Holographic Communicator - one per account?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: catnip.7903

catnip.7903

So, w/o thinking, i completed the 1st story for Clockwork Chaos (Closing Ceremony) on one of my low lvl toons, at the end i obtained “Holographic Communicator” (soulbound) from Vorpp.
But hey, it’s a low lvl toon, ofc i dont have map explored on it! so how am i supposed to finish the story (need to complete 5 invasions) on a L25 toon?

Ah, right, im sure i can get the item on other toons too… but i can’t. not sure if its a bug, or poor design, but hey, Arena Net, rly?

What lies in the furthest reaches of the sky?
That which will guide the lost child back to her mother’s arms: Exile.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Talk to Vorpp in Divinity’s Reach in front of the Crown Pavillion, you should be able to ask him for another communicator on your other characters. You might need to talk to him twice to get the option to show up though (I know I had to do so at one point).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Do you actually need that thing? It seemed like more of an aid.

I guess try doing the missions on an 80, and if nothing happens, log to the one with the device and see if it updates then.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: catnip.7903

catnip.7903

I tried that, as my guildie pointed me in that direction – but Vorpp is not giving me anything.

problem solved – but kind of a bug remains.
my problem was: other players were spawning Vorpp with their communicators. Vorpp holo looks… the same. like a normal NPC model, not a hologram. and any1 can interact with it (and ofc, it wont give you another holo communicator).

What lies in the furthest reaches of the sky?
That which will guide the lost child back to her mother’s arms: Exile.

(edited by catnip.7903)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

So, to be clear, do you actually need it to complete the missions? I have 7 toons I play regularly and often swap out. I want to make sure that if I do the missions on one that I’ll still get credit.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I tried that, as my guildie pointed me in that direction – but Vorpp is not giving me anything.

my problem was: other players were spawning Vorpp with their communicators. Vorpp holo looks… the same. like a normal NPC model, not a hologram. and any1 can interact with it (and ofc, it wont give you another holo communicator).

Hmm, that’s odd. Vorpp definitely looks holographic for me when I (or other people) spawn him using the communicator. He’s got a green particle effect over him. Wonder if that’s something certain graphics options don’t display properly.

Just look for the one with the star above his head though, that should point you to the real one. Holograms don’t have that.

And yes Invictus, from what I hear you actually need to have the item on the character in order to get credit towards the achieve. At least that’s what people in Map Chat told me when I asked yesterday. I wasn’t going to test it myself to see how accurate it is, I’d rather er on the side of safety and grab it than spend 45 minutes and not get credit.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Hmm, that’s odd. Vorpp definitely looks holographic for me when I (or other people) spawn him using the communicator. He’s got a green particle effect over him. Wonder if that’s something certain graphics options don’t display properly.

Just look for the one with the star above his head though, that should point you to the real one. Holograms don’t have that.

And yes Invictus, from what I hear you actually need to have the item on the character in order to get credit towards the achieve. At least that’s what people in Map Chat told me when I asked yesterday. I wasn’t going to test it myself to see how accurate it is, I’d rather er on the side of safety and grab it than spend 45 minutes and not get credit.

It needs to be the Vorpp by the portal. Multiple copies of Vorpps get spawned when other players use their communicators, which confuses things.

The obstacle is the path.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mythbane.3261

Mythbane.3261

I cant find the guy to get another. I even talk to a hologram and got nothing. They really should have made these account bound if we only get one.