Back to "fail the event"

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Technically speaking not “failing”, but farming aether is way more profitable than portals ones because;

1. Aether are guaranteed champions, so guess where people go
  2. Portals are a chocolate box except that when you open it there is more empty space than chocolate, aka, usually no guarantee of champions, you could go 4 events in a row and not a single champion.

Basically the event doesnt advance because of this.

Solution:

Quite simple really, make the portals have about the same amount of champions, and NO, the solution is not nerfing the aethers, they are ok now, but rather give an incentive for people to go for something other than them.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: WhimsicalPacifist.2943

WhimsicalPacifist.2943

Predictable Prisoner’s Dilemma.

Second thought it only somewhat qualifies as one: a Prisoner’s Dilemma would be more rewarding if all players didn’t default to the easier option. Thus the event really only qualifies as a PD because the only exclusive reward to it is the achievement. If you’re trying for that achievement now, you’re really hosed now that everyone is choosing the more lucrative option.

(edited by WhimsicalPacifist.2943)

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

The disparity between the two events is a little bit more than this.

I really wouldn’t mind doing Portals for the completion of the meta-event (after I do Aethers)… if the rewards for Portals is just a little bit less.

But how much more ridiculous can it be when even Veteran Aethers can at least drop a Bag, but a Veteran Twisted Nightmare drops NOTHING at all?

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The twisted nightmares can be summoned by other mobs using the gears. Summoned mobs never have loot.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Summoned mobs never have loot.

Really? Summoned wolves (by another wolf) gave me fangs.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Fortus.6175

Summoned mobs never have loot.

Really? Summoned wolves (by another wolf) gave me fangs.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you are gonna get them nerfed!

Legendary SoloQ

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I think the Aetherblade issue in the invasions shows an imbalance on Arenanets side that they simply are trying to avoid fixing, perhaps because it is too much time/work. From the various LS events recently, it seems that the loot table info is tied directly to the group of mobs. Aetherblades are their own group of mobs, from bottom guy to top champion and they appear to have their own loot drop table, while Twisted machines have their own group and table. Same for the Molten alliance and steam creatures, and every other group in Tyria.
The problem is that the loot tables are imbalanced, and so when the LS team goes and selects groups of mobs to present the challenge in a dynamic event, you wind up with what we have now, where one group is far more profitable than another. The results at that point are predictable.
IF I’m anywhere close to correct about this, Arenanet has balance issues that need to be resolved before this sort of thing is going to go away. The loot tables can be different for drop types (certain lodestones, certain exotics, etc.), but they need to be leveled out in quality and value, otherwise you’re going to continue seeing large groups prioritizing specific mob types while ignoring others, even if it fails the event.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

from my observation , for the aertherblades, if the pirate captain appears try, just attacked it until champs pop up and switch focus to the champs. if you play it right by planning to kill the captain last, you’ll get at least 4 champs per pirate captain……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

If they nerfed the Aetherblades i’d just stop doing the event completely +1 to op..

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Fortus.6175

oh well, hopefully in the next update we have some specific information regarding that, otherwise I pity the poor people who need te achievements still, unfortunately Im also subject to human nature and I will not sacrifice my time and gains to receive a thankless emptiness.

Legendary SoloQ

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I’m not sure the rate of which Anet learns from their mistakes (I don’t think it’s a favorable number) but I hope they will change how they do large scale invasions in the future.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

In reward: Aetherblades > stuff/stuff/stuff

In difficulty: Aetherblades > Minions > stuff/stuff

They really need to invent some extra champions for the other types, because right now most of them are so feeble they keel over before I can even get off an attack on them, leaving 1 or 2 lonely champs that get burned down from all sides. Little loot and even less enjoyment by comparison.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

It doesn’t help when some of the Twisted veterans can be nearly as hard as a Champion of another type yet rarely drop anything worth the effort.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

Unless you’re in melee range and not dodging they shouldn’t be anywhere near that bad. If it’s too laggy or whatever then attack them from range, and have ‘stow weapons’ bound to a key you remember so you can spam it when the reflect shield goes up on the Nightmares. Then all you have to worry about is bombs from the floating ones, and the laser cannon from Nightmares (I think if you have 1500 range you might be able to sit outside theirs, but simpler to build for out-healing its ‘meh’ damage output).

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

More champs everywhere and lessen the healthbars of the minions. Too long.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

If they nerfed the Aetherblades i’d just stop doing the event completely +1 to op..

Good. Maybe more will think like you and stop the event so that people who want to succeed rather than farm champs actually have a chance at beating the event.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I would be genuinely surprised if you had enough people to complete the event without the farmers.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Personally, I have thousands of sprockets and don’t need any more.; I’d much rather have the Pirates’ loot bags. I avoid all Twisted Machine events because of this.

