Anet!! You have outdone yourselves!!!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

So I guess this is the first big livng story patch we have seen. I just got back from the massive event in fireheart rise. We had about 8 commander pins on the map, each with about 30 peopel easily on them. I have a pic of what is undoubtedly 80 people, and it runs so smooth. We acc failed the event. We had 30 secs left on it and 5 percent on the last wave. It was fun though. Thanx Anet this is a hundred times better than last shores. Its seriously impressive in terms of capability. All the different factions, the massive amounts of DE’s. This is exactly what I wanted to see happen with DE’s and the Living Story.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sucellus.3749

Sucellus.3749

Lucky you I was waiting in overflow, and when I finally could travel to the homeworld the event was over.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

It was very fun. I hope it stays this way through the whole thing

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

Now this is what I call “living”, the invasions are great and so much fun!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Lucky you I was waiting in overflow, and when I finally could travel to the homeworld the event was over.

But overflows have same events with 10 min delay.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Belthasar.7509

Belthasar.7509

Been waiten 45 mins…….

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Scrince.1897

Scrince.1897

Not the one I was in, waited 35 mins and nothing happend.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

Overflows should have the same events with a 10 minute delay. Unfortunately, kitten’s broken… again.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

Next

Clarification: You need to get to the overflow within 10 minutes of the invasion starting or you will need to wait about 45 minutes for the next one to begin.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

Pure win as always!!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

So I guess this is the first big livng story patch we have seen. I just got back from the massive event in fireheart rise. We had about 8 commander pins on the map, each with about 30 peopel easily on them. I have a pic of what is undoubtedly 80 people, and it runs so smooth. We acc failed the event. We had 30 secs left on it and 5 percent on the last wave. It was fun though. Thanx Anet this is a hundred times better than last shores. Its seriously impressive in terms of capability. All the different factions, the massive amounts of DE’s. This is exactly what I wanted to see happen with DE’s and the Living Story.

soooo…..where is that pic at? come on op you gotta deliver the goods

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

lemme find one. hmmmm.
in this pic you can only see about 40 people, there are a lot more in front.

Attachments:

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

on GH we got zergs with 300+ peple atm. and you can see each and everyone and dont lag

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

Clarification: You need to get to the overflow within 10 minutes of the invasion starting or you will need to wait about 45 minutes for the next one to begin.

There should be some sort of notice or timer or countdown thing letting those of us who got stuck in an overflow how much longer the main server has to finish it. It’s really annoying getting to the map and not know how much longer i have to wait for the event to finish.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Orr farming is more fun.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Hooray! More zerg Farming! NOT!

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

Thanks for making a living event thats a copy of orr farming.. really funny to just mass form like a zombie and get loads of money for it.. taking away almost all server pop to this and empty out wvw,dung,pvp etcetc

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jadebat.8315

Jadebat.8315

I got to overflow and waited 40 minutes for the event to happen or to move out of overflow – only to move out of overflow to nothing. It would have been nice to know I was going to waste my time and should be doing something else. There is a lot of confusion going on right now and people are pretty upset in the overflows.

Oh, and I reported it as a bug since I didn’t know that you have to be in overflow during the first 10 minutes or it won’t happen. guess i shouldn’t have done that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Jadebat.8315

Just got into the frost gorge sound event… only to get disconnected. I logged back in and now cannot get back into the event. I do not like this event system. I have a feeling I will never be able to complete one of these events.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Could be worse, I got put into an overflow with my group. Our home instance failed, but the overflow succeeded. Wasn’t even sure that was possible.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I finished (we were successful) the Fireheart Rise event a few minutes ago. Well done, ArenaNet! It was tons of fun and cool new rewards. Got around 7 achievements, as well. You weren’t kidding when you said it would be something BIG. Thank you for all your hard work, this content is most enjoyable. =)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: nehezbegar.1065

nehezbegar.1065

I can finally enjoy the game at it’s finest with tons of ppl on the screen….hahahah bye bye culling and never come back.

(edited by Moderator)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

I gotta say, turning off culling has made a world of a difference for me. Completing the first invasion event in Tarnished Coast at Fireheart Rise just felt so… epic! Seeing all the cities fully fleshed out with people is a great sight too. Heck, this one change alone has made the patch totally worth it for me.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Thanks for making a living event thats a copy of orr farming.. really funny to just mass form like a zombie and get loads of money for it.. taking away almost all server pop to this and empty out wvw,dung,pvp etcetc

So your problem is that people prefer this event and are leaving wvw, dungeons, and pvp?

…. Your issue is that other people are having fun?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

Sending everyone in a server to one map, knowing the system with overflow servers, brilliant …

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Eli Stormstrike.8637

Eli Stormstrike.8637

Could be the worst patch to date on the technical side of things.
Culling removed in combination with an LS patch where the whole server bunches up in one area of one map, with overflows in overflows where events don’t happen and people are stuck.

All-in-all, good idea, poorly executed, terrible design, lag.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You ought to do something about that—how frustrating for some players.

in Clockwork Chaos

Jadebat.8315

This is broke. I cannot seem to stay in an event. There is no way to get back into an event once you are out of it. Therefore, this has effectively cut me off from game content. I am a casual, non-pvp gamer. This content is what I log-in to play for.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Not playable at all, complete fail. Have tried 3 different events. So many people you can’t see anything on the screen, then it freezes and I get kicked to an overflow. Not happy with this one at all, and it looked like it could have been a lot of fun. I guess I can try guesting to an empty server, otherwise this will be another event that I will not be able to do.

in Clockwork Chaos

Jadebat.8315

made it to the final wave in timberline falls and then got disconnected. There needs to be a way to reenter the event. This is broke.

in Clockwork Chaos

Jadebat.8315

In one event, this game is now ruined for me. I am a PVE player and I love the events and living world (up until now). I have spent an entire day trying out this content and have failed to complete it once due to not being able to get into the event. Due to the fact that I cannot reenter the invasion events if i get disconnected, this content is essentially blocked to me. Game over. Very disappointed. I will watch to see if this gets fixed, but have my doubts since I am but a lonely individual. I am so mad right now.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: peter.2738

peter.2738

For now, I really dislike this zergfest. From my point of view, Its considered laggy (15fps), disorientating, boring, 45min random spell spaming event, with a bit of running around.

Attachments:

(edited by peter.2738)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Everyone calm down, it’s release day bugs, they will get patched. Maybe play something else for a bit while they hammer out issues, or maybe….gasp go out side, enjoy some fresh air, let the sun wash over you, feel the wind blowing.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

One thing makes me laugh. Nobody cares about Orr. Even dragons and all other villains just ignore it

I want to build a villa here and live here.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Stuck in overflow, great fun……….not.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

I just cancelled my [next gen console I won’t name in fear of flames] preorder to get a new pc at the end of the year. Why? The direction GW2 seems to be taking is enough to convince me to really commit to this game – again!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

Totally brainless zergs autoattacking.

So… Not really fun for me I must admit…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

I agree. I think this is an amazing patch. Can’t wait to try the Funhouse.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ragnar Lothbrok.3968

Ragnar Lothbrok.3968

the rewards might be good, but its so boring running around in a zerg like a mindless robot, can we get rewards as good as those with fun, non-zerg related content already ..please?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

My initial reaction: better than flame and frost. But only time can tell.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rage.8429

Rage.8429

Brilliant, so far only got into one invasion and lost, but was a great laugh! Finally PvE commanders can be put to use.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Man In Zero G.8312

Man In Zero G.8312

I’ve loved it so far – the only complaint I have is NPCs referring to Divinity’s Reach as “DR” in dialogue…. that’s extremely immersion breaking, to be honest. Otherwise fantastic event!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Torque.2948

Torque.2948

Clarification: You need to get to the overflow within 10 minutes of the invasion starting or you will need to wait about 45 minutes for the next one to begin. Please tell me this is a joke?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Clarification: You need to get to the overflow within 10 minutes of the invasion starting or you will need to wait about 45 minutes for the next one to begin. Please tell me this is a joke?

No. The event lasts 45 minutes, so if it started any later than ten minutes past the hour it would get cut off (on the hour) when the next event started.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

I’ve loved it so far – the only complaint I have is NPCs referring to Divinity’s Reach as “DR” in dialogue…. that’s extremely immersion breaking, to be honest. Otherwise fantastic event!

Why? We use initials like that in real life e.g. LA and KL. I don’t see why Tyrians wouldn’t do the same.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Why? We use initials like that in real life e.g. LA and KL. I don’t see why Tyrians wouldn’t do the same.

Yeah, on the other hand? Scarlet is crazy . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I like it. The new opponents seem to have some interesting abilities and the whole experience seems to make the community more communal and goal oriented. Yes it is possible to zerg the events to a certain extent, BUT if you zerg blob the map the overall event will fail. So far I give it a 9/10 as the overflow can be a pain, and the final boss is too squishy, however the content is solid.

More like these in the future please!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: sdcmgs.7348

sdcmgs.7348

I have truly enjoyed this update! The constant battles and tracking has been fun! Thanks ANet!

Level 80, Sylvari Necromancer
Not So Epic [HAL]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I love the idea, I love the mobs and whilst a kindless zergfest, it does have an epic feel (offset by God awful music which doesn’t set the battle up at all). The story started to improve as well (not great, but better)

The problem is the gating – ie not being able into Pavilion or into an event if you miss an overflow that was active 10mins post. There is no reason not to have multiple maps on the go. It’s a question of “right time” to log in…ie luck.

So far 5 invasions, only got into 2 of them. Hats off to the designers of the mobs though. They are VERY cool to fight. And a nice design. Lots of screenshots of them!!

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

I logged in late to the Lornar’s Pass one but got into an overflow for the Fireheart Rise one. I crashed into character select screen and entered again but then crashed during loading into Lornar’s Pass. After a few minutes the screen went white and I closed gw2 and reopened. I now missed the Fireheart Rise one. I then closed the game and played a different game.