Culling vs Clockwork Chaos

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I’ve been doing some testing (my PC has an i5-750 2.66ghz) and found an interesting side-effect of the culling settings and this event.

When running around with a large zerg, setting the model quality to “lowest” has EXTREME positive affects on my framerate. Setting it even just to “low” ruins this and drops the framerate down to nearly slideshow levels.

However, leaving the setting on “lowest” means that I never ever see another player model. It’s not really an MMO if I can’t see people’s unique characters and gear.

Can it be modified to trigger the “lowest” quality effect ONLY during 10+ player combat when set at “low.” This way we could still get the near silk FPS in combat while maintaining our ability to see others while not near a fight.

Right now even cities are displaying no character models for me on “lowest.” Not sure if it’s all the activity from the event, or if that setting litterally means no unique character models ever.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Damarus.5938

Damarus.5938

I am surprised by your results. I have set my model limit to lowest, and model quality to low. Essentially, I’m only seeing a low number of character models, but a number of them show the real gear. You didn’t mention your model limit setting (maybe try this?). Performance is great, and when running small groups its unnoticeable because I’m getting all the people to show up in normal models (so this really just kicks in for zergs).

I’m getting the same results your wanting with my settings, maybe your setting for model limit is what is holding you back? (truly asking, i still don’t know how those two dials work in combination, I just feel I truly landed on the right setting by playing with them).

Side anet Praise: super great performance with the limiting effects and culling in PvE. Real impressed with how some of the peripheral things look (i can have all my other settings on high), and how unaffected small team gameplay is.

Member of Knights Templar [KT] – http://knights-templar.com

(edited by Damarus.5938)