Am I bugged? (Invasion Canceler)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I’m stuck at 11/13, and I believe I’ve done every zone at least twice and have not completed this achievement.

I’ve done…

Sparkfly Fen
Blazeridge Steppes
Iron Marches
Fields of Ruin
Fireheart Rise
Harathi Hinterlands
Gendarran Fields
Timberline Falls
Dredgehaunt Cliffs
Frostgorge Sound
Mount Maelstrom
Bloodtide Coast
Lornar’s Pass

That is 13.

In the past 24 hours I’ve done Sparkfly, Maelstrom, and Blazeridge.

I’ve gotten the reward at the end of each one, but haven’t killed Scarlet at each one, but I have noticed getting credit for Frostgorge when we didn’t kill Scarlet.

Am I bugged or am I just missing something here? I’d like credit at least once for an achievement I’ve done at least twice…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

I think its a bug. ive completed every map except for frostgorge multiple times, and I am stuck @ 11/13…. going to open a ticket after I get frostgorge so that I can at least say I have completed every map

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

12/13 since last Thursday, complete every map at least 5 times.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Raven Paradox.1860

Yeah I might make a support ticket too. I clearly remember doing every map.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Don’t waste your time with tickets. This has been happening the entire event to people. Maps are pretty much deciding on their own whether or not they want to count. I currently have the achievement tracked so I know when the % goes up I for sure got credit. It has helped eliminate about half the maps for me. I know I still need Iron Marches, but that means another map hasn’t registered since I’ll only be at 12/13. They’ll say kill clockwork champs and do the portals since they’re directly tied to the event, but I’ve straight up AFK’d on two maps and got credit, as well as done an entire event and not gotten credit (I didn’t get credit for Blazeridge the first time I did it, then the second time I did it I got credit. Both times I took part in the full event).

Bottom line it no one knows for sure what the H is going on other than it must be a bug of some kind. I have two problems with this:

1. I enjoyed this event, but I’m ready to move on since I have all the achievements except canceler. I’m getting tired of doing these invasions, especially when the same maps keep popping up. I really need Iron Marches and haven’t seen it once except when I logged on too late and was taken to an overflow without the invasion.

2. I haven’t moved on because I don’t want to just give up on the 25 points the achievement is worth. That’s a bit of a chunk to me. There’s going to be a big problem if when the event ends because of the apparent bugs people didn’t get credit for the achievement, when they kitten well did every map 5+ times.

(edited by Woljnir.7810)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

When you afk and get credit are you in a group? I’m trying to figure out why I’m stuck at 12/13. Perhaps you were in a group and they completed the required steps?

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: direpath.4712

direpath.4712

I read something about needing to be part of one of the sub-events for closing a minion portal. I have since made a point to involve myself in at least one minion portal event until it medals and I have been incrementing fine since.

Kali Verholme -Ezra Sarona – Sigaard Wolfson – Jumi Sprigleaf
Legacy of Elijah (LoE) – Sanctum of Rall

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: RagingDragon.9475

RagingDragon.9475

Hi guys,

After some careful investigation of these achievements, we believe there are a few technical restrictions and communication issues that are causing the problems here.

First, Molten and Pirate events do not grant achievement credit. This means that if you hop into an invasion right as scarlet spawns, or if you spend an entire invasion on pirate and/or molten events, you will not get achievement credit for that map.

Second, disconnecting during an invasion seems to have some odd effects on participation credit, especially if you end up switching maps in the process (i.e. moving to a different overflow). You should still get credit if you participate in at least one watchwork event after reconnecting, but if you disconnect, you should assume your participation credit up to that point has been lost. This is far from ideal, but it would be a code-level fix, and we wouldn’t be able to get it in before the end of the event.

Lastly, because the previous two issues are not super obvious, people may be losing track of which maps they have already gotten credit for. The meta rewards are always given as long as you’re on the map when it ends. Many players expect this to mean that they also received achievement credit (which ideally should be a reasonable assumption). However, as this is not always the case, they may mark off a map as complete, even though they did not receive achievement credit.

So in order to receive achievement credit, you need to participate and complete at least one watchwork portal event, and still be on the map when the meta ends. It doesn’t matter how far the meta gets progressed, and you don’t need to participate in any Molten/Pirate events.

Hopefully this clarifies some things for you, and many apologies for any frustration this has caused. In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.

I had the same issue but I was honestly champ farming. When I found out about the above issues, I stopped champ farming and I closed Minion portals on a couple maps and bingo 13/13.

So stop farming champs if you actually want the achievements!

But that being said they really should have added some way for us to know what maps we are missing…. And if your d/cing, well can’t help you there and you should try to submit a ticket.

Commander Kane Ragingdragon
Knights of Ares [ARES] - Apply Now

(edited by RagingDragon.9475)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

They said that the champion clockwork ones would help assure that you get credit for completion so those are the ones I have been looking for. Basically because they are not the debris created ones but always spawn from the portal. I’ve been completing multiple portal closings so I don’t know what else to do.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

Yep, I’m sure I’ve done all of the maps too and I am stuck at 12/13. It’s a pain trying to figure out which one I didn’t get credit for.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

They said that the champion clockwork ones would help assure that you get credit for completion so those are the ones I have been looking for. Basically because they are not the debris created ones but always spawn from the portal. I’ve been completing multiple portal closings so I don’t know what else to do.

I haven’t missed getting credit for any since I started making sure to kill at least one champion clockwork every time.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Same problem. I am tracking zones completion. Everytime i participate in “close portal” events. Still counter stuck at 9/13.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in Clockwork Chaos

Raven Paradox.1860

I don’t champ farm at these events. I participate in them all and join at the start.

The achievement is bugged, and ArenaNet needs to either fix this or give us credit if we’ve done it. I once again went around and did every map since this post, and still am stuck at 11/13. I’m not in the mood to continuously spend 45 minutes grinding a map just to be stuck at 11/13 at the end of it again.

I expect to log in one day and have the achievement automatically given to me since I’ve done it over 3 times now.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I don’t champ farm at these events. I participate in them all and join at the start.

The achievement is bugged, and ArenaNet needs to either fix this or give us credit if we’ve done it. I once again went around and did every map since this post, and still am stuck at 11/13. I’m not in the mood to continuously spend 45 minutes grinding a map just to be stuck at 11/13 at the end of it again.

I expect to log in one day and have the achievement automatically given to me since I’ve done it over 3 times now.

Same here. I’ve done every zone multiple times and I always focus on crossed sword invasions ( minions). I make sure to ALWAYS get in on at least two champion kills, and I’ve been stuck on 12/13 for days. No way the post from Josh Davis tells the whole story, which is just another example of how Anet doesn’t understand how their own game works.

This is a bugged piece of crap, pure and simple.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gregorius.2375

Gregorius.2375

Same here, stuck at 10/13 even though I’ve done all maps, most of them multiple times.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Welll, Overflow counts toward Achievments?

I’ve did all legit, killing all types of mobs.

Stuck at 12/13. And I don’t even know wich one I need now.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Well I was stuck on 12/13 for ages, just kept doing them as they came up, got my 13 from doing an area for the third time, an area I thought I had got a long ago.

As for the kill this or that, just kill anything, seems to have worked for me, I think I got some areas by not doing anything, just be there for the final reward, doesn’t seem to matter if you beat Scarlet or not.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

Same, I have done all and stuck at 11/13 for the past few days.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CharJC.8365

CharJC.8365

Just wanted to chip in also, seeing as how this is going to end soon. But I’m getting rather tired of bugs/glitches or whatever you would like to call it, that’s keeping me from completing this. I am eternally stuck at 11/13, I have done every map, with no DC or anything “Multiple” times. What gives? Now am I suppose to rush around all day and hope this achievement un-bugs/glitches? Cookie to the 1st Dev. that responds to this :p

Guild Leader
{League Of The Valkyries} {LOVE}

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

Been at it again all night, 12/13, the only thing left to try is frostgorge agaaaaaiiin.

Perhaps, for future achievements, have someway of letting players know what they have done. Maybe a tier for each area or a built in tick box showing which areas have counted for the achievement. Or even just break it down by area, like kryta, shiverpeaks … That way we at least have some idea of which maps didn’t get counted.

I know its just a couple points and doesn’t meant much in the scheme of things, but it would be nice.

… Now back to grinding! zzz zzz zzz