I'm afraid of doing the invasion events...

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Because I seem to be getting more disconnects and client crashes post-patch. And if I do log back in, I’m either in an overflow without any ongoing event, or simply just missed the whole thing altogether and thus wasted 45 minutes. So what I do now is simply do 1 portal event for a tag in getting the achievement and go afk on an isolated area on the map, waiting for the entire thing to finish.

Working as intended.

Is this what I have to do until I have all the achievements? That’s 13 maps.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

Have you tried adjusting your culling setting in the WvW section of your options?

in Clockwork Chaos

Leo Paul.1659

Have you tried adjusting your culling setting in the WvW section of your options?

I have.. it’s on the lowest setting.. But just earlier during the bloodtide coast event I still got dc and couldn’t log back in.. It’s very frustrating.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Maav.4962

Maav.4962

It’s fairly frustrating; I crashed about a half hour into one of the Frostgorge invasions myself. While I had crashes in the past, they were nothing like the frequency of them that I’ve been getting these past few days. I hope that there will be some solution to it from Anet, but I’m thinking a new computer might be the only real option, even though I don’t really know what’s causing the problem in the first place.

in Clockwork Chaos

Leo Paul.1659

It’s fairly frustrating; I crashed about a half hour into one of the Frostgorge invasions myself. While I had crashes in the past, they were nothing like the frequency of them that I’ve been getting these past few days. I hope that there will be some solution to it from Anet, but I’m thinking a new computer might be the only real option, even though I don’t really know what’s causing the problem in the first place.

I crashed 10 freakin minutes before the event in frostgorge ended. SO i still have 1/5 achievement for vorgg. sigh

The thing is, I didn’t need a better pc BEFORE this patch.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

This works sometimes:

If you get into the area immediately form or join a group. If you DC and get back into an overflow with no event, right click someone in your group. That “can” put you back where you were before and you can continue in that overflow. It doesn’t work every time but at least it is a chance.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Had a friend last night try two different invasions and mid way through his client crashed both times and when logging in was pushed to the overflow. To me I think that is a little unfair.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Got through one event with no problem last night with #of players set to high and detail set to medium. Don’t think the problems are server side…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

I crashed 10 freakin minutes before the event in frostgorge ended. SO i still have 1/5 achievement for vorgg. sigh

The thing is, I didn’t need a better pc BEFORE this patch.

Can top that I crashed while trying to port to the final fight with scarlet. It makes me doubt that really learned anything from the lost shores debacle.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

my best is crashing with 4 min left on the clock and the bar just short 1-2 events.
The best part of the crash is it killed my entire internet for a few min, my skype and everything d/ced.

Iv never crashed on gw before. nor is a sudden lost of internet a common occurrence.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I have not had any crashing issues at all on my computer but hubby said last night his was crashing constantly after this latest update. I was on and working on one of several invasions during the time he was having the issues on his so it obviously was not the internet. Wonder if there is a conflict with certain video cards maybe?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Waylande.4570

Waylande.4570

Don’t think it’s your computer at fault .. or your internet connection. I’ve been DC’d during two invasions today on my quad-core gaming machine, which, given that the invasions only happen once an hour, eats well into my total gaming time for the day. But my internet connection is rock solid (has been for the last 30 days), and the DC only took me back to the character select screen. So I reckon it’s ANet’s problem. I mean, running a quest chain which focuses players onto one map on the hour every hour has got be stressing the servers and asking for problems. Seems to me to be a barmy idea. But what’s this about fiddling with the WvW culling options?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Same issues. I’m worried to even do the events due to crashes or not getting credit. :/

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Wait long enough to get into overflow and group with some people there; if it crashes you’re less likely to find the server uncompromisingly full on your return.