What is the detection on the bombs?

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Seriously. One step outside of the circle and the bomb won’t disarm most of the time. One step inside and it blows up in my face. Who designed the detection for disarm skills here?

Posted by: Linosaurus.1905

Linosaurus.1905

I was able to disarm while standing quite a bit away, since disarm (all three versions) is a ground targeted ability.

Posted by: Sinikka.2794

Sinikka.2794

I was able to disarm them, but I haven’t been able to actually damage Canach with them… even if he’s right on top of them, and I trigger them properly.

Duke Blackrose.4981

I was able to disarm while standing quite a bit away, since disarm (all three versions) is a ground targeted ability.

This should have really been described in some way. I have fast cast ground targeting on and there was no clue as to this. No freaking wonder.

Duke Blackrose.4981

I was able to disarm them, but I haven’t been able to actually damage Canach with them… even if he’s right on top of them, and I trigger them properly.

That’s a lot better than what’s happened to me. Disarm them and they blow up in my face instead of his.

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

This should have really been described in some way. I have fast cast ground targeting on and there was no clue as to this. No freaking wonder.

I mean, the ability has the red crosshair over the number it’s assigned to like any other ground targeting ability, so…

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

I just took a while to figure out to get my perfection achievement.

You use #1 to scan, and it will tell you what kind of trap each is. Use the corresponding skill to “arm” the trap to attack Canach instead of you. When a bomb is armed, it will be green. When Canach explodes all of the bombs in the room, they will respawn. Do not attempt to arm them until they stop glowing yellow and start glowing red. When they’re red, it means they can be armed. Yellow will allow you to arm them, but they will instantly go back to being red after a few seconds, often causing you to get hit instead.

After I realized that they were color-coded (color blind, here), it made getting the achievement a lot easier.

Hope this helps.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

I just took a while to figure out to get my perfection achievement.

You use #1 to scan, and it will tell you what kind of trap each is. Use the corresponding skill to “arm” the trap to attack Canach instead of you. When a bomb is armed, it will be green. When Canach explodes all of the bombs in the room, they will respawn. Do not attempt to arm them until they stop glowing yellow and start glowing red. When they’re red, it means they can be armed. Yellow will allow you to arm them, but they will instantly go back to being red after a few seconds, often causing you to get hit instead.

After I realized that they were color-coded (color blind, here), it made getting the achievement a lot easier.

Hope this helps.

kitten us colorblind people ill try again.

Thanks for the tips

Edit

got it, thanks again

(edited by Greyfur.1082)