends. If that would be true this achievement would be so much easier. To get the achievement you have to be still standing, holding the crab, while everyone else is knocked down(by a karka for example).

Shar.3402

I gave up on this achievement long ago, not going to bother asking people to let me get it…that’s not how achievements should work.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

This is just my opinion, but Crab Toss is a big mess overall, not only this achievement. Its zergy, random-ish and to an extent luck-based. And on top of that it is laggy and plagued by technical bugs like achievements not working at times. I liked all other mini-games in GW2 so far but this kitteny chaos of Crab Toss is the worst activity ever implemented in this game. Then Arena decided to funnel players into it by adding a DAILY asking you to win it each day. The amount of QQ, curses and such (myself included) I experienced on Crab Toss chat is unprecedensed. IMO like 90% of people playing it are just entering to do the daily and once they do, they are glad they can leave. The Crabtacular achievement just magnifies all the flaws of this minigame. I got it by agreeing with other people on the arena to cooperate, but as people say here, it should be not how achievements should work. I am glad this mess will be gone soon. They can leave it in game available for all I care. For those people who actually like it (people like strange things, I shall not dispute with them). But no more dailies there please. And I hope Arena will learn from the Crabtacular fiasco.

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I actually played like 2 rounds solo on the weekend, first to get my crabholding completed and then I didnt want to leave so someone else could take it over for easy achievements, and it took another couple of games before someone joined in. I had to search some but cooperation crab toss games werent that rare on the weekend either apparently.

All in all I have all achievements from it but would never had even bothered if I had not gotten crabtacular as the very first one. I figured now that I have the luck-based one out of the way I can grind the rest – and still wouldnt have made it without cooperation because of limited time.

If they include such time-limited minigames in future updates I hope the achievements are a bit more friendly towards people that dont want to spend a week straight in it, from the 3-4 weeks that it was there. Like 20 grab and 50-100 holding points would have been enough imo.