Portal Invasion Closer

Portal Invasion Closer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

I have been at 2/5 for about 7 invasions now. Still not letting me progress no matter what I do. Anyone else having this problem?

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Portal Invasion Closer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: direpath.4712

direpath.4712

I had this issue too. I got to 4/5 and had done about 9 invasions to no avail. I also did Frostgorge and did not get the Friend of Fire and Frost increment.

I submitted a bug and a support ticket and they said they may need to implement a fix but wont give me my achieves. Finally I did a zone I had not done (Bloodtide) and got my 5/5.

Still not sure what the deals is and I have no idea at this point, which zones I have done that counted and which I still need to do.

Kali Verholme -Ezra Sarona – Sigaard Wolfson – Jumi Sprigleaf
Legacy of Elijah (LoE) – Sanctum of Rall

Portal Invasion Closer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chidori.9483

Chidori.9483

Hi guys,

After some careful investigation of these achievements, we believe there are a few technical restrictions and communication issues that are causing the problems here.

First, Molten and Pirate events do not grant achievement credit. This means that if you hop into an invasion right as scarlet spawns, or if you spend an entire invasion on pirate and/or molten events, you will not get achievement credit for that map.

Second, disconnecting during an invasion seems to have some odd effects on participation credit, especially if you end up switching maps in the process (i.e. moving to a different overflow). You should still get credit if you participate in at least one watchwork event after reconnecting, but if you disconnect, you should assume your participation credit up to that point has been lost. This is far from ideal, but it would be a code-level fix, and we wouldn’t be able to get it in before the end of the event.

Lastly, because the previous two issues are not super obvious, people may be losing track of which maps they have already gotten credit for. The meta rewards are always given as long as you’re on the map when it ends. Many players expect this to mean that they also received achievement credit (which ideally should be a reasonable assumption). However, as this is not always the case, they may mark off a map as complete, even though they did not receive achievement credit.

So in order to receive achievement credit, you need to participate and complete at least one watchwork portal event, and still be on the map when the meta ends. It doesn’t matter how far the meta gets progressed, and you don’t need to participate in any Molten/Pirate events.

Hopefully this clarifies some things for you, and many apologies for any frustration this has caused. In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.

LOYALTY | HONOR | DEDICATION | RESPECT | FAMILY | LIQUOR
_____________________ VANQUISH _____________________

Portal Invasion Closer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Hi guys,

After some careful investigation of these achievements, we believe there are a few technical restrictions and communication issues that are causing the problems here.

First, Molten and Pirate events do not grant achievement credit. This means that if you hop into an invasion right as scarlet spawns, or if you spend an entire invasion on pirate and/or molten events, you will not get achievement credit for that map.

Second, disconnecting during an invasion seems to have some odd effects on participation credit, especially if you end up switching maps in the process (i.e. moving to a different overflow). You should still get credit if you participate in at least one watchwork event after reconnecting, but if you disconnect, you should assume your participation credit up to that point has been lost. This is far from ideal, but it would be a code-level fix, and we wouldn’t be able to get it in before the end of the event.

Lastly, because the previous two issues are not super obvious, people may be losing track of which maps they have already gotten credit for. The meta rewards are always given as long as you’re on the map when it ends. Many players expect this to mean that they also received achievement credit (which ideally should be a reasonable assumption). However, as this is not always the case, they may mark off a map as complete, even though they did not receive achievement credit.

So in order to receive achievement credit, you need to participate and complete at least one watchwork portal event, and still be on the map when the meta ends. It doesn’t matter how far the meta gets progressed, and you don’t need to participate in any Molten/Pirate events.

Hopefully this clarifies some things for you, and many apologies for any frustration this has caused. In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.

Sadly I dced on 2 of the 7 but still no credit for the other 5 and I do them from start to finish. They must be missing something. =(

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Portal Invasion Closer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: dimzen.2936

dimzen.2936

My “Portal Invasion Closer” is stuck on 4/5, I think I’v done 6-7 now, not 100% sure.
I know I’v done 5, because my “Invasion Canceler” is on 5/13

Portal Invasion Closer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: dimzen.2936

dimzen.2936

I did another invasion with another character, on a new map, this time it worked, and I got the 5 of 5 in “Portal Invasion Closer”
The other two “Invasion Canceler” & “Worldwide Invasion Responder” are on 6, so why “Portal Invasion Closer” didn’t count before now, must have been a bug.

Portal Invasion Closer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Keilun.2475

Keilun.2475

My gf and I are both stuck at 2/5. We’ve participated from start to end in 5 invasions now, each time ensuring that we’ve done at least one (really we did many more than one) of watchwork events and stayed on the map until completion as the Anet post said. Each of the invasions were on different maps. To be specific:

Gendarran Fields
Blazeridge Steppes
Bloodtide Coast
Iron Marches
Frostgorge Sound

I’m fairly certain the two we did get credit for were credited prior to Wednesday’s birthday gift patch. Since then though we have not received credit. It certainly feels like more than confusion about how this progresses…

We’ll try on our other characters, but the buggy difficulty in just unlocking Scarlet’s playhouse is making this pretty unfun. 5 hrs worth of repetitive invasion events gets pretty tiresome.

(edited by Keilun.2475)

Portal Invasion Closer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Keilun.2475

Keilun.2475

One thing this might be related to is the fact that none of the invasions we joined actually successfully completed. So perhaps prior to the patch on Wednesday, failures were credited and now they aren’t?

Portal Invasion Closer

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Hi guys,

Sadly I dced on 2 of the 7 but still no credit for the other 5 and I do them from start to finish. They must be missing something. =(

I wish I saw this earlier. DCed twice, got back in, but did not know about this. Stuck at 12/13 now.. kitten ..

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!