Is this real? White mantle in the LS

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I don’t know if im allowed to post here. But if you go on reddit. The top thread is by an account name called suspicious figure. And all they posted was the white mantle logo. Lol rather were getting trolled or anet is takin the LS really seriously.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Sounds like a troll

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I’m going to go with troll post for now.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

They posted the white mantle logo from the War in Kryta content in GW1: http://www.guildwars.com/warinkryta/wm/
(left wallpaper)

I don’t see any reason to believe this is ArenaNet.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Well Anet do frequently post on reddit, and Colin has posted details there in the past month or so.

I wouldn’t put it past them.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

True, but usually under a verified account name (ArenaNet logo on it).

in Clockwork Chaos

Vol.5241

Well then that would take the fun out of it. People are obviously psyched about the update but imagine if the White Mantle came back? All the GW1 vets would buckle at the knees.

But the lack of confirmation and official post from a dev makes it fun to speculate.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

If Arenanet did this, that’s exactly the reaction they wanted “It’s happening!” “No it isn’t, this can’t be true, idiots!”.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Clockwork Chaos

Vol.5241

So the post just got stickied, which leads me to believe it’s 99% true.

The fact that one of the mods cannot confirm or deny just shows this.

If it wasn’t true, why did they stick it?

What I think happened was Anet’s marketing team PM’d the mods at the subreddit to sticky it as part of the hype train. And of course, they request that they do not confirm or deny. If they were to confirm it, it would be spoiling the whole ordeal.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Clockwork Chaos

Gnat.9405

This might actually be legit. Mursaat. Mursaat. Mursaat. Mur freakin Saat. I wonder if our permanent content they keep telling us about is Ring of Fire opening.

Ooooh man this is getting good.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

This might actually be legit. Mursaat. Mursaat. Mursaat. Mur freakin Saat. I wonder if our permanent content they keep telling us about is Ring of Fire opening.

Ooooh man this is getting good.

Didn’t they say prior to Guild Wars 2 going live that the Mursaat were going to play a big part in the game?

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Where there’s Mursaat, there’s Agony.

We have agony resist. Hmm…

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Clockwork Chaos

Gnat.9405

They did, and I’m not even so sure that if they introduce the mantle they will be fighting against us. What if they are trying to counter the Aetherblades?

The Mursaat are also known as:
“Bringers of Wisdom”
“Eyes That Watch All”
“Silent Saviors of Kryta”
“The Divine Caretakers”

From GW1 Mursaat wiki entry

in Clockwork Chaos

Gnat.9405

And again, that Ring of Fire Islands has been sitting there unexplored since launch. They mentioned permanent changes to the world but we don’t get any more info than that. New zone would fit.

This is exciting. I’m just going to continue wildly speculating outrages things.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

They did, and I’m not even so sure that if they introduce the mantle they will be fighting against us. What if they are trying to counter the Aetherblades?

“Bringers of Wisdom”
“Eyes That Watch All”
“The Divine Caretakers”

Why would the Mursaat counter the Aetherblades? They are jerks who murdered people and stole their souls to keep themselves in power. If anything they would probably be working with the Aetherblades to get rid of The Shining Blade, who defeated them last time.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Clockwork Chaos

Vol.5241

And again, that Ring of Fire Islands has been sitting there unexplored since launch. They mentioned permanent changes to the world but we don’t get any more info than that. New zone would fit.

This is exciting. I’m just going to continue wildly speculating outrages things.

But Colin said no new dragons/zones this year.

I didn’t play much of GW1, but aren’t the White Mantle stuck in the Maguuma jungles? Perhaps we’ll see changes there.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Clockwork Chaos

Gnat.9405

Maybe they want to be the sole destroyers of Kryta?

in Clockwork Chaos

Gnat.9405

Is anyone following the Reddit btw?

in Clockwork Chaos

Vol.5241

Either way, I just booked a vacation day.

YOU BETTER NOT DISAPPOINT ME ANET

I SWEAR ON DWAYNA’S BREASTS

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

“Bringers of Wisdom”
“Eyes That Watch All”
“The Divine Caretakers”

Why would the Mursaat counter the Aetherblades? They are jerks who murdered people and stole their souls to keep themselves in power. If anything they would probably be working with the Aetherblades to get rid of The Shining Blade, who defeated them last time.

Would be epic if it turns out the Mursaat were keeping the dragons pacified and our guys in gw1 just went and severely damaged the balance the mursaat created which leads up to GW2. =) The road to hell is paved with good intentions type of approach. It needed to happen but we made things worse by mistake.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

in Clockwork Chaos

Vol.5241

QUOTE FROM MOD

“[–]TravUKReddit EU Leader 5 points6 points7 points 47 minutes ago

Oh I know why it’s stickied and by whom. I’m just not commenting."

If it was fake, it wouldn’t be stickied. And it’s not worth risking the subreddit’s reputation

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

What I think happened was Anet’s marketing team PM’d the mods at the subreddit to sticky it as part of the hype train. And of course, they request that they do not confirm or deny. If they were to confirm it, it would be spoiling the whole ordeal.

or you know, one of the admins is playing a prank. it’s not like the gw2 reddit is official in any way.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Clockwork Chaos

Tears.5627

Either way, I just booked a vacation day.

YOU BETTER NOT DISAPPOINT ME ANET

I SWEAR ON DWAYNA’S BREASTS

I don’t want to think of Dwayna’s breasts… she is pretty old and I am pretty sure she could use whirlwind to take us all down a peg.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

White Mantle…maybe. They have been pretty much reduced to little more than bandits though, so its hard to see a large scale attack of any sort.

And a little while ago Anthony Robert H. had already discounted the Mursaat as a possibility. Paraphrased, he said knowing the entrance the Mursaat should have make it a bit too intensive design, art and budget wise for an incremental living story release.

They will be around eventually. But probably has part of one of the larger yearly releases.

BTW, when they eventually do show up…I think they are hiding in the Wizard’s Tower.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

in Clockwork Chaos

Tears.5627

White Mantle…maybe. They have been pretty much reduced to little more than bandits though, so its hard to see a large scale attack of any sort.

And a little while ago Anthony had already discounted the Mursaat as a possibility. Paraphrased, he said knowing the entrance the Mursaat should have make it a bit too intensive design, art and budget wise for an incremental living story release.

They will be around eventually. But probably has part of one of the larger yearly releases.

BTW, when they eventually do show up…I think they are hiding in the Wizard’s Tower.

White Mantle are like kittenroaches. Think of how long it has been since GW1. It is very possible they have a pretty large cult.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

“Bringers of Wisdom”
“Eyes That Watch All”
“The Divine Caretakers”

Names given to them by the White Mantle for their ‘aid’ during the Charr invasion of Kryta. Although it is possible that the current Mursaat are of a different group who are trying to help the races of Tyria from otherworldly threats. Anything possible with speculation.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Vol.5241

or you know, one of the admins is playing a prank. it’s not like the gw2 reddit is official in any way.

of course it’s not official, but it’s a community. I think it’s highly unlikely the mods would do such a thing.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LotharFreund.7456

LotharFreund.7456

If the gem store starts selling Shining Blade outfits from GW1 then you will know it is real.

in Clockwork Chaos

BrunoBRS.5178

of course it’s not official, but it’s a community. I think it’s highly unlikely the mods would do such a thing.

keep setting yourself up for disappointment, see if i care.

but when your only “proof” that the next update will be a white mantle thing is a new account with one post getting stickied… well, i don’t think i need to spell it out.

also according to one of the posts in that thread, the mod’s response was “it’s obviously fake, but i wanted to play along”.

in Clockwork Chaos

Vol.5241

WHAT A SHAME >:(

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Clockwork Chaos

Gnat.9405

also according to one of the posts in that thread, the mod’s response was “it’s obviously fake, but i wanted to play along”.

Can you link that post?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

Yeah, here’s the link to the relevant comment. I think the moderators are playing with fire a little there.

in Clockwork Chaos

Gnat.9405

Wow that’s rough. Now the White Mantle hype will wash away any excitement that the actual story brings. Too bad. I’m glad I don’t follow reddit regularly. Only when stuff like this comes up. Oh well, back to more Ellen/Jennah/Livia conspiracies.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

There’s an active Livia conspiracy? I have one of those! Livia used the Scepter of Orr to grant herself and Evennia immortality and they are now lovers, living in seclusion in a secret tropical paradise that was once Quarrel Falls.

Ask me about my Vampire Gwen conspiracy theory and content suggestion sometime.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Robert Hrouda said the following in a recent post (anyone have the link?)

I originally had the Mursaat/White Mantle as one of the factions. They’re certainly a stronger pick than something like bandits or pirates, but there’s a lot of factors that go into these sorts of things. Creating a new army never before seen is pretty complex and takes a lot of time and iteration. Not only is there a large design cost for it, but art has to create a brand new environment, new armor, new character models, new weapons, and those are not simple tasks either. I played a ton of GW1, so I know their significance. I also knew how much time I had to do this, what my asset request bank was, and knew that I couldn’t do the Mursaat justice… especially with such a small area. If I’m gonna do Mursaat and White Mantle, I (as a hardcore GW1 player) would want it to be epic and grand. We haven’t ..forgotten.. about them, I just have higher expectations for them than what I was capable of putting out in this release. …and yes I’m proud of that reference.

Interesting — the emphasis on the word FORGOTTEN. HMMmmmm

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Clockwork Chaos

BrunoBRS.5178

Yeah, here’s the link to the relevant comment. I think the moderators are playing with fire a little there.

it’s just a joke, geez. don’t make it sound like they’re trying to “destroy the credibility” of the subreddit.

in Clockwork Chaos

BrunoBRS.5178

Robert Hrouda said the following in a recent post (anyone have the link?)

I originally had the Mursaat/White Mantle as one of the factions. They’re certainly a stronger pick than something like bandits or pirates, but there’s a lot of factors that go into these sorts of things. Creating a new army never before seen is pretty complex and takes a lot of time and iteration. Not only is there a large design cost for it, but art has to create a brand new environment, new armor, new character models, new weapons, and those are not simple tasks either. I played a ton of GW1, so I know their significance. I also knew how much time I had to do this, what my asset request bank was, and knew that I couldn’t do the Mursaat justice… especially with such a small area. If I’m gonna do Mursaat and White Mantle, I (as a hardcore GW1 player) would want it to be epic and grand. We haven’t ..forgotten.. about them, I just have higher expectations for them than what I was capable of putting out in this release. …and yes I’m proud of that reference.

Interesting — the emphasis on the word FORGOTTEN. HMMmmmm

it’s called a pun. he states it so the very sentence after that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Chopps.5047

Well, I don’t know, his statement is ambiguous at the end so maybe he was justbeing imprecise with language. Nevertheless, forgotten fits for the following reasons:

• associated with realm of torment — torment, a word recently introduced to the game
  • associated with ascension — anet has announced ascended armor, right? Or no? I don’t keep up with dev posts as much as I should
  • they look like krait — new character model development not needed; which was cited as a constraint in using white mantle

Anyways, “it’s called having fun”. No need to get all condescending. Or, be condescending for all I care. I wish I was as smart as you! :p ITS CALLED A PUN rolls eyes

in Clockwork Chaos

Bonefield.9813

it’s just a joke, geez. don’t make it sound like they’re trying to “destroy the credibility” of the subreddit.

I never said anything of the kind. The strongest comment I made about it was to say that it was kind of a jerk thing to do, since we’ll probably be getting more info about the actual content later and there’s a good chance that the disappointment over this not being real will overshadow it.

I say they’re playing with fire because most of the posters who don’t believe it over there don’t seem to think it was a very funny joke. Moderators on unofficial sites have a hard enough time maintaining any sort of order, and they’re probably going to regret having done this when they have to remind people of the rules at any point and get nothing but threads full of “Remember the time you thought it was funny to sticky a fake post and get everyone riled up?” :P I think it was ill-advised.

in Clockwork Chaos

Chopps.5047

Sticky is intriguing — if it’s the mods trolling the community, I’m afraid they do lose credibility.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

If it’s worth anything, doing a reverse image search on the white mantle logo doesn’t give any good match. The logo does exist, but not in a resolution this high.
So it’s a troll, then it’s a good question how he could get this logo, at this resolution

Some thought provoking quote

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

True, but usually under a verified account name (ArenaNet logo on it).

Not always some have accounts and just do not want Official account. And I don’t think they would bother for that flair for a single post.

I could see this happening not this patch but the first part of next year yes.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

If they leave it up much longer they’ll get flamed by the community. However, there’s still a slight possibility that this is an official hint.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

They can’t add the White Mantel, because the White Mantel are already in game, they just changed form. Of course they don’t wear the elegant robes or possess the powerful weapons and armor that they were equip with in GW, but they no longer have a royal treasury and a nation of crafters to splurge off of, and without such an economic foot hold, it would be impossible to maintain their past grandeur.

in Clockwork Chaos

Bonefield.9813

If it’s worth anything, doing a reverse image search on the white mantle logo doesn’t give any good match. The logo does exist, but not in a resolution this high.
So it’s a troll, then it’s a good question how he could get this logo, at this resolution

It’s a wallpaper from the official page for the Guild Wars 1 War in Kryta content.

in Clockwork Chaos

Chopps.5047

If the mods on that subreddit are trolling, I certainly won’t patronize their page anymore. They’re setting people up for disappointment.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

It’s a wallpaper from the official page for the Guild Wars 1 War in Kryta content.

Ah, I guess it only proves that the reverse image search of Google and tinyeye are not perfect then =(

Some thought provoking quote

in Clockwork Chaos

Bonefield.9813

If the mods on that subreddit are trolling, I certainly won’t patronize their page anymore. They’re setting people up for disappointment.

Eh, I don’t think it’s worth that. There’s a pretty good community there and a lot of interesting content, and it’s not as though the mods are hurting at all if people stay away.

in Clockwork Chaos

Chopps.5047

Ya but it’s not April Fools. If I can’t trust stickied posts, I can’t trust it at all. But hey, if you enjoy being trolled with false information from what bill’s itself as a source of information, I say: Have Fun! Credibility and the fact that devs post there are two things that rate highly on my criteria for what a good source for information is. They’ve failed one of the most important criterion, if indeed this is a troll. They might as well push their community away even more! Why stop there?

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

How is that any worse than what the asura are doing?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.