More Clarification regarding achievements

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sumpskildpadde.4367

Sumpskildpadde.4367

Alright, som I’m getting a little tired of not knowing what counts towards achievements and what the don’t. Or if they are just bugged. What I can’t figure out is if there’s just a of A LOT of bugs, or if we as players are doing something wrong.

For instance:
Emissary Vorpp’s Field Assistant, Portal Invasion Closer – Respond to five of Scarlet’s portal invasions and be there when each one ends… Now this is quite an important one as it eventually leads you to experience Scarlet’s Funhouse. Now, while I haven’t done a ton of invasions, about 10 I would think, of which only two has been unsuccessful, the achievement clearly says that you only have to do five invasions. But mine is stuck at 4/5.

I doesn’t say whether it has to be 5 DIFFERENT maps. Now I happen to know that I’ve only done it at 4 different maps (because the rng seems to favor Blazeridge Steppes and Frostgorge Sound on my server apparently). But people in the chat keeps saying "nonsense, it’s not bugged. Just do five invasions blah blah… You just haven’t done five invasions blah blah…

kittenmit those persistent kittenholes. I’m pretty sure I can count to 5. This happens everytime an event ends. People in the chat talk about how their different achievements are bugged. while other players shoot them down with arguments like: “it’s not bugged cause I just did, therefore it can’t be bugged blah blah”…

So either we are all doing something wrong. If not… PLEASE FIX ALL THE BUGS, ARENANET! Your achievement bugs are blocking the content that you’ve created for us. A week has almost passed now and I would love to see Scarlet’s funhouse before the event ends.

Arellious Mecatus, Asura thief.
Cheese Daddy’s Secret Posse [BRIE]
Ring of Fire.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

I agree, I assumed it meant just 5 invasions since it never mentioned different maps. Same problem with completing Scarlet’s Playhouse without dying, you can’t get downed either, but -that’s- never mentioned anywhere.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

I’d like to know the exact specifications for triggering the “Invasion Canceler” achievement..

After doing the event 3 times in Timberline falls, I finally got to 12/13

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

You just have to be in the zone when it ends, win or lose. That’s it. The problem is it’s buggy, and ANet refuses to comment on it. Sometimes you get credit, sometimes you don’t, no rhyme or reason.

Vorpp’s achieve is probably 5 different invasions, I can’t say for sure since I don’t think I had a repeat while I was working on it. It has the same bug though, it took me 6 invasions in different zones to get 5/5.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I only participated in invasions when it was a map I hadn’t been to yet, and I didn’t have any trouble getting the counter to update (either for Vorpp, Worldwide Responder or Invasion Canceler). I suspect that all three achievements need to take place in unique maps. Repeating an invasion in the same map doesn’t count.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: kNite.6504

kNite.6504

this event is buggy as hell. and kitten anet just keeps silent

swift closer is buggy
vorrps achievement is buggy
invasion canceler is buggy

this is the result of focusing on quantity over quality so they can advertise “we put out content updates every other week”. What they dont say is that most of that content is buggy, grindy kitten.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Milo Rock.2457

Milo Rock.2457

I completely agree with your post, description of achievements is awful and confusing, however, regarding Vorpp’s achievements, I also didnt knew why after finishing some invasions it wouldnt count towards the achievement, till I started doing them only with the toon I did the Quenn’s speech instance (therefore having the “telephone” thingy you get from Vorpp at the end). Despite this, achievement description should state this is the case. I hope this helps =)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astro Zombie.6451

Astro Zombie.6451

I entered for the first time Scarlet’s fun house yesterday ‘cause I was stuck at 4/5.
I didn’t have much luck with the invasion maps, it seemed I always been in the same 4 after like 10 or more invasions. Yesterday magically an invasion started in Bloodtide Coast so I was able to arrive at 5/5 and my Worldwide Invasion Responder’s count confirm it: I’m at 5/7 so I assume you have to do Portal Invasion Closer in 5 different maps.