I've missed something.... Who is Scarlet?!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dmzsfx.8103

Dmzsfx.8103

Q:

All these posts concerning scarlet and not a single one says who she is. Who is Scarlet?!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

A:

In the Sky Pirates of Tyria event, when you defeat Mai Trin in the dungeon, she says that “Scarlet will not be pleased” but later refuses to talk about who Scarlet is, implying that this mysterious “Scarlet” was behind everything.

The opening ceremony was crashed by aetherblade led by a female sylvari named “Suspicious Figure”, some people speculate that she’s Scarlet (note that she’s wearing all red clothes, unlike the rest of the aetherblade that wear different colors).

Now on the 20th a new patch is coming, Queen’s Speech, and the website announcing it was defaced, among them red X’s were drawn on top of queen’s jennah’s image, and a “Scarlet was here” graffitti on the background.

Plus some external MMO related websites were given a clock as a gift with a poem that talked about how on the 20th Scarlet was going to have her fun, teaching a lesson to the people in divinity’s reach, and warming her hands in kryta’s flames (http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/1220-watch-out-for-scarlet-on-august-20th/)

Another detail that points to the suspicious figure being scarlett… right before leaving she says “Aw, you spoiled my fun. Now I’m going to have to make a special project out of you”, and the poem says “It’s time for Scarlet to have her fun”

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

All these posts concerning scarlet and not a single one says who she is. Who is Scarlet?!

Well she’s supposedly the one leading the Aetherblades and people have come to believe that she is the mysterious Sylvari you see in the opening day event of ongoing Living Story.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dmzsfx.8103

Dmzsfx.8103

Ahhhhhh! This makes sense now, kinda skipped that dungeon xD

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

She is also theorized to be the one behind the dredge and flame legion alliance.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Besides that, there used to be a mysterious figure in GW1, that was behind a plot to kill all major human royal families in Tyria (world not continent). That person forced the asuran golemancer Zinn to build Golems that should kill Salma, Emperor Kisu and Prince Bokka.
We never found out who the figure was or what he would gain from killing all human royal families, but the whole Scarlet story is suspiciously similar to what happened back in the day.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

She is also theorized to be the one behind the dredge and flame legion alliance.

I remember that during the short quests after the Flame and Frost Molten dungeon.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rox:_Avenger_of_the_Dispossessed
The key dialog was with the Veteran Dredge Prisoner. Now I solidly remember that the dialog with both prisoners was different when I brought my Charr character into the instance, instead of any other character. In the case of my Charr character, while the wiki doesn’t have that recorded, I recall that the Dredge prisoner said something along the lines of that “shouldn’t have trusted she”. That was a part that made me smile and go all “Ohhh! The plot will grow deeper!”

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t recall the dredge’s dialogue changed… Flame Shaman’s did depending on if you were on a male charr, female charr, or non-charr.

But the whole “she” thing came from the forums, a dev post making a “slip” about it. At least for everyone else. I just remember the dredge saying not to trust the Flame Legion or their silver-tongue city slicker (not exact words mind you).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

“… their fast-talking friend from the city.”

Scarlet’s (presumably) Sylvari. … What city? She sounds like she’s missing too many of the wrong marbles to qualify as a fast-talker.

Mai Trin then? But she didn’t seem like much of a fast-talker either and pirates aren’t exactly what you would initially describe as city-folk.

There’s something here I’m missing. Like why Scarlet is chugging the haterade for Divinity’s Reach, and just how she planned to profit from having only one Lion’s Arch captain’s chair…

ADDED: Crossing out Scarlet, who’s from the city, a fast-talker, (presumably) female, and with the resources to take advantage of the Molten Alliance tech?

… I think I have an answer and I’m not liking where its going.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

(edited by Uruz Six.6594)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Havoc.4680

Havoc.4680

Keil

Told you guys you should have voted for Evon, you brought this on yourselves.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Keil

I agree! I think this whole thing was orchestrated by Kiel. Can’t say what her motives are, but she’s not to be trusted. No one is really. Guilds from the Guild Wars didn’t just disappear, I believe they went into hiding and work from the shadows much like The Order of Whispers. Perhaps she’s in cahoots (or leads), one of these underground sects.

As far as scarlet goes, Sylvari race is young in these parts…odd that they have spread so far and have become Pirates, Nightmare Legions and Zephyrites.
Maybe Scarlet is from another tree much like another many of us has met in the Sylvaries storyline. What ever her beef is, I still think it’s weird for a sylvari to break away and then want to harm people without what seems to be any real cause so far.

At least the Nightmare Followers are that way because of something really effecting the Dream.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Keil

Or it could be even Evon Gnashblade. I mean think about it he a Ash Legion Charr sent by his legion to establish a foothold within Lion’s Arch. He didn’t seem to be interested in acquiring a seat on the council until cutthroat politics. He was highly aggressive in the campaign spending a large amount of gold in an attempt to secure votes, which he confirms if you talk to him now in lion’s arch, so maybe he paid the Aetherblades to assassinate the council to open available seats. In his short story he has been shown able to speak quickly when required. Perhaps the Black Lion Trading Company has failed in its original goals and now he seeks to create threats that will allow it to rise as an “heroic” company beloved by all without resorting to Gnashfang’s original tactics.

Or the tale could take an more familiar twist. Perhaps Scarlet is a resident of the area that was the Great Collapse. Perhaps she feels that the Queen caused the accident or was led to believe it by the Ministry. Perhaps she then reformed the Crimson Skulls but found them ill suited for the task at hand. She went to the Inquest who saw an opportunity. If they aided her she would aid them by being a unwitting test subject. The Aetherblades were formed and perhaps assimilated the White Mantle Cult into its fold, after offering Mursaat technology to the Inquest. The Charr members could be actually from the Flame Legion as the Flame Legion was convinced to ally with the Dredge. Perhaps it the same thought process the Flame Legion plays along with the plan until the queen is dead then they try to assume dominance.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Ahhhhhh! This makes sense now, kinda skipped that dungeon xD

That has always been an issue in MMOs when they gate storylines in dungeons and other content that combines a level of challenge. I have nothing against challenging content in games but the rewards should be gear and titles, not the right to understand the story.

IMO Story is something that all players, casual and hardcore, should be able to share. From what I have heard in recent interviews from ArenaNet, I am hopeful that they are taking more consideration in how they present their story and making sure that important story elements are not being missed by players.

The Opening Ceremony was well-done in this regard, it is something everyone can experience and presented the story in a fashion that could only be done in video game with our characters taking part in the scene. I hope ArenaNet keeps it up!

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: KeybladeMaster.3148

KeybladeMaster.3148

wow it makes so much more sense now. she isn’t a rando, she was mentioned in the unwinnable dungeon.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

wow it makes so much more sense now. she isn’t a rando, she was mentioned in the_ hard dungeon I couldn’t beat_.

FTFY
Albeit hard, he dungeon was doable (soloable, even). So Scarlet is a valid plot character, foreshadowed and all.
Wouldn’t have hurt to have a mention of her when talking to the jailed Mai Trin, though.

(edited by Elidath.5679)