13/13 Invasion Canceler completed

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Leuddian.3057

Leuddian.3057

I think your actual “participation” and the # of events you complete (maybe the medal quality) affects this. This was further evidenced by yesterday’s invasion daily (complete 1 invasion), where no credit was given if you just AFK or complete a very small amount of events during the invasion.

There were 2 maps that were “bugged” for me – one was Gendarran Fields and the other was Timberline Falls. Both of them I was AFK majority of the invasion, did perhaps 2-3 events each. Both times I did not get the credit.

I went back and just did those two maps, each time I fully participated (did at least one of each event), and I got the credit.

This also applied when I tested out the “invasion daily” yesterday, first time I did 1 event and Akitten through the rest, then participated in the Kill Scarlet event at the end. Did not get credit for the daily. I had to fully participate for the daily later on.

So I believe the # of events you complete during the invasion matters, not sure the magic number is, perhaps just to get a Gold medal or something. One thing is for sure that it doesn’t matter if you are on overflow or not, or whether your team fails.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

I kinda doubt you can’t completely afk.
Tried with a few event between 4am and 6am (less people to screw) and even not doing a single event i got credited in some maps.

I’ve also done most maps at least 3 times actively participating and i’m still stuck at 11/13 without any idea on which ones i’m missing…
My only hope is that entering the farm bandwagon i’ll eventually get it done.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I completed this achievement earlier today (Iron Marches was my last map) and luckily never encountered any ‘bugged’ maps (main or overflows) which didn’t count. Also I actively participated in any event I could get to.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Clobimon.9652

Clobimon.9652

I’m not getting credit for Blazeridge and both (successful) runs I’ve been in I fought the whole event.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

People who know what maps didn’t give them credit are soo lucky…

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’m just waiting for my last two maps to show up.
i’ve seen many repeats of all the other maps, as well as back to back same maps… but missing two more.

had one bug once too, was in main, participated start through finish, didn’t get credit. so from my point of view, it’s just buggy counting.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

Not at all. Because knowing what is missing doesn’t help in actually getting the map because which map is invaded is random. I know exactly which two maps are missing but they don’t turn up in the rotation or are bugged when they do.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

I have gotten credit for AFK’ing before. I completed about two events before family showed up at me doorstep, so I hid in a house. When I came back I was disconnected for AFK’ing and my Canceler achievement had progressed by one. When I switched maps afterwards, I could even select my rewards.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Can you list all the maps that the invasions occur in? I don’t know which 2 I’m missing.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Gendarran Fields
Harathi Hinterlands
Bloodtide Coast
Sparkfly Fen
Mount Maelstrom
Fields of Ruin
Iron Marches
Blazeridge Steppes
Fireheart Rise
Lornar’s Pass
Dredgehaunt Cliffs
Timberline Falls
Frostgorge Sound

I wrote that down on a list and crossed each off as I completed it (after checking in my achievement list that the counter went up!)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aldred.9345

Aldred.9345

I can confirm the list Zaxares posted. I wrote down every new zone that I completed as I did them, and checked each time that they were increasing my counter. I’d heared of balloon achievements not always counting in the last event, so wanted to be safe. Probably a good idea for us all in future events like this!

Every invasion I did counted did each time – I never got the issue with no credit. For whatever it helps, I participated fully in each invasion, did I think three of them in overflow, and two of those we didn’t get as far as Scarlet. Still got credit each time though. Most I did in a group, but some solo too.

My list, in order of completion:

Blazeridge Steppes
Dredgehaunt Cliffs
Sparkfly Fen
Gendarran Fields
Fireheart Rise
Lornar’s Pass
Hirathi Hinterlands
Bloodtide Coast
Frostgorge Sound
Iron Marches
Timberline Falls
Fields of Ruin
Mount Maelstrom

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

Not at all. Because knowing what is missing doesn’t help in actually getting the map because which map is invaded is random. I know exactly which two maps are missing but they don’t turn up in the rotation or are bugged when they do.

Yes, but I had done all 13 maps, and 2 of them bugged out, so I have to keep doing each map until the achievement triggers on the map that is bugged for me.. (The maps that bugged on me where Timberline Falls, and Blazeridge Steppes)

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chidori.9483

Chidori.9483

Just found this in the bugs forum:

Hi guys,

After some careful investigation of these achievements, we believe there are a few technical restrictions and communication issues that are causing the problems here.

First, Molten and Pirate events do not grant achievement credit. This means that if you hop into an invasion right as scarlet spawns, or if you spend an entire invasion on pirate and/or molten events, you will not get achievement credit for that map.

Second, disconnecting during an invasion seems to have some odd effects on participation credit, especially if you end up switching maps in the process (i.e. moving to a different overflow). You should still get credit if you participate in at least one watchwork event after reconnecting, but if you disconnect, you should assume your participation credit up to that point has been lost. This is far from ideal, but it would be a code-level fix, and we wouldn’t be able to get it in before the end of the event.

Lastly, because the previous two issues are not super obvious, people may be losing track of which maps they have already gotten credit for. The meta rewards are always given as long as you’re on the map when it ends. Many players expect this to mean that they also received achievement credit (which ideally should be a reasonable assumption). However, as this is not always the case, they may mark off a map as complete, even though they did not receive achievement credit.

So in order to receive achievement credit, you need to participate and complete at least one watchwork portal event, and still be on the map when the meta ends. It doesn’t matter how far the meta gets progressed, and you don’t need to participate in any Molten/Pirate events.

Hopefully this clarifies some things for you, and many apologies for any frustration this has caused. In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.

LOYALTY | HONOR | DEDICATION | RESPECT | FAMILY | LIQUOR
_____________________ VANQUISH _____________________

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Interesting clarification. This isn’t what has bugged mine though. I’m surprised this hasn’#t been communicated wider though since it’s quite a major point

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: do it.4016

do it.4016

Yes, but I had done all 13 maps, and 2 of them bugged out, so I have to keep doing each map until the achievement triggers on the map that is bugged for me.. (The maps that bugged on me where Timberline Falls, and Blazeridge Steppes)

i got the same problem.. i am stuck on 11/13 and tried to redo those maps without any luck… is there a way to know which map it did count?

lv80>Mesmer>Damage Capping build>Supporter

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

I still need fireheart rise, I took part, done a few minions and rest on aether. No progression. It’s the only one I need. I haven’t been credited for it twice now and it’s the only one I’m missing. Now I have to hope to get lucky that the RNG pops out the map again during the times that I play (or log into the check if the map is up).

I hate this achievement so much. Even the Liadri ones were less painful, I could do those whenever I wanted unlike the Invasions which happen at a specific time of the day for different maps.

I envy those who have already completed it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

My problem is I didn’t afk on maps I knew I needed, except for Blazeridge because the first time I did it legit it didn’t count it. I AFK’d it again later and it counted. I don’t know which map didn’t count aside from the 5 or so I made sure the percent went up when I tracked it. I’m really going to be upset if I don’t get it because 1) 25 AP is a bit of a chunk, and 2) I actually bloody well did all the maps legit and for whatever reason they haven’t said, one of them didn’t count. The clockwork champion makes sense, but I fail to see why killing just a single champion is what makes you get credit, when I’ve closed portals and killed Pirates and Molten Alliance for the entire 45 minutes, both of which are required to actually down and “win” the event. That’s BS that those two supposedly don’t count towards completion. Why the hell are they even there then?

I hate complaining about this game because it’s free and I appreciate content like this, and I understand bugs happen, but by God I’ve spent so much time trying to get this achievement that if I don’t get it before it ends in a few days I’m going to be livid. I spent 45 minutes on these events and they didn’t count.

(edited by Woljnir.7810)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I finished 13/13 yesterday. I had a good idea of the last map I needed (Blazeridge) so I just camped out there. Turned out I was right. Also, my experience matches the dev quote above. In a couple circumstances, I did one or two portal events (making sure I received the event completion pop-up on the top right) then went afk. When I came back I had the reward box up and my Invasion Canceler achievement had ticked up by one.

I was lucky because I was able to think about each map I had done an invasion on and had a good feeling on which one I was missing, in addition to not being hit with the credit bug. Unfortunately, I bet there’s a ton of players that have no clue (due mainly to the achievement credit bug) and are just throwing darts at this point. For such a large number of maps, they really should have had listing of maps that a player completed in the achievement panel.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I was in a similar boat with the 2 I was missing, I narrowed it down to 5 which turned out to be correct, but even then having to wait on a possible 13 hour rotation for 1 map to pop (or longer?).

After i got the achievement I never touched the events again.

10/10 would have been ideal, it would have allowed you to bypass poor programming and sloppy coding. But that’s giving them room for their own incompetence.

A tracking system would be ideal.
4 map events that spawned simultaneously would have stopped the stupid 13 hour rotations
A system that encouraged everyone to participate the whole event. Not just aspects of it that included a champion -.-

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Clockwork Chaos

Azraeel.1238

Just mail us what we are missing, and we won’t complain….

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

You need to get at least bronze on ONE of portal events (kill one or few twisted mobs). You can AFK the rest of it — tested, works (got 3 most recent maps like that, getting harder to verify as I’m on 12/13 now and only get the maps I already did).

You DO NOT get a map counted if you focused only on Aetherblades / Moltens — also tested, even though the whole meta was success, I helped getting Scarlet, and we got her (got even the final reward) I did not increase my Invasion Canceller achievement.

in Clockwork Chaos

Azraeel.1238

You need to get at least bronze on ONE of portal events (kill one or few twisted mobs). You can AFK the rest of it — tested, works (got 3 most recent maps like that, getting harder to verify as I’m on 12/13 now and only get the maps I already did).

You DO NOT get a map counted if you focused only on Aetherblades / Moltens — also tested, even though the whole meta was success, I helped getting Scarlet, and we got her (got even the final reward) I did not increase my Invasion Canceller achievement.

That’s good to know, however I don’t want to redo all the maps again to check which ones I need. I’m at 11/13… No freaking Idea which ones I missed!