Think about gem price for Sclerite skins

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

Hey again everyone!

After my frustration and sadness thread I started to think.

There will probably be no effort in making a dungeon to farm tokens for the new weapons etc so I will quit having any hope for that in the future.
BUT if I recall correctly, the weapon skins from Wintersday could be bought directly from the gemstore.
Why can’t these weapons be bought directly from the gemstore?(I know a lot of people who want to just buy it directly and they like these a lot more than the wintersday skins)

Also, as the title says, what do you guys think is a good price/are good prices for the skins?

I was thinking about something like:
Offhand 400 gems
Main hand 600 gems
Two handed 800 gems

Just curious, and hoping if Arenanet sees this, maybe they will actually bring back this concept instead of the constant stuffings of RNG chests.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Torgal.8345

Torgal.8345

Hello,

Why? Because people spend more money in that case.

As much as I like GW2, my impression is they are not interested in anything unless it serves as an increase in sales. Sure they try to create a cool game. But not because they like doing it and want us the have a great experience. Basically it’s because we shall buy it and spend our money in the gem store.

I don’t want to troll or offend anybody, probably I would do the same as an owner of a company like Anet. However, always when I buy a product I hope the producer made it like he would have done it for himself. Or at least they pretend to do it simply to fulfill the customers needs.

Regards

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

No need for differentiated. Flat 800 gems. If Anet want to keep simple, just sell the ticket for 800 gems.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They tried that with wintersday. People cheerer and rejoiced that it wasn’t RNG, but then realized it wasn’t RNG and everyone could get the weapons so no one did since they weren’t rare. Anet made no money, so we went back to RNG where they make a lot of money. It’s fully the players decision, and they decided on RNG boxes.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

They tried that with wintersday. People cheerer and rejoiced that it wasn’t RNG, but then realized it wasn’t RNG and everyone could get the weapons so no one did since they weren’t rare. Anet made no money, so we went back to RNG where they make a lot of money. It’s fully the players decision, and they decided on RNG boxes.

Also the wintersday skins weren’t all that great either. Had it been fused skins on the store for immidiate purchase, youd see those skins everywhere. Just like this patch, you won’t be seeing many scerlite weapons because they aren’t as good looking as the fused ones. Majority of them are actually worse than the wintersday ones.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

I completely agree, there really should be ways to buy them directly through the trading post. Anet have always said that you will never have to spend real money if you don’t want too via the gem system. The only problem with that is gem prices are ridiculous as is, and keep going up every time there is a new event. And every time there is a new event there is at least 1 item I desire. As time has gone by, each event I’ve invested more and more gold into gems, and very rarely real money, and have yet to actually get any of those items.

In all honesty I’m wondering whether Anet will concede to the players or keep being greedy. In the span of 1 day I went from not wanting to play the game excited for the new content. Only to be given the middle finger when Fused Weapons were taken out. GG Anet.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

I spent 1200 gems buying crates. Horrible mistake. I hate you all.
(Gold → Gems; 36g)

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

I’m very sorry to read the stories of failed ticket hunting! And yeah, as mentioned above, the wintersday skins weren’t all that great :P People actually DO like this skin!

And reading responses like this only makes me more aware of the hate towards RNG chests. Sure they make more money BUT if people actually do like the skins they will buy them anyway. And I think people will even buy them faster when they can buy them directly. the 800 gems for a ticket, which was mentioned above, is actually a pretty good idea. 10 euro for them, 1 awesome kitten weapon for us.

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

I’d pay a flat fee for the new skins. Wasting money gambling for them is stupid though.