Map Invasion achievements worst decision.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

I’ve played all the content and up to now, the map invasion achievements are by far the worst decisions made to be implemented for the achievement category.

I’m still stuck on 12/13 and waiting for a specific map.

Up till now all other achievements were doable in your OWN time. You weren’t pushed into playing at a specific time (exclude the hourly achievements like watch fireworks, they repeated every hour or so). But in these new achievements you’ve made it so people have to be playing at a specific time to gain their achievements.

In the future, please do not implement more of these kind of achievements. I prefer to be able to play in my own time and still be able to gain the achievements.

/inb4 future themed content dungeon only open from 6pm-7pm only

Also I somewhat feel that this decision was made to further push players into the “play 24/7” area. Because it looks better for statistics to show that people are always playing then having on and off peaks.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

All achievements are not aimed at all players. Why? Not all players like doing the same things. This includes playing more — or less. You can still get the meta achievement without doing the 13/13 invasion maps one.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Liadri was worse.

Are you Shpongled?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Liadri was worse.

Not in my opinion. At least Liadri could be worked on any time a player was online. In this event, when you’re down to the last couple of maps for the achievement, you’re at the mercy of the random chance of those maps running an invasion while you’re able to be online, assuming you actually know which maps you’re missing.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’ve played all the content and up to now, the map invasion achievements are by far the worst decisions made to be implemented for the achievement category.

Up till now all other achievements were doable in your OWN time. You weren’t pushed into playing at a specific time (exclude the hourly achievements like watch fireworks, they repeated every hour or so). But in these new achievements you’ve made it so people have to be playing at a specific time to gain their achievements.

In the future, please do not implement more of these kind of achievements. I prefer to be able to play in my own time and still be able to gain the achievements.

Also I somewhat feel that this decision was made to further push players into the “play 24/7” area. Because it looks better for statistics to show that people are always playing then having on and off peaks.

The Meta is available without getting 13/13 invasion maps.

If you want 100% achievement completion then you need to commit the time necessary.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

RNG is a kittened concept and Anet uses it far too much. At least keep RNG out of achievements, imo.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

No way to keep track of WHICH maps done was the WORST decision ever made for any event.

I agree, this was a mess.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

All achievements are not aimed at all players. Why? Not all players like doing the same things. This includes playing more — or less. You can still get the meta achievement without doing the 13/13 invasion maps one.

No you can’t get the achievement without doing all 13 maps – I was stuck for over a week at 7/13

Getting the last one was the ONLY way to get to the “Playhouse”.

Stop lying and go read the event notes.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

No you can’t get the achievement without doing all 13 maps – I was stuck for over a week at 7/13

You can get the meta by simply doing dailies related to the meta. That by itself would be 14 (for for every day the event is released) of the 17 achievements needed to complete the meta.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I got the meta several days before getting the 13 map one (actually wasn’t even tracking it until I got the “achievement unlocked” message). It works just like on queen’s jubilee, there’s a daily achievement every day related to invasions (some I’ve seen: close X portals, kill X aetherblade/molten/twisted, kill scarlet, finish one invasion, stuff like that), that one counts as one achievement for the meta.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

I think you’re confused on various points regarding my post.

Firstly, I don’t believe I mentioned anything about the meta achievement at all. So I don’t understand why you are bring this up. I am talking about a specific kind of achievement not talking about how I can’t complete the meta achievement (which I already have).

Secondly, the “all achievements aren’t aimed for everyone” is just a silly argument. Anet created hardcore and casual achievements, the hardcore ones were skill based like Liadri. This RNG achievement does not fit into that category. And this “Not all players like doing the same things” is for the same activity in the achievement; to simply participate in the map but because of how the achievement is based, it’s RNG, you have to wait for a specific map rotation to take place to progress in the achievement, we had 2 things to do in this themed content, Invasions and the story instance with scarlet, not really much of a choice.

The Meta is available without getting 13/13 invasion maps.

If you want 100% achievement completion then you need to commit the time necessary.

Don’t recall mentioning anything about the meta.

Just because I want to complete the achievement means I should be online 24/7? That’s just stupid. Past achievement activities weren’t time restricted in this RNG nonsense.

I hope you enjoy your future content update where a dungeon is only open for 10 minutes at a specific time of the day. Then you can “commit the time necessary” to take part.

(edited by Groonz.7825)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Um…

I think you need to read the event notes yourself.

You only need all of Vorrp’s achievements to get to Scarlet’s Playhouse and you can indeed skip the 13/13 invasion canceller if you complete a random daily that counts as a Clockwork Chaos achieve.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I don’t know if I’d call it “worst decision” however it has been a bit frustrating to try to change my 12/13 into 13/13. I know which map I need, but it never seems to come up when I’m available to play. I’m sure it comes up often enough when I’m offline, but it’s an achievement I’d like to finish before this portion of the Living Story is complete.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

All achievements are not aimed at all players. Why? Not all players like doing the same things. This includes playing more -- or less. You can still get the meta achievement without doing the 13/13 invasion maps one.

No you can’t get the achievement without doing all 13 maps - I was stuck for over a week at 7/13

Getting the last one was the ONLY way to get to the "Playhouse".

Um...

I think you need to read the event notes yourself.

You only need all of Vorrp’s achievements to get to Scarlet’s Playhouse and you can indeed skip the 13/13 invasion canceller if you complete a random daily that counts as a Clockwork Chaos achieve.

Better yet: you can just stand next to Vorrp, wait until someone else opens the portal and get in the Playhouse. You don’t even have to do any other achievement. Huzzah!

You need Vorrp’s achievements if you want to open the portal yourself, but again, you don’t need to be the one to open the portal to hop into it.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Syl.5842

Syl.5842

I’m not exactly sure which map I need to complete (I think it’s Maelstrom) since I’m on a failed event streak since a few days.
There’s only 4 days left, I don’t think ANet will fix this sadly…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’ve completed all the maps repeatedly. I’ve done everything they said that you need to do to ensure it completes. Still I’m 12/13. I’ve put in the time. It’s bugged. One of the maps just won’t give me credit. I’ve done them all. More than once, more than twice, more than three times …it doesn’t work for everyone.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

10/10 for the achievement would have been ideal, you could bypass the poor coding and failed programming much easier.

At 13/13 you were thrust right back into it.

A tracker would have made sense too.

If LS every 2 weeks means more AP’s like this, I think I’ll pass.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It seems that every update we get punished for their mistakes. Normally this wouldn’t be a big deal but now we are talking about limited content.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I have to agree. I’m sure I’ve done invasions on all the maps, but only have 10/13…. and no clue which ones haven’t registered because I was just having fun at the beginning and not being anal about achievements.

I guess I messed up by just having fun and enjoying myself.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Syl.5842

Syl.5842

well… I completed the achievement, woot!

I didn’t win the event, we didn’t even spawn Scarlet (got 4 chests at the end), I guess you just need to be there at the end.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Can some one list the 13 zones? I am at 11/13 and I even stayed in one day to watch them for 20h and nothing. Still didn’t get the last 2

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Frostgorge Sound
Timberline Falls
Dredgehaunt Cliffs
Lornar’s Pass
Fireheart Rise
Iron Marches
Blazeridge Steppes
Fields of Ruin
Gendarren Fields