Farm vs. Achieve vs. Win...my answer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

I have fallen into this discussion in more than one map…and more than one occasion. I understand the discussion from each side…which made me step back and think about the goal of Scarlet:

’ “I have a great deal of work ahead of me. I don’t know what the world will be when I’m through, but I will very much enjoy finding out. Empires will fall, continents will burn, and when the conflagration is over, I’ll be there to put my stamp on whatever new world this one becomes.”

This character, and her content is made to do one thing. Bring in a conflict that could be so disruptive that the world changes drastically. Isn’t this one of the most basic of conflicts in the MMO world? Satisfication based on rewards? What would happen to the world if these ideas were forced to play against each other?

Interesting thought…and if true:

Well played Arenanet! Well played!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

I’d like to see a future Living Story installment where something awful happens to one of the major cities, and it is explained in the story as being a result of the guards all running off to loot Aetherblades instead of focusing on the task at hand.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

I’d like to see a future Living Story installment where something awful happens to one of the major cities, and it is explained in the story as being a result of the guards all running off to loot Aetherblades instead of focusing on the task at hand.

Lion’s Arch is the Tortuga of Tyria. Just wanted to point that out. :P

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grimstar.6931

Grimstar.6931

Lion’s Arch is the Tortuga of Tyria. Just wanted to point that out. :P

More like Shipwreck Cove, in my opinion.

Sanctum of Rall | Level 80 Human Thief, Necromancer, Warrior, & Ranger

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I thought the LS was supposed to run alongside, yet not interact with, the main story? Otherwise a new Sylvari player, for example, might not have a home.

I may be wrong, sure, but I think we all need to remember the LS needs to not intersect with the main story too much to either give spoilers or spoil it for newbies.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur