1/17, Talked to Vorpp and I'm lost

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I went to the pavilion, did the closing ceremony, got a communicator and followed it to Ascalon settlement. I went to the portal machine, then went back and talked with the witness and now I’m lost. I don’t know what to do. I talked to Vorpp again but he didn’t tell me anything…just that this is where it gets complicated or something.

This is considerably disconcerting.

EDIT: He says he needs data from 5 invasion events. What the kitten is that?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

You need to take part in five of the major invasions to completion. Not the events that are part of the invasion (like it says) but the actual, region-wide, 45-minute invasion, and be there when it ends. Five times.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Check the top right of your screen, ‘’Clockwork Chaos’’.

Do that

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

you need to hang around 5 invasion areas for the finish fight with Scarlet, that should provide enough readings for the next stage (that i suspect are gathering parts for his portal machine by fighting a number of champion clockwork horrors).

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

You need to take part in five of the major invasions to completion. Not the events that are part of the invasion (like it says) but the actual, region-wide, 45-minute invasion, and be there when it ends. Five times.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I guess I’m done with this event then. Nothing explained, nothing added…just drop you into the world with a communicator link to a clueless Asura. Not my idea of fun.

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

Check the top right of your screen, ‘’Clockwork Chaos’’.

Do that

All it says is “Tyrian authorities have issued a world-wide warning…”. That tells me nothing about what to do next.

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

you need to hang around 5 invasion areas for the finish fight with Scarlet, that should provide enough readings for the next stage (that i suspect are gathering parts for his portal machine by fighting a number of champion clockwork horrors).

What are ‘invasion areas’? where?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Each hour, on the hour, the living story notification on your right will inform of a clockwork invasion of some zone. Go there, and hope you get there within 10 minutes so you can get into a overflow instance where it is actually going on…

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

Each hour, on the hour, the living story notification on your right will inform of a clockwork invasion of some zone. Go there, and hope you get there within 10 minutes so you can get into a overflow instance where it is actually going on…

I don’t have time for that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Wilhelm.6894

Wilhelm.6894

Looks like someone won’t be doing the event then or getting the meta. It actually explains fairly well what needs to be done at that part in the questline considering the box that shows wjere events are is always on your screen staring at you.

The achievement line you started is not for anything more than to get back into the pavilion and do the achievements in there, it has very little to do with the core of what was added with this event(which is the worldwide events that go on once an hour).

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

Looks like someone won’t be doing the event then or getting the meta. It actually explains fairly well what needs to be done at that part in the questline considering the box that shows wjere events are is always on your screen staring at you.

The achievement line you started is not for anything more than to get back into the pavilion and do the achievements in there, it has very little to do with the core of what was added with this event(which is the worldwide events that go on once an hour).

I haven’t gotten a meta achievement since….I can’t remember when.

And no, it explains absolutely nothing. If it did, I would be in-game and not here.

The fact is, despite what you people are saying, I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing right now. My character is still standing in Ascalon Settlement, scratching his head.

in Clockwork Chaos

Wilhelm.6894

And no, it explains absolutely nothing. If it did, I would be in-game and not here.

The fact is, despite what you people are saying, I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing right now. My character is still standing in Ascalon Settlement, scratching his head.

It’s been explained multiple times, do the hourly events that go on to progress the storyline and get back into the pavilion. The box that shows where the events are is starting you right in the face on the top right corner of your screen. Unless for some reason you can’t read, it shows entirely what to do and where the events take place.

It really doesn’t get any easier than that, if though you do not want to do the events to progress the storyline then the event is done for you. You have to do 5 events once you get on that part of the chain to get any farther in the storyline and access the pavilion again where there’s also a new event.

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

It’s been explained multiple times, do the hourly events that go on to progress the storyline and get back into the pavilion. The box that shows where the events are is starting you right in the face on the top right corner of your screen. Unless for some reason you can’t read, it shows entirely what to do and where the events take place.

It really doesn’t get any easier than that, if though you do not want to do the events to progress the storyline then the event is done for you. You have to do 5 events once you get on that part of the chain to get any farther in the storyline and access the pavilion again where there’s also a new event.

I must be playing a different game than you. I still have no clue what you are talking about.

Hourly events?
Event box?
5 events to access pavilion?

You may as well be speaking Canthan. Nothing of what you said makes any sense to me whatsoever.

I just want to know, what do I do after talking to Vorpp is Ascalon Settlement? Where do I go? Who do I talk to? None of that is being pointed out to me in-game.

in Clockwork Chaos

Wilhelm.6894

I must be playing a different game than you. I still have no clue what you are talking about.

Hourly events?
Event box?
5 events to access pavilion?

You may as well be speaking Canthan. Nothing of what you said makes any sense to me whatsoever.

I just want to know, what do I do after talking to Vorpp is Ascalon Settlement? Where do I go? Who do I talk to? None of that is being pointed out to me in-game.

Top right of your screen and everyone elses there is a box that shows where an event is going on, they happen at the start of every hour and last for 35-45mins depending on how fast the map zerg is. It’s the same thing you said you didn’t have time for and yet still do not understand where you should go from the quest you just did.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last 2 weeks the pavilion is from the last event something that I guess you didn’t do or know about either since you’re asking about it. To continue with where you left off you have to do 5 of the hourly events to access the rest of the story and open up the pavilion again with the new event in it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

@OP: This should help you. I think it is intended that players read this guide for every single LS patch.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/clockwork-chaos-guide/

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

If you have not gotten a meta achievement since I do not know when then you do not have the patience for those. Dulfy.net http://dulfy.net/2013/08/20/gw2-clockwork-chaos-invasions-and-achievements-guide/ and the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Clockwork_Chaos hold all the info you need to do what is necessary. It does not take a lot of work to find the sources who help you figure out what you have to do. Not all of us need to be hand held through every step…

If you do not have the time or patience then, sorry, it is on you for what you want to dedicate your valuable time to. Nothing is meant to be easy, achievements mean just that, you work or make time for what you want to get out of this. ANet has provided a lot of time between events to let folk make that happen. If it is not happening for you, then maybe this is not the game for you. For those of us investing the effort and yes, a bit of time it has been fun and rewarding.

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

If you have not gotten a meta achievement since I do not know when then you do not have the patience for those. Dulfy.net http://dulfy.net/2013/08/20/gw2-clockwork-chaos-invasions-and-achievements-guide/ and the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Clockwork_Chaos hold all the info you need to do what is necessary. It does not take a lot of work to find the sources who help you figure out what you have to do. Not all of us need to be hand held through every step…

If you do not have the time or patience then, sorry, it is on you for what you want to dedicate your valuable time to. Nothing is meant to be easy, achievements mean just that, you work or make time for what you want to get out of this. ANet has provided a lot of time between events to let folk make that happen. If it is not happening for you, then maybe this is not the game for you. For those of us investing the effort and yes, a bit of time it has been fun and rewarding.

I don’t do 3rd party websites. I expect the game to be explained…you know…in-game. As of this moment, the game has left me hanging in Ascalon settlement with no clue as to what I am supposed to do next.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

I agree info given in game is lacking, therefore luckily we have Dulfy.net

However, if u refuse to read the suggested 3rd party websites, i suggest to uninstall GW2 and do something else.

This may sound harsh, but if u refuse to accept the help given here…
This topic is done and can be closed now.

And please also stop posting in other topics how clueless u r.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Look at event tracker. Go to zone. Kill things. There is no NPC hand-holding with this event. Just talk to Vorpp to get it started then jump into an invasion.

If you don’t utilize 3rd party sites, at least read the patch notes.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Clockwork Chaos

Wilhelm.6894

I’d guess he doesn’t “do” reading what other people write in his thread where he’s asking for help either. I’ve explained it plain as day along with several other people so far and you’re still saying you do not understand what to do, if you want more than what has been explained then i’d suggest playing something else because it’s against the tos for someone to play the game for you.

This is not WoW, this game and many other mmos do not hold your hand through everything outside of arena and heroic raiding. If reading fansites or even what A-net has posted themselves then the best thing that can be suggested is mmos are not the genre for you.

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

Look at event tracker. Go to zone. Kill things. There is no NPC hand-holding with this event. Just talk to Vorpp to get it started then jump into an invasion.

Okay. It said “Scarlet’s minions are attacking Blazeridge Steppes.” I went there and it says “Scarlet’s minions are not attacking this world. Please return to your homeworld when prompted.”

WhatTheFlyingKitten?!?! is that supposed to mean? How do I progress this stupid aimless content patch?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Anyone care to explain overflows?

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Clockwork Chaos

Wilhelm.6894

Okay. It said “Scarlet’s minions are attacking Blazeridge Steppes.” I went there and it says “Scarlet’s minions are not attacking this world. Please return to your homeworld when prompted.”

WhatTheFlyingKitten?!?! is that supposed to mean? How do I progress this stupid aimless content patch?

Do the events, that is the only way to do the majority of the achievements or even progress the story. You entered an overflow that did not have the event running, next time go there faster, they start at the beginning of every hour. Chances are high if you go there 20+ mins after it’s started you will not have any events on the map because it did not place you into an overflow with them running.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Anyone care to explain overflows?

Invasion starts every hour on the hour. (i.e. 4pm 5pm 6pm 7pm etc.). Overflows can be created anytime. If an overflow is created more than 10 minutes after the invasion have started (i.e. 4:15 pm) than that overflow won’t have invasion events until next hour – 5 pm.

Basically, if you get to an overflow past the hour and there are no invasion events running, you are screwed for the hour until the next hour, where the invasion can on a different map.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Dulfy’s site is amazing. It’s a wonderful resource. Ask in map chat, as there are people that will be glad to clue you in. It’s not rocket science.

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

Do the events, that is the only way to do the majority of the achievements or even progress the story. You entered an overflow that did not have the event running, next time go there faster, they start at the beginning of every hour. Chances are high if you go there 20+ mins after it’s started you will not have any events on the map because it did not place you into an overflow with them running.

So, I have to literally watch the clock, follow a gaming schedule, hope my internet doesn’t lag and cross my fingers in hopes that the coding will let me into a living story event? Then I have to repeat that 4 more times in order to see the rest of the story?

Does no one else see a major problem with this content design? People will literally not be able to complete the content because of the spin of a RNG roulette wheel called ‘overflow’.

My game is broken, ArenaNet. I can’t play it. It won’t let me.

in Clockwork Chaos

Villious.8530

Honestly, I don’t think you’re fully understanding exactly what’s going on. Most people are moving right along with it. If you have ever been put in an overflow map, your perfectly capable of playing this content. Nothing RNG about it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Wilhelm.6894

So, I have to literally watch the clock, follow a gaming schedule, hope my internet doesn’t lag and cross my fingers in hopes that the coding will let me into a living story event? Then I have to repeat that 4 more times in order to see the rest of the story?

Does no one else see a major problem with this content design? People will literally not be able to complete the content because of the spin of a RNG roulette wheel called ‘overflow’.

My game is broken, ArenaNet. I can’t play it. It won’t let me.

There’s nothing wrong with the game design, that is how mmos are, that is how the game you are playing is. Your game is perfectly fine if you actually read the guy right under me explain how overflows work for these events. If the common mmo design philosophy bothers you then again this is not the genre for you.

If playing a few hours every week or 2 is how you play then i’d highly suggest reading fansites to help along with completing the events if they interest you at all. It’s fairly common for mmo fansites to explain things in more detail than the designers do for the game itself. If putting any(even minimal) amount of effort into looking into current events is too much then I’d highly suggest a different genre or just focusing on something ingame that isn’t the newest timed events because they seem too much for you.

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

Honestly, I don’t think you’re fully understanding exactly what’s going on. Most people are moving right along with it. If you have ever been put in an overflow map, your perfectly capable of playing this content. Nothing RNG about it.

I don’t think you understand. I cannot play this content. It will not allow me to.

I went to the invasion zone as stated on my event reminder, ‘Blazeridge Steppes’. Only there was no invasion in Blazeridge Steppes. I was placed in an overflow and COULD NOT COMPLETE THE CONTENT.

Do you understand?

in Clockwork Chaos

Villious.8530

You’re still not understanding why that is happening to you. Slow down and read the explanations above.

