Don't like this update

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

After an incredible patch with Queen’s Gauntlet, where we finally had some challenging content and a new premise for a gauntlet type permanent content for the future, now we get an update like this.

I know you can’t please everyone, but there were just so many people who absolutely loved the previous patch and had high hopes for this one. Sadly, it’s NOTHING challenging and nothing permanent. It’s a giant zerg fest running around maps and underwhelming living story content.

In a few days a big portion of your playerbase is going to be incredibly bored and go back to doing old content. Don’t get me wrong, I want this game to succeed and I still play many hours every day. But content like this is a huge step in the wrong direction in terms of giving us more endgame content (read: permanent) to play with.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

There’s perm content.

Update Notes:

After the Clockwork Chaos release, the invasions will continue at a less frequent pace.

So the invasions seem to be sticking around.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I disagree completely. I find the invasions very nice. It is quite challenging for open pve events, you can actually fail it. And there is a reason to go back to otherwise empty maps.

And as far as I know the events are permanent, only the frequency will be lowered.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

This update is amazing, period.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Invasions are sticking? That is incredible!

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

What are the rewards? Or are they going to stay like the karka queen update?

Glorious Human Master Race

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Story – Predictable Fail. And another one ASURAN WONDER DEVICE to cover plot gaps.
Cutscene – glitchy fail.
Villain – Epic fail.
PVE – Zergfest.
PVP – nothing at all (as always)

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

i think anet made a choice to have a progressing story rather than attempt to create content faster than people got bored of it

which is of course impossible, the alchemist’s stone of MMOs.

if you think the invasions are a zergfest LEAVE THE ZERG. i’ve solo-d and small-teamed more invasion events so far than i’ve zerged, and a few of the zergs were small enough that the aetherblades presented a serious challenge (wiped once)

(you ninny)

(edited by Shoe.5821)

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Seezungenschleuder.8319

Seezungenschleuder.8319

I agree, this update is boring and disappointing.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

that the aetherblades presented a serious challenge (wiped once)

(you ninny)

Serious challenge? Let me guess, you didn’t even manage to kill Liadri and do 5 gambits achievment? And artificial “difficulties” don’t make this zergfest something else.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

I can’t say i don’t like it, in some way it amuses me!
What i am worried about is it looks IMO the game starts to have too much Robotica in it…seriously!
Unless they wanna change the old lore to something more ""Star Warish""…
Light sabres soon, i ask?!…:P

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jadebat.8315

Jadebat.8315

In one event, this game is now ruined for me. I am a PVE player and I love the events and living world (up until now). I have spent an entire day trying out this content and have failed to complete it once due to not being able to get into the event. Due to the fact that I cannot reenter the invasion events if i get disconnected, this content is essentially blocked to me. Game over. Very disappointed. I will watch to see if this gets fixed, but have my doubts since I am but a lonely individual. I am so mad right now.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

Are you kidding me?! This one is pretty darn awesome. Putting all of these massive zerg events into old zones in the world means that players like me who love the world but have already explored all of the zones can jump back in and see them in a whole new way. Fighting off massive events that require an entire server fighting in multiple zergs across an entire zone results in a battle with a sense of scale that hasn’t been topped yet. It’s REALLY impressive!

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Icyie.9341

Icyie.9341

I like the idea behind this event, I really do. But the overflow limits are annoying, and if you get disconnected/crash there’s no way to get back to the overflow map when you’re solo. Out of four events, I missed one, got into three, but only finished one. The other two times I crashed when there was less than 3 minutes left on the timer.

Oh well. Just sharing my frustrations with this event.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Jadebat.8315

I would love it if I could do it. I too have completed explored all the zones. The game is set up so I can’t complete the new content. Make it so if i get booted that I can reenter and things will be great.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Bragdras.9572

Bragdras.9572

In one event, this game is now ruined for me. I am a PVE player and I love the events and living world (up until now). I have spent an entire day trying out this content and have failed to complete it once due to not being able to get into the event. Due to the fact that I cannot reenter the invasion events if i get disconnected, this content is essentially blocked to me. Game over. Very disappointed. I will watch to see if this gets fixed, but have my doubts since I am but a lonely individual. I am so mad right now.

