Don't like this update

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pyx.1906

Pyx.1906

How would I know how good the new content is? After 2 hours of wasted time, I have been disconnected numerous times and have TOTALLY failed to enter even one instance of the main events. Hours of waiting in queues for absolutely nothing. This is a disgrace.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Guild Wars 2, the game where you can be away from your keyboard in an outpost and still get rewards after 45 minutes and progress in your achievements.

edit: I had no idea going away from keyboard was censored.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

that the aetherblades presented a serious challenge (wiped once)

(you ninny)

Serious challenge? Let me guess, you didn’t even manage to kill Liadri and do 5 gambits achievment? And artificial “difficulties” don’t make this zergfest something else.

You disagree?! Let me construct an artificial environment within which I can immediately dismiss any contrary opinions!

Health pools and damage arent artificial “difficulties”, mobs dont try to evade your atacks dont cleanse each other conditions dont do blast finishers.. plz dont make this game what is not, there arent artificial difficulties.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

Story – Predictable Fail. And another one ASURAN WONDER DEVICE to cover plot gaps.
Cutscene – glitchy fail.
Villain – Epic fail.
PVE – Zergfest.
PVP – nothing at all (as always)

Exactly. This update is utterly disappointing – again.

All-New Content Begins August 20!

Zerg fest? – not new
Collectable marks for some skins? – not new
Events popping up somewhere in the world unrelated to the original story? – not new
Promises by Colin revealed only to be some meaningless words? – not new

Face it: there is a game at release time, that is really great and… the opposite, there is the living story. But this update is the most disappointing of all. Champion farming isn’t stopped but helped with new events. Scarlet is just a joke. Worst story ever. All the loose ends put together? So all had been a joke from the very beginning. The queens speach a joke, the dungeon a joke, the… I had enough and I am not joking.

Is it possible, that those people who created the release version of Guild Wars 2 (great work!) have left after release day and some other people with totally different ideas have taken over? Feels like this to me. Very sad.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I’m disappointed too.
For an update that was in delevopement for 8 Weeks it is pretty weak in any aspect.

I mean come on, the Cutscene was lame. It’s the Queens Speech, why the hell aren’t there big crowds of people cheering and screaming? The Pavillion is built perfectly around that balcony she stood on, NPC’s could’ve stand everywhere, but no, she is actually talking to a few people who have nothing better to do.

Then, we meet Scarlet. MAN THAT GIRL IS UGLY! Why do Villains have to be ugly? Why do you have to make it way to easy for Players to hate the Villain. She has a good Voice Actor, why don’t give her a cute Look so we actually start to like her a little bit and things get more complex.

And then of course Lord Faren has to step up in his stereotype Role. Human Characters know him from the Personal Story, he is a Casanova and that’s fine, it makes him funny. ArenaNet, the Queen is in danger, no matter how much of a Casanova a character is, he should never stay in this role if people are in danger. Why don’t you make him look and sound more heoric in that moment and give this Character more depth. Maybe he could be this Casanova who actually want’s a girl that he can protect. But no, he has to stay in his idiotically superficial Role.

AND WHAT KIND OF SERAPH CAPTAIN RALLIES THE CIVILIANS IN FRONT OF THE DANGER!
Seriously! What Captain would do that? Divinities Reach is big enough, rally them in the Palace where they’re actually save, not in Front of the Villian, that’s so stupid it makes the whole thing unreliable.

And now to the World Content.
It is fun, yes, it’s not a Zergfest how people are telling because to succeed it’s way more efficent to split up in 5-10 Man groups and do the Events. Big Zergs scale the Events up way to high to shut them down quickly.

But for a Content Update that has been in Developement for 8 Weeks, that’s just sad.
Nothing Innovative happens.

Mobs spawn here, there and there, kill them. Oh you did it, great, do it again but now with more types of enemies. Good Job, but now a different kind of Enemies appear. Oh you’ve done that too, well here’s an ugly Girl that teleports over the map but that’s basically it.

There are things I like,
Like always the design and Art choices are very good, it seems that is the only Part of ArenaNets Living Story Team that has their Stuff together.

Conclusion:

Buy better Writers ArenaNet, your current ones are very bad, maybe you should let them go back to School where they belong, because they’re obviously 10 Years old.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

I personally like the previous few living story patches, eg zephyr sanctum was cool with some new platform style/cutthroat with the activities/ queen gauntlets was satisfying.

But I dislike this invasion thing, it feels rather boring for me as it just feels like the old queensdale zerg or champion farming or boss chest farming (which I personally dislike and never participated in). I find it such a chore that I have to at least do it 5 times and after the first 2 times, I just cant be bothered to fight and just park my character on the invaded map and do other stuff on the internet.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The invasions should be from key, fortified points, her troops should move to strategic locations, build up towns & outposts & take resources.

But that is not her point with the attacks.
She only wants to create chaos. Not actually conquer stuff.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Actually I like the zerg fest part! It’s the 5 man instance dungeon at the end makes me mad. They take out a wonderful place and turn it into a 5 man pug waste of time. Boring. Boring and again Boring. Not only that if you don’t do it there is no way to turn the thing back and spend your wickets.

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Actually I like the zerg fest part! It’s the 5 man instance dungeon at the end makes me mad. They take out a wonderful place and turn it into a 5 man pug waste of time. Boring. Boring and again Boring. Not only that if you don’t do it there is no way to turn the thing back and spend your wickets.

You do know that you can do it solo, right?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Don't like this update

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

that the aetherblades presented a serious challenge (wiped once)

(you ninny)

Serious challenge? Let me guess, you didn’t even manage to kill Liadri and do 5 gambits achievment? And artificial “difficulties” don’t make this zergfest something else.

You disagree?! Let me construct an artificial environment within which I can immediately dismiss any contrary opinions!

Health pools and damage arent artificial “difficulties”, mobs dont try to evade your atacks dont cleanse each other conditions dont do blast finishers.. plz dont make this game what is not, there arent artificial difficulties.

I don’t know what patch you are playing but the the nightmare’s evade your attacks, reflect your attacks, transfer conditions to you from them, do blast finishers, do AOE’s and stun you if you don’t avoid the red circles they lay out… Maybe actually try playing the patch first before insulting it?

The event message could use some improving, I was so confused when I logged in. After the event ends it shouldn’t keep telling you to go to your home world, it should tell you that the next invasion starts on the hour.

The invasions are permanent. They will occur less frequently (probably every 6 hours or so if I had to guess) but Scarlet permanently messed up the world. They will be a fun activity to ring together the server a couple times a day.

Clearly they aren’t mindless zerg events because I’ve seen 3 of them fail so far. They require some coordination and cooperation in order to succeed, which is nice.