It did the same thing to me the first time, then I figured it out and it was smooth sailing thereafter.

Yes, I understand completely.

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

You’re still not understanding why that is happening to you. Slow down and read the explanations above.

I understand that I am trying to play the game and the game will not allow it. I shouldn’t have to have a degree in game design to understand why the game will not allow me to play it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Wilhelm.6894

I don’t think you understand. I cannot play this content. It will not allow me to.

I went to the invasion zone as stated on my event reminder, ‘Blazeridge Steppes’. Only there was no invasion in Blazeridge Steppes. I was placed in an overflow and COULD NOT COMPLETE THE CONTENT.

Do you understand?

Can you not read? Half the people in this thread have told you exactly why you got put into an overflow that did not have the event. Half the people have told you what to do after the last step you did in the story chain. Why do you keep posting saying you do not understand when you have failed to even read what people have suggested to you?

Read what people have been writing it explains everything you have to do to progress or even why you got an overflow without an event. Read a guide online, they do not bite and most of the time they are a better resource for new content in mmos than what designers say themselves. If both of those are too much for you I would highly suggest quitting, it seems even minimal effort is too much for you, if sub minimal is the best you can put into an mmo you should not be playing said mmo.

in Clockwork Chaos

Villious.8530

Ok, let’s they this one more time..

The event starts EVERY hour, on the hour.

If you go to the specified zone within 10 minutes of the event starting, said event will be underway in EVERY overflow.

You MUST get there by 10 minutes after the hour. Like 2:10, 3:10, 4:10 and so on.

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

If you go to the specified zone within 10 minutes of the event starting, said event will be underway in EVERY overflow.

You MUST get there by 10 minutes after the hour. Like 2:10, 3:10, 4:10 and so on.

Why 10 minutes?

I made the last one in 7 minutes and there was nothing. Is it one of those ‘no longer than 10 minutes but not before 9 minutes’ things? Like everyone has a super narrow window or something?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Airala.8629

Airala.8629

Do you understand?

Let me try and explain –
The content you need to complete begins every hour, on the hour. Because there are so many thousands of people playing, overflow servers become necessary. Any overflow server created more than ten minutes AFTER the hour (9 o’clock, 10 o’clock, 11 o’clock, etc.) will not have the event running on it. The reason for this is because the event itself takes 45 minutes. So an overflow that is created at 9:09.59 (H/M/S) isn’t going to end until 9:54:59 – then there is a 5 minute “rest” while the servers reset.

So at the top of the hour, you look at the upper right side of your screen to find out what map the event is happening in (Gendarran Fields, Lornar’s Pass, whatever). In order to participate, you must go to that map BEFORE 10 minutes past the hour. If you go to the map after 10 minutes past the hour, you’ll have to wait until the top of the next hour and go wherever the prompt in the upper right corner tells you – again, before 10 minutes past the next hour.

So – 9:00-9:10, you’re golden. 9:11-9:59, you’ve missed out until 10:00. 10:00-10:10, you’re golden. 10:11-10:59, you’ve missed out until 11:00. Wash, rinse, repeat.

in Clockwork Chaos

Villious.8530

Why 10 minutes?

I made the last one in 7 minutes and there was nothing. Is it one of those ‘no longer than 10 minutes but not before 9 minutes’ things? Like everyone has a super narrow window or something?

I’m sorry. There is nothing I can do to help you. You’re in over your head. Hope you figure it out.

(edited by Villious.8530)

in Clockwork Chaos

Elbegast.6970

Do you understand?

Let me try and explain –
The content you need to complete begins every hour, on the hour. Because there are so many thousands of people playing, overflow servers become necessary. Any overflow server created more than ten minutes AFTER the hour (9 o’clock, 10 o’clock, 11 o’clock, etc.) will not have the event running on it. The reason for this is because the event itself takes 45 minutes. So an overflow that is created at 9:09.59 (H/M/S) isn’t going to end until 9:54:59 – then there is a 5 minute “rest” while the servers reset.

So at the top of the hour, you look at the upper right side of your screen to find out what map the event is happening in (Gendarran Fields, Lornar’s Pass, whatever). In order to participate, you must go to that map BEFORE 10 minutes past the hour. If you go to the map after 10 minutes past the hour, you’ll have to wait until the top of the next hour and go wherever the prompt in the upper right corner tells you – again, before 10 minutes past the next hour.

So – 9:00-9:10, you’re golden. 9:11-9:59, you’ve missed out until 10:00. 10:00-10:10, you’re golden. 10:11-10:59, you’ve missed out until 11:00. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Assuming you are correct on all of that, I can’t be bothered to follow such a strict gaming schedule. Who in the hell thought that sort of design would be a good thing? I’m not here to work, I’m here to play. Last I checked, there was no usage schedule attached to the teeter totter. The merry-go-round was usable for far more than 10 minutes per hour.

But this QS content…what in kitten is this?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

All I can say is heavy sigh. Those who do not want to understand will not. Those who want themselves led on a golden leash are doomed to be disappointed. What you need to do is easily figured out and oh so many in this thread have tried to help… This is not rocket science, folks….lot of us have figured out what we have to do and when. Reading Dulfy.net or searching the wiki for what we need to know or hey….just asking in-world usually gets you the information. Just not sure what OP wants other than someone to play the game for him….

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I tend to lose connection too often. I may never be able to complete this achievement.

in Clockwork Chaos

Villious.8530

Do you understand?

Let me try and explain –

Assuming you are correct on all of that, I can’t be bothered to follow such a strict gaming schedule. Who in the hell thought that sort of design would be a good thing? I’m not here to work, I’m here to play. Last I checked, there was no usage schedule attached to the teeter totter. The merry-go-round was usable for far more than 10 minutes per hour.

But this QS content…what in kitten is this?

Not sure why you are so angry, since many people are willing and trying to help you. Sounds like you still don’t fully understand, and you’re frustrated. Maybe get someone to group with you in game, and help you through it.

If not, sounds like you should stick to single player games. Sorry.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: unseenone.1463

unseenone.1463

I must say that I too found the flow to be off. It is “explained” but very very poorly. For many I am sure that this would lead to frustration and then the inevitable log out like myself and the OP.

in Clockwork Chaos

keenlam.4753

OP clearly not here to seek information. He/she is just here to vent. We need another helpful approach, like cookies?

in Clockwork Chaos

keenlam.4753

I must say that I too found the flow to be off. It is “explained” but very very poorly. For many I am sure that this would lead to frustration and then the inevitable log out like myself and the OP.

Most are explained on the official patch guide that is displayed on the client in the news section. However, I wholeheartedly agree that more in-game information should be available for those who tend to skip reading the client and log straight into the game. Maybe an in-game website link?

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Clockwork Chaos

Villious.8530

Most are explained on the official patch guide that is displayed on the client in the news section. However, I wholeheartedly agree that more in-game game should be available for those who tend to skip reading the client and log straight into the game. Maybe an in-game website link?

I know people do not like having to go to a 3rd party site for information. I do not like doing that to find a dungeon group. But I am sold on Dulfy’s site and her wonderful guides. If you need help, they hand hold you all the way through. She does a better job at disseminating info than Anet does.

in Clockwork Chaos

keenlam.4753

Most are explained on the official patch guide that is displayed on the client in the news section. However, I wholeheartedly agree that more in-game game should be available for those who tend to skip reading the client and log straight into the game. Maybe an in-game website link?

I know people do not like having to go to a 3rd party site for information. I do not like doing that to find a dungeon group. But I am sold on Dulfy’s site and her wonderful guides. If you need help, they hand hold you all the way through. She does a better job at disseminating info than Anet does.

I was not referrring to Dulfy’s guide but this: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/clockwork-chaos-guide/

I usually start out with this ‘mini-guide’ first before I get stuck and seek help from Dulfy’s encyclopedia =).

in Clockwork Chaos

Villious.8530

I was not referrring to Dulfy’s guide but this: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/clockwork-chaos-guide/

I usually start out with this ‘mini-guide’ first before I get stuck and seek help from Dulfy’s encyclopedia =).

Nice. I had not seen that one. Breaks it down nicely.