You’ve spent an entire day trying to play in an update that’s been released 5 hours ago huh? Hrm, okay, seems legit, anyways, it’ll cool down in a few days, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to do your things.

I don’t understand why you’d get mad 5 hours in after it’s released when you have 2 weeks to do it.
And even if you don’t get the achievements, the update states invasions will still happen after the update, so.. Yeah.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Guest on a server with low population and avoid the main group. At least for me, fighting the new monsters in small numbers is both fun and difficult.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Massive zergs…because auto-attacking for 45 minutes equals fun gameplay…

Sorry, but this patch is not for me. I’ll be glad once I can finally get back into the Gauntlet again.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

Something happened to QJ?! More open world zerg content?! Who would have guessed!

Oh right, the community called it weeks ago.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sinoran.9140

Sinoran.9140

It’s easy to tell that people haven’t even tried the new content out when they say that “it’s just another zergfest.” If you had tried, you would know the mechanics of the new events are anti-zerg. If you attempt to zerg this event, you WILL fail. Period. Please play through content before posting negative comments about content you have not tried.

Warrior/Ranger/Guardian/Engineer
Dragonbrand

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Jadebat.8315

I played 5 hours. That is my day. And if they don’t see the problems it causes by not allowing people to re-enter events, then the problem continue for all new events in the future.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

It’s easy to tell that people haven’t even tried the new content out when they say that “it’s just another zergfest.” If you had tried, you would know the mechanics of the new events are anti-zerg. If you attempt to zerg this event, you WILL fail. Period. Please play through content before posting negative comments about content you have not tried.

This is also important. There’s a time limit and a large number of different events in need of completion. If you ball into one giant zerg, you WILL fail. Multiple bodies across the zone are NEEDED.

I’ve seen an entire server fail a zone because the commanders balled up and failed to spread out. The zerg wasn’t able to cover ground fast enough to succeed, and the entire operation fell apart. This isn’t a zergfest, it requires coordination.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

ThiBash.5634

This isn’t a zergfest, it requires coordination.

To me, the gameplay difference between a zerg of 20 and a zerg of 80 is minimal…the whole ‘invasion’ is still 45 minutes of mostly auto-attacking.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

koolmutt.9827

Sinoran: I’m not sure you’re familiar enough with the new content yet. It is literally just a zergfest. Maybe your definition of a zerg is my definition of a large zerg. And yes I’ve tried the content, taking down Scarlett on three different maps so far.

Content is simply boring and silly and people are going to quickly become bored within a couple of days. Devs are losing insight on what’s going to continue to peak interest in this game, if they think replacing content like gauntlet with something as silly as this update is their solution to generating more interest for their players.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It’s not perfect but it’s a whole lot better than the royal farce the Queen’s Gauntlet was. Nice to see that invasions are staying around.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

ThiBash.5634

The gauntlet is nice. Little buggy, but the concept is good. Pity I can’t acces it for a few days now…

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Hmmm.. I find it rather shallow and pedantic.

XD

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I’ve tried it. It’s the Crown Pavilion in the great outdoors. And as for winning or failing – bah. It doesn’t matter one way or the other. If you win, you can fight Scarlet, and if not – guess what? She’ll be back! And it will happen all over again in a little while, somewhere else. Same old kitten. Just dash off and do it again, and then bustle off to another zone and do it again, and then again and again and again, to get all the Living Story achievements for this installment. I got an achievement! I got another achievement! Hey! I got another one! That’s great. I’m an achiever. I achieve things.

The one thing I wish had been achieved: that the things I loved about Guild Wars would have made it into Guild Wars 2.

The table is a fable.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grenth.7958

Grenth.7958

I’m just dissappointed that this new content is only geared for max level characters. I have only just started playing the game again after a long sabatical, it was in fact the Queen’s Speech that brought me back and I my highest level character is only lvl 21. I attended the closing ceremony and had fun there because it is instanced, but once you get into the open world you can’t do anything unless you are lvl 80. A shame, but I still like the concept.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

koolmutt.9827

Bored of it already, as are many other people ingame.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

koolmutt.9827

Is this really the same group of people who worked on the previous patch? The content is so vastly different and mind-numbingly repetitive and brainless, that just can’t believe it was developed right after the gauntlet.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Story – Predictable Fail. And another one ASURAN WONDER DEVICE to cover plot gaps.

This.

| Lithia |

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

that the aetherblades presented a serious challenge (wiped once)

(you ninny)

Serious challenge? Let me guess, you didn’t even manage to kill Liadri and do 5 gambits achievment? And artificial “difficulties” don’t make this zergfest something else.

You disagree?! Let me construct an artificial environment within which I can immediately dismiss any contrary opinions!

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Kirschwasser.3972

Is this really the same group of people who worked on the previous patch? The content is so vastly different and mind-numbingly repetitive and brainless, that just can’t believe it was developed right after the gauntlet.

Supposedly they have a rotating pool of… I think four teams? So one team puts out content, then two weeks later another team puts out content, then two weeks later another team puts out content, et cetera. That means, on average, each team has about two months to work on the next release.

Mind you, that setup is fairly new, sooooo… I don’t think it was fully implemented by the time this particular content was being developed.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

sazberryftw.3809

Nonono I’m pretty sure it’s one team per Living Story (per month). Correct me if I’m wrong.

| Lithia |

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Kirschwasser.3972

That might be true. All I know is that there are supposedly a rotating pool of four living story teams. If you’re right,t hat means this patch had the same developers as last patch.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

PVE – Zergfest.

This. A thousand times.

This latest patch caters only to the elite “hardcore” players. If you are not one of the people who have map completion, voice software (in any of god knows how many flavors), and top end gear, you can pretty much forget these map events. You will break your bank trying to teleport to waypoints (if you are lucky enough to have all of them) and if you aren’t within melee range of the person leading the zerg, you will miss out on a huge percentage of the loot.

Three times now I’ve lost champ loot because I arrived about 10 seconds after the main group did and spent another 15 trying to get the kittening targeting system to actually target the champ, which it never did.
The last Scarlet event I never even made it to because I was stuck “in combat” with a champion that everyone just up and left to go kill Scarlett.

If you aren’t “uber” at GW2, this patch will net you nothing but loss.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I like the IDEA, but I feel like this is half-done.

The invasions should be from key, fortified points, her troops should move to strategic locations, build up towns & outposts & take resources.

Players should make important decisions as to what to attack first, stop her supply caravans, sabotage equipment & kill commanders.

it should kinda be like WvW. the “kill next circle” is… its cool, but.. dunno.. doesn’t seem well thought out.

As for being a “big reveal!” or “something you’ve never seen!” uhh… no. it’s just random kill mobs DEs popping in random locations.. not new..

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

sazberryftw.3809

That might be true. All I know is that there are supposedly a rotating pool of four living story teams. If you’re right,t hat means this patch had the same developers as last patch.

Yes – Zephrytes/Cutthroat was one team. Dragonbash/Aetherblades was another. Etc I think that means the people who gave us Southsun did the Queen content?

| Lithia |

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

This patch is making me think of quitting GW2 altogether.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Craig.2403

Craig.2403

I have a solution to almost all of your problems: guest to a low pop server. I went to 5 events and never hit one overflow… out of 3 we completed I made it to Scarlet 2 times, and the one I missed was cause I went to the wrong wp at first… completely my fault. The zergs there are never more than 20 people, and if they are the group splits. I still go around doing half of an event solo til a commander gets there and helps finish. It speeds up the process.

Bummkin – ranger | Netherdark – thief | Crescor – mesmer | Gears Up – engi
[TFI]

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

The invasions should be from key, fortified points, her troops should move to strategic locations, build up towns & outposts & take resources.

Players should make important decisions as to what to attack first, stop her supply caravans, sabotage equipment & kill commanders.

it should kinda be like WvW. the “kill next circle” is… its cool, but.. dunno.. doesn’t seem well thought out.

As for being a “big reveal!” or “something you’ve never seen!” uhh… no. it’s just random kill mobs DEs popping in random locations.. not new..

Considering that the events take place over so many different zones that’s a bit much to ask when it’s released on such a short schedule If the event was limited to 2-3 zones then I agree it should be much more like that.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vella the knight.6072

Vella the knight.6072

patch= lame
no culling = good
invasion weaker then crown pavilion = bad
buggy cutscene = bad

overall stepping backwards this is bad.

suggestions no more fotm leave it alone people want actual dungeons. I wanted evon to win but reactor is fine I guess.

I personally want those new skills and traits mention as well as bolt fixed
more armor skins

thankfully I’m looking forward to FFxivArr which I have played 1.0 it was horrible didn’t sub to it tried both phase 3 and 4 of ARR and Its massive improvements and has gotten me back into sub which in fact for 1 character is cheaper then stranded price. I’ve spent more on gw2 less then a year then a yearly sub for something like WoW.

Also looking forward to wildstar.

but for now gw2 will be put down for a while come on for a few mins maybe do my daily log off and go play something else.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Considering that the events take place over so many different zones that’s a bit much to ask when it’s released on such a short schedule If the event was limited to 2-3 zones then I agree it should be much more like that.

4 months? ehhh…

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

koolmutt.9827

Sadly, opinions are only getting worse as the day progressed. I enjoy a lot of their updates, and hype up a lot of them to guildies right before release. But this update so far has been such a disappointment (especially for marking the 1 year anniversary) to many people, that I’m honestly a bit surprised that there’s not more criticism on the forums regarding this. If it was just my opinion, then it would be no big deal. But just seems many, many people ingame are quite disappointed at this content.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Kirschwasser.3972

PVE – Zergfest.

This. A thousand times.

This latest patch caters only to the elite “hardcore” players. If you are not one of the people who have map completion, voice software (in any of god knows how many flavors), and top end gear, you can pretty much forget these map events. You will break your bank trying to teleport to waypoints (if you are lucky enough to have all of them) and if you aren’t within melee range of the person leading the zerg, you will miss out on a huge percentage of the loot.

Three times now I’ve lost champ loot because I arrived about 10 seconds after the main group did and spent another 15 trying to get the kittening targeting system to actually target the champ, which it never did.
The last Scarlet event I never even made it to because I was stuck “in combat” with a champion that everyone just up and left to go kill Scarlett.

If you aren’t “uber” at GW2, this patch will net you nothing but loss.

… Err… What? I only have half world completion (Yeah, I’m lazy, shut up.) and top end gear. No voice software or anything and Im ake this just fine. How will you break your bank on waypoint costs? Not only are the waypoints cheaper due to the Cutthroat Politics resolution but you earn WAY more money through doing the event.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I disagree completely. I find the invasions very nice. It is quite challenging for open pve events, you can actually fail it. And there is a reason to go back to otherwise empty maps.

And as far as I know the events are permanent, only the frequency will be lowered.

You can’t fail the events. Your map can fail it. The only reason they would fail it is if people zerg too much. Maybe I’m a control freak but I don’t consider that challenging. It’s just frustrating. The individual events which make up the invasions are actually fairly easy to complete. The success of the overall event is out of your control. The best you can do is ensure you pick the events furthest from the majority of people and try to solo or pull them out with as few people as possible.

This update is amazing, period.

I love how you articulate your praise. I’m sure all the specific things you outlined about why you like this update will be very helpful to the developers when thinking about what they did right to better design future content.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nolimitz.9467

Nolimitz.9467

i guess you can expect lackluster updates like this brought to you by the LS dev team that made the Canach’s lair update every 2 months seriously this is a pretty boring update…

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Lets not resort to hyperbole here. This is not on the same level as Canach’s lair.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

ArenaNet has done a good job replicating the epicness of the karka event at Southsun without any of the culling issues. The events also force people to spread out in order to succeed. The last patch filled a niche of challenging individual player skill based content. The latest patch fills the need for huge, large scale, and epic content that involves large groups of players. ArenaNet doesn’t cater to one specific group of players. You might like everything that ArenaNet releases or you might only like some of it. I don’t think they’re actually doing anything wrong by not catering to your personal preferences all the time.