Does "Destroy" help?

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Q:

In the Clockwork fights, often gears are displayed. If you hoover over them, you have the option to “Destroy” them, which triggers an animation like finishing a player in sPvP or WvWvW.

Does it do anything else? ‘Cause if not, it’s a waste of precious time if you are trying to thwart Scarlet.

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Ignore them. They will die faster to aoe (after they revive) than the time you take to do a finishing move.

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The gears are the corpses of the recently killed minions. If left alone, other minions will go to them and create something from it, either another minion or a turret.

When doing the events in a small group, destroying them can really help. When zerging it, they simply get in the way of looting.

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I’ve been “destroying” them for that reason. Also, I had the vague idea that there was some kind of achievement for it, though I don’t see anything on my achievement panel.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There was a daily to destroy 25 of them a couple of days ago.

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’ve done it occasionally when soloing them because they usually make Menders which do, in fact, appear to mend things. Otherwise though, they literally die to other people before I can swing a hammer at them most of the time.

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

They don’t just revive or make another weak one, some of them upgrade using the parts. If they get enough parts they can turn into those giant Lts. If you aren’t in a big zerg you really need to try and destroy them or they will all upgrade which can wreck a smaller group or at the very least waste a lot of your time. I’ve seen 5 of those huge Lts form from a single portal.

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

The answer is it depends on how many people are with you….if there’s less than 4 then they will resurrect enough to double your fighting time. More than 4 and they’ll die too fast, unless everybody is concentrating on a veteran or champ.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

The problem with the gears is that you can be 95% done the channel and a mob can just walk to a gear and “harvest” it instantly. It doesn’t give you an indication that your finisher didn’t complete, the mob doesn’t have channel time, it doesn’t interrupt, and you can see the new mob/mine appear despite your finisher animating.

There are a few ways this could be improved but it won’t be. In a zerg, DPS is the only thing that matters. Finishing the gears is only helpful in the playhouse.

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

They don’t just revive or make another weak one, some of them upgrade using the parts. If they get enough parts they can turn into those giant Lts. If you aren’t in a big zerg you really need to try and destroy them or they will all upgrade which can wreck a smaller group or at the very least waste a lot of your time. I’ve seen 5 of those huge Lts form from a single portal.

Those are actually fusions.
2 fat veterans do some sort of mecha combine, creating those monstrosities.

The worst part is, those vets can be at 1% hp, the moment they combine, the end result will still be a full health lt.
And there is no way to tell, when it will happen… However, it seems to start on cooldown or have some other requirements.
“Hey, guys, the event is over, but stay with me. Let’s clean up these vets. They count towards meta progression.”
“guys? GUYS?”
“hm looks like those 3 allies are the only ones who didn’t move on. Gotta take down these 2 vets quickly…”
“Seems easy enough, we can do it. They are all nice and stacked up, so our AoE can hit the- OH SHI- RUUUN!”

Well, if one of these is created after an event is already over, I typically just make a run for it.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

They require scrap for that though. I’ve never seen them fuse or upgrade without digging into a pile of scrap. There are normal upgrades too, where a smaller one will upgrade to the next strongest type by itself just using a pile of scrap, instead of making something else with it. Menders → Reaver → Horror → Vet Horror

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Well, the thing is, simply because of this combine mechanic, I’m thinking about dropping the greatsword on my guardian and grabbing a hammer instead, cause whenever I pull some fatties at one spot, there is the risk of actually screwing the whole group…

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Does "Destroy" help?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Destroy them. Not only do the come back and upgrade the other minions, but destroying them helps with the progression bar of the event. As you destroy those, they hurt the portal overhead.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA