The Last Stand at Southsun Poll!

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello,

I’m here with another Feedback Poll. I’d appreciate anyone who will answer. I’ve gotten a lot of response when I do these, so I decided to try to do one for each living world event to help anet form the living story into a better experience for everyone.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q-l6d1TcPi2h3ivPYoxGSPTT4Gv581wXzXOCM1BHsYQ/viewform

Please expand on any answers in this thread, if you feel the need to.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

The best thing about it was I didn’t have to round up 4 random people to finish it. Otherwise nothing new or special. But at least it was something.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

hated the fact that I was not able to bring a friend so that we could do everything together, other than that rewards were more than plentiful, overall not a bad event, even with the infamous RNG boxes that I really hated.

Deified.7520

Yeah I liked that you could progress the story with just one person. Can’t wait for the new meta event.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I would like it more if I understood what was actually happening in Southsun. The only story I have gotten is from the footnotes on the two back pieces and I have done everything, including the solo Canach instance.

The storytelling is severely lacking in Southsun Cove.

Who is Canach? Who is Kiel? Who is Noll? Who is Null? Who is Faren and Kasmeer? Why are they in Southsun? What is the Consortium?
I haven’t a clue as to any of it. I’ve read the journals and talked to the NPCs but I can’t make heads or tails of this extremely disjointed ‘storyline’.

There needs to be more cutscenes and audible dialogue. I don’t retain the written word very well so any text-based story is lost on me (I am dyslexic). And besides that, people don’t like to read ‘quest text’. Just ask any old WoW veteran.

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I’m in the middle of my examination period an I’ll most likely miss it!

…and don’t be toxic!

Deified.7520

I would like it more if I understood what was actually happening in Southsun. The only story I have gotten is from the footnotes on the two back pieces and I have done everything, including the solo Canach instance.

The storytelling is severely lacking in Southsun Cove.

Who is Canach? Who is Kiel? Who is Noll? Who is Null? Who is Faren and Kasmeer? Why are they in Southsun? What is the Consortium?
I haven’t a clue as to any of it. I’ve read the journals and talked to the NPCs but I can’t make heads or tails of this extremely disjointed ‘storyline’.

There needs to be more cutscenes and audible dialogue. I don’t retain the written word very well so any text-based story is lost on me (I am dyslexic). And besides that, people don’t like to read ‘quest text’. Just ask any old WoW veteran.

Yeah, there was a lot of out of game reading for this stuff. Kiel and canach were both first interacted with in the Lost Shores story arch in the first few months of the game. Canach basically was thrown under the bus by the consortium and kiel is just a lionguard trying to stop kitten from hitting the fan. Noll is the same story. Null is someone you had to read the canach mini story for.

So yeah, if you weren’t here for the lost shores it can be a bit confusing on who these people are.

Deified.7520

Two more days! I’ve gotten a great amount of respones these past few days. I hope more people will continue to answer them.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

hey is there a place to see the final numbers at. id like to see what other had to say

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

he stated that he would reveal it on the 4th. Thanks for the survey, make sure to post it in other communities as well (such as gw2guru, mmochampion, twitter, reddit)

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

he stated that he would reveal it on the 4th. Thanks for the survey, make sure to post it in other communities as well (such as gw2guru, mmochampion, twitter, reddit)

thanks i misssed that until i went back and reread he should have put it in the original post

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

Did you like the Single Player Canach fight?

No. They sold is as a new dungeon… It comes out as a room with one fight that takes 3 minutes straight.

Did you like the Explorable NULL fight?

Same here, but like EVERY single “more difficult” content is just the same stuff with more HP.

Do you think you were rewarded correctly for the events of this Chapter

Even more than correctly, 1 gold for Canach? I’m sure ANet will make us pay for this lol.

Do you like the new items that were added in drops at Southsun?

No. I mean, a half naked miniguy and a half naked minigirl? Sclerite Weapons are the worst thing ever seen, and the accessory are just useless for my characters, but i guess some class could find them usefull… Maybe.

Do you think that this chapter was presented to you correctly?

No. I still don’t understand what the heck is this Canach dude doing there and how is involved in all of this.

Do you like the way the achievements are setup with the living story

Adding so many achievement for events not already in game is just stupid, and people is stupidest, the prove comes from all the “where’s karka queen?” in map chat since day one of the living story.

Do you like the new gem store items added in this patch?

I don’t like RNG crap. Period.

Do you like the Consortium Gem Shop Chest?

See up there.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I don’t like RNG crap. Period.

can you elaborate? Do you want a guaranteed yellow item for each drop? What is the alternative? RNG is practically standard in mmos, the problem imho is the low chance to get something interesting.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

can you elaborate? Do you want a guaranteed yellow item for each drop? What is the alternative? RNG is practically standard in mmos, the problem imho is the low chance to get something interesting.

I think he was talking about RNG from the gem store boxes. Really if you are willing to pay real money for an in-game item, you should have a 100% chance to get the item instead of paying money and playing the lottery.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It was a good event and its not over yet we still have a one time like event coming up soon.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

I think he was talking about RNG from the gem store boxes. Really if you are willing to pay real money for an in-game item, you should have a 100% chance to get the item instead of paying money and playing the lottery.

^ This.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Canach’s Lair(both versions) seems poorly implemented. The one time where actual voiceovers would have been useful(for the warnings about the traps) they didn’t bother adding it. Why do disabled traps detonate? The pace of both battles also feels extremely sluggish. Disable trap → run over to trap → watch NPC completely ignore you and there is nothing you can do about it sequence makes it ‘play it once then forget it exists’ content.

Someone also needs to rein in the designers’ excessive love for CC.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Canach’s Lair(both versions) seems poorly implemented. The one time where actual voiceovers would have been useful(for the warnings about the traps) they didn’t bother adding it. Why do disabled traps detonate? The pace of both battles also feels extremely sluggish. Disable trap -> run over to trap -> watch NPC completely ignore you and there is nothing you can do about it sequence makes it ‘play it once then forget it exists’ content.

This, after the flame and frost finale this was a massive disappointment. If this is what a 2 week turnaround means go back to monthly and do a proper job.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Deified.7520

Canach’s Lair(both versions) seems poorly implemented. The one time where actual voiceovers would have been useful(for the warnings about the traps) they didn’t bother adding it. Why do disabled traps detonate? The pace of both battles also feels extremely sluggish. Disable trap -> run over to trap -> watch NPC completely ignore you and there is nothing you can do about it sequence makes it ‘play it once then forget it exists’ content.

This, after the flame and frost finale this was a massive disappointment. If this is what a 2 week turnaround means go back to monthly and do a proper job.

I think they marketed this patch wrong. Too much hype around calling it a dungeon and what not. It should have been a boss encounter.

Honestly I think the big thing with this living story will be the new meta event/boss, but we’ll see.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I can’t believe i said no to everything, and i wasn’t trying to be nasty its just not good and too overpowered by useless Achievements, RNG, Cash shop items no one can get or many want…

I so wish for permanent content additions like in game gear, weapons, skills and Areas…some balance fixes in PvE would be awesome too…

(edited by Dante.1508)

Deified.7520

I can’t believe i said no to everything, and i wasn’t trying to be nasty its just not good and too overpowered by useless Achievements, RNG, Cash shop items no one can get or many want…

I so wish for permanent content additions like in game gear, weapons, skills and Areas…some balance fixes in PvE would be awesome too…

Perm content is coming. Although FnF didn’t have too much perm content, they said they’re going to put the dungeon into fractals. In this recent living story we are getting the following

2 new backs
Entire new armor set with stats (settlers, basically apothecary but diff primary, no new looks)
Settlers accessories
New mini pet
New meta event (2 rares a day from it too)

Being a major open world PvEr, I’m quite happy with this stories additions.

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

can you elaborate? Do you want a guaranteed yellow item for each drop?

Like many players, I also hate RNG and I can testify: I have never heard any player demanding a guaranteed yellow from every drop. That is ridiculous.

In Guild Wars 1, they realized how annoying RNG is, so they came up with a different system for DoA. Instead of giving a guaranteed high level item for every single drop, they gave tokens you could save to get an armbrace, and then the armbraces could be used to get the very hard to get skins.

You seem to think there are only two options: rares everywhere or the ridiculous gambling RNG system they have now. There are others.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

Marcus Greythorne.6843

can you elaborate? Do you want a guaranteed yellow item for each drop?

Like many players, I also hate RNG and I can testify: I have never heard any player demanding a guaranteed yellow from every drop. That is ridiculous.

In Guild Wars 1, they realized how annoying RNG is, so they came up with a different system for DoA. Instead of giving a guaranteed high level item for every single drop, they gave tokens you could save to get an armbrace, and then the armbraces could be used to get the very hard to get skins.

You seem to think there are only two options: rares everywhere or the ridiculous gambling RNG system they have now. There are others.

haha no, I’m aware of that… it was only an example. We have dungeon-specific tokens at the moment, so I’m fine with this system in dungeons – but it’s harder to create a token-system for the open world. I’d actually like it: give each zone zone-specific tokens that drop from mobs. —> zone-specific rewards. But only for event-mobs and not for repeating the same event in that week. Now people would actually go out there and look for events. There would also be a hardcap per week so that people won’t feel forced to do this.

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

I liked this event better then F&F , this was the same amount of content but in shorter time periods so it felt better. I still hate the southsun crates in that they have the weapon i want for my necro.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Deified.7520