Not sure if this is true, but it seems the Twisted Machines also drop Gauntlet (RIP) tickets while pirates don’t — aside from BLC, the last thing I want are gauntlet tickets.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

Good. Maybe more will think like you and stop the event so that people who want to succeed rather than farm champs actually have a chance at beating the event.

Except that wouldn’t help.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Yeah wasn’t that used as justification to farm embers. When it was pointed out that people would just stop the reply was “good, then we can always have it open”.

http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html

I laugh every time I see it. That sure worked.

What I think was meant was

Good. Maybe more will think like you and stop the event so that Anet will nerf it so people like me can finally succeed without having to put any effort into it. Then we will QQ that more of you would rather than farm champs instead of actually doing the events for us.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I would be genuinely surprised if you had enough people to complete the event without the farmers.

I tend to agree with this. I started an Event very late (about 8 min after the announcement) this morning and it was very lonely in that Overflow Map. Ran into at least a dozen events I couldn’t even begin to think about taking on by myself….eventually some other players showed up and we pulled a few out of a Molten Mob and finally took the whole thing down with about 5-6 players.

There was no chance we were ever going to be able to tackle all the Events needed to complete with the few number of players we collected. I think the final “Zerg” we had was a bit over a dozen. Granted, there were other groups on the map as I could see 2 commander tags elsewhere (I usually avoid them, but that’s another story), but we simply could not kill fast enough to complete enough Events to be successful.

On the bright side, we all got some fairly good loot (not optimum) and the fights were all much more enjoyable and actually required some skill and intelligence to win (ok, for PvE).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Yeah wasn’t that used as justification to farm embers. When it was pointed out that people would just stop the reply was “good, then we can always have it open”.

http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html

I laugh every time I see it. That sure worked.

What I think was meant was

Good. Maybe more will think like you and stop the event so that Anet will nerf it so people like me can finally succeed without having to put any effort into it. Then we will QQ that more of you would rather than farm champs instead of actually doing the events for us.

You know, I did an experiment last night. I only farmed and went with the farming zerg – ignoring the event completely. Two out of three times, we completed the event ANYHOW. On the last one, Scarlet actually spawned with the timer set at 0:00 but remained because we still had an Aether Captain in the map to kill. If the others on the map had gone to fight her instead of the barrage of QQ, that run likely would have succeeded as well despite an “exploit” being in play.

More hilarious was a group that purposely ran over to the farmers and started berating them instead of working on the event. We won that one with about three minutes to spare and no thanks to those who decided to go harass people.

So, in my experience, efficient farming by a concentrated group combined with organized effort by a group looking to complete the event always leads to a successful or near successful run for both. The things that contribute to a poor run are disorganization, contested waypoints, lack of people and lack of effort.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Syl.5842

Syl.5842

I also did this experiment by following the zerg who tried to complete the event and we still failed (on Harathi Hinterlands).

I still have one map to complete to have the achievement, I don’t remember which one, and it’s impossible based on my previous attempt. Why would I spend 45min trying to win the event if, in the end, it fails and I get less loot than the other people?…

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

They just need to make “completion” and “profit” not mutually exclusive. It doesn’t seem too far fetched an idea that you should be rewarded the best for reaching your goal.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

They just need to make “completion” and “profit” not mutually exclusive. It doesn’t seem too far fetched an idea that you should be rewarded the best for reaching your goal.

I actually saw, for the first time, a champion Steam Creature in an invasion yesterday (or maybe the day before). That was interesting to me because there didn’t seem to be a particularly impressive number of people there compared to what I’d seen before, so unless it’s just a really rare spawn I wonder if they are starting to scale the non-’blades a bit better.

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

AP farmers fail events too. The 13/13 was a stupidly insane achievement due to the game failing to recognise your participation on a map (even tho you get rewarded -.-) and no tracker for which event was missed.

It meant many of us had to repeat events despite having no interest in participating in them again and making sure the criteria was met i.e. killed a champion.

Many would subsequently afk the rest of the fight.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Technically speaking not “failing”, but farming aether is way more profitable than portals ones because;

1. Aether are guaranteed champions, so guess where people go
  2. Portals are a chocolate box except that when you open it there is more empty space than chocolate, aka, usually no guarantee of champions, you could go 4 events in a row and not a single champion.

Basically the event doesnt advance because of this.

Solution:

Quite simple really, make the portals have about the same amount of champions, and NO, the solution is not nerfing the aethers, they are ok now, but rather give an incentive for people to go for something other than them.

No!! To fix this they should remove the extra champions from pirate event. Pay more attention to the events vs time. You will realize the map is doing fine until the pirate event hits. Then you will see the aetherblade bar just stuck there for a while before going down. Then you start falling back until you fail it. So nerf the darn Pirate events.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

Back to "fail the event"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

A simple solution is to have the aetherblade bar go down just like the minion bar. The more you kill the more the bar drops. Or at least have the end of the morale portion of the aetherblades have the bar actually drop like the captain makes the bar drop.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi