Invasion and overflow

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

there was an invasion at fireheart rise so I go there to see this update and I was sent to overflow. nothing is there but a bunch of people waiting, pop up says to go back to my world.
A few minutes pass and I get the transfer prompt because the event was over.
Thanks a lot, greatest update you ever did guys
/sarcasm

(edited by Zevilo.9304)

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Exactly! What is the point anymore? This is bad, I don’t think I ever able to do any events until the least population hours. I’m on High pop servers this is hard to get into non-overflow.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

With culling gone it seems like the next step would be removing overflows.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vodac.9742

Vodac.9742

I just did the full event and I loved it, what are you talking about?

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Zevilo.9304

couldn’t do event cause I was sent to overflow. I kinda explained it, guess you can’t read.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Why can’t there be invasions on 2-3 maps? That would probably solve this issue, an issue which pretty much is similar to the Karka fiasco. In theory, its actually possible for someone never to see the invasion content if they are unlucky right now

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

If you make it to the overflow within 10 minutes of the invasion beginning, you should be able to participate in the event. It triggers on any overflow existing for that map, but it seems like if you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you’ll be moved to a new overflow that doesn’t have it.

They have a 10 minute window because the event takes 45 minutes and happens about every hour, so they don’t want any overlap.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/speech/Anet-You-have-outdone-yourselves/first#post2663615

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Well I was in an event overflow. Changed my graphics settings and my game crashed. Log back in and I was in a new overflow that didn’t have the event. SO MUCH FUN.

Everyone do themselves a favor and don’t change graphic settings in the middle of a big zerg or you’re gonna have a bad time.

Anyways, for those wondering. 21 zones are eligible for invasion. All possible zones will be invaded every day. That means more or less they start every hour. The first one started at 10 am and the second one started at 11 am.

So get to the event within 10 minutes of it starting if you want to participate.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Zevilo.9304

I’m in overflow again. :/
we have to be on our home server to see where scarlet attacks but we cant see that in overflow. I don’t know when the event started, so I don’t know if I made it in 10 min. but this is not fun.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vodac.9742

Vodac.9742

Yah you guys need to make this known in an ingame mail or something….im currently sitting in a locked out overflow and people are kitten ed not understanding why this is happening. Like, really kitten ed…

People think that your servers are broken or something and not thakittens because they are late….tried explaining it but people don’t seem to listen very well :-/

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Zevilo.9304

now I have to wait just so I make it with in the 10 min mark. this is really bad event.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

How sad. I have hit the overflows late and nothing. It is truely frustrating. I actually believed Anet couldn’t find another way to slow progress and achievements. How wrong I was. Hopefully this will improve as more people complete some of the events and they will open up for others without having to wait.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Hurracaine Ike.4975

Hurracaine Ike.4975

So, what I want to know is, if when a new area is being invaded, do you have to be near/on the invaded map? or does the living story ui update and tell you where the next invasion is no matter where you are in tyria?

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This is incredibly frustrating. I only get to play for a few hours in the evenings (and won’t be about to get online at all this weekend) and so far I’ve spent all of it wasting money waypointing into an overflow to sit and wait for the queue to go down until I’m told the event is over, then waiting for the next one to start so the exact same thing happens again.

The really annoying part is I didn’t even want to be doing these events tonight. I wanted to focus on beating Liadri and star the new patch later on when the hype had died down a bit.

But because Anet had to lock farmers out of the gauntlet to get anyone out doing the new content I can’t even do that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jadebat.8315

Jadebat.8315

In one event, this game is now ruined for me. I am a PVE player and I love the events and living world (up until now). I have spent an entire day trying out this content and have failed to complete it once due to not being able to get into the event. Due to the fact that I cannot reenter the invasion events if i get disconnected, this content is essentially blocked to me. Game over. Very disappointed. I will watch to see if this gets fixed, but have my doubts since I am but a lonely individual. I am so mad right now.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

I’ve been online for 4 invasions and only got to see one, which was a massive zergfest. Although I was there for the whole thing, participated in at least 10-15 portal events, since everything died so quickly I only landed enough hits to score credit for 2 of those portals. The next invasion was in a level 80 zone, my highest is a level 60, so I didn’t even attempt to run there. The next two I got stuck in an overflow and never made it in because I didn’t have any waypoints in the zones and had to run there. The grace period still doesn’t feel like 10 minutes, I didn’t have to run that far.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Antonin.3926

Antonin.3926

Really irritated. Spent more time trying to get into the event than actually running the event.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Overflows are killing this event for me. I feel like logging out and not even playing. :/

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Entire event has been a failure to me. Been trying to get into zones each time and they fill up near instantly and nothing going on in Overflow.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: vox.5019

vox.5019

And of course your home server isn’t going to empty enough to let you out of overflow until after the event is over. Really well thought out…

This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and
who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for
another 5 or 10 years? -Mike O’Brien

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Valmarius.4150

Valmarius.4150

Guys…what? The invasions start hourly. Every hour, on the hour. Your screen will tell you. At that point, you have a TEN MINUTE WINDOW to get on to an overflow, where the same event will then start.

I really don’t know how Anet could make it any easier for you.

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I read the content is great. I would love to participate.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Guys…what? The invasions start hourly. Every hour, on the hour. Your screen will tell you. At that point, you have a TEN MINUTE WINDOW to get on to an overflow, where the same event will then start.

I really don’t know how Anet could make it any easier for you.

They could put a timer on the World Event notice so people could accurately gauge whether they’re within the overflow window or too late.

At the very least they could have clearly stated that these events start on the hour (if that’s really true) as thus far I haven’t seen that information anywhere but in this thread…

Invasion and overflow

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I was confused at first and thought I had to find five people who witnessed the portals. Then I found http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Clockwork_Chaos which explained a lot.

Event starts on the hour, you need to watch for the announcement. Any overflow created in the first 10 minutes also has the invasion. Wiki says, "Only one zone will be attacked at any time. The current invasion location will be shown on the Living World UI. Any overflows created within the 10 minutes after the invasion begins will also host an invasion. All overflows created after 10 minutes will be normal zones. If you come later you have to wait which is why folk get into those and wonder why they are shut out or if you crash you probably get shunted there.

It wasn’t exactly intuitive but I do understand what they are doing. Also the mad rush as this starts will lend to folk not being able to get in and get it initially. Overall I think it was a wise choice for ANet to do. Once I understood it I was pretty good with it.

Dulfy.net has http://dulfy.net/2013/08/20/gw2-clockwork-chaos-invasions-and-achievements-guide/" has the usual excellent guide to the achievements as well which also explains what you need to know.