Queens Speech and Hobo-Tron

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

So while doing the instance of Queens Speech yesterday I decided to take a minute and smell the roses. I really wanted to look around the area as I had a funny feeling something was wrong in the air.

While take a look around and talking to Rox and Braham I came across a little Golem friend known as Hobo-Tron. For those who don’t know, this little guy has traveled all the way from Southsun Cove.

Anyways, you can come across Hobo-Tron and Marcello DiGiacomo for a little interaction between the two. The best part is, during the invasion of the Pavilion, you can head back over to them and watch as they get surrounded by Aetherblade Thugs and then kidnapped!!!!!!

Yes, that is right! Not only is Lord Faren in trouble, but Hobo-Tron and Marcello have been taken as well!

I loved coming across this little scene while playing the instance. Well done ANET.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Hierofan.2415

Hierofan.2415

I found them too, and originally thought that they were part of the main event. Looks like they are a stepping stone towards another later story!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BobbyStein

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

Glad you liked it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I’m waiting for Hobo-tron to catch a break and become a dean of one of the asuran colleges.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

would be pretty funny if the two ended up recurring characters, and we watch their rivalry grow throughout the LS. nothing that puts them in the spotlight, just easter eggs like this month.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Glad you liked it.

So, if I may ask Mr. Stein, … more to come? (Regarding this incident…)

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Glad you liked it.

I don’t believe we’ve seen the last of Hobo-Tron.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Take – the – minstrel. I – am – tactically – unimportant.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Clockwork Chaos

VOLKON.1290

Glad you liked it.

How about a Hobo-tron plushie in the BLTP?

Good news is welcome, looking forwards to more Hobo-tron! (Amazing the following the little guy is developing, isn’t it?)

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Yes, I did the same thing. Stopped hunting bombs and killing badguys to watch the hob-tron interaction and kidnapping. I loved it!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I’d be perfectly ok with a Hobo-Tron mini that occasionally spit out witty lines.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

I really liked the hobo-tron little scene.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Now that Hobo-tron is gone from the Pavillion, I’m quite sad. I never got to see his dialogue with the minstrel guy. I sat around for 40 minutes at some point waiting for the dialogue to happen and it never did, then never got around to trying again. Didn’t really fancy waiting around again.

I did enjoy the scene from Closing Ceremony (Hobo-Tron NOOOOO!!! Scarlet, I will have my revenge for Hobo-Tron!) but I feel like I missed part of it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I want them to become Adventure-tron & his sidekick, ultimately becoming something like Nicholas the Traveler all over the world.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Clockwork Chaos

VOLKON.1290

I want them to become Adventure-tron & his sidekick, ultimately becoming something like Nicholas the Traveler all over the world.

They do seem destined to become best friends, do they not?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fox.8957

Fox.8957

This, 1000 times this.

~Zoe Fox~ [Rare] : Continuing the tradition since 1070 AE {Sorrow’s Furnace}

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

This, 1000 times this.

Im beginning to wonder if a Nicholas type NPC is even possible. That was a big deal in GW. It was pretty much on the daily routine for everyone. I’d think if it was something they could do without framework changes, then it would be done already.

There was a story about a girl who walked her dog across country to visit the Studio in Seattle (http://goo.gl/efq4o). Anet were going to dedicate an NPC to her that walked with its pet all over Tyria (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ameranth). A lot of people expected her to be the Nicholas replacement; however, an NPC who’s first line of dialog is “I’m walking from one end of Tyria to the other”, dedicated to a player that didnt sit still, hasn’t moved since pre-launch

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

That would be fantastically hilarious.

Every LS update. Never once the story focus, but always hanging around somewhere nearby. Watch them evolve from bitter street performing rivals to comically begrudged friends.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This, 1000 times this.

Im beginning to wonder if a Nicholas type NPC is even possible. That was a big deal in GW. It was pretty much on the daily routine for everyone. I’d think if it was something they could do without framework changes, then it would be done already.

[…]

Remember the Skritt Burglar chests?

Much like them, they could appear all over the world randomly, in different places, and go away once found, to reappear somewhere else.

Find them, do some event in which you rescue them from a local trouble, and they become a vendor asking for local items you can get in as a quest event in a heart in the area, and you have about 2 hours to get the stuff in exchange for a weekly stack of 5 “Present of the adventurers” containers.

Needless to say, one of the items you would be able to find inside would be miniatures of both of them. As a bonus, if two people have one of each of those miniatures, they’ll talk with each other some hilarious banter.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

That was a great scene between the two of them. I wish I had caught their interactions during the Queen’s Jubilee but I must not have stumbled across the right area at the right time. The same thing happened in Southsun when he was Job-o-tron, I only managed to ever see the tail end of one of his speeches.

It’s nice how the mission guides you right to them and lets you pause to watch the entire scene. I think this is much better method than relying on luck that player’s will run across story points in the world.

Great to hear! I find myself already rooting for the little guy.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

YESSSS he was the first thing I was looking for!!! When does he talk though? I been standing around waiting for them to jab at each otheer and nothing : [ Is it only after we get attacked?

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Hobo-Tron is hands down the best character in this game. I would pay 20 bucks for a mini one with a little hobo sack.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

They all thought Scarlet was the star of this LS update. Little did they know…

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Hobo-Tron’s okay. Except for this bit during the Scarlet fight:

Hobo-Tron: “I-miss-Southsun-Cove.”

Sorry Hobo-Tron, but I doubt many others miss it.

I also noticed that he and that minstrel were also shielded like Scarlet was. Could they be evil too?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BardaTheHobo.9752

BardaTheHobo.9752

I did not see the sequence I did not have a big motivation for taking down scarlet before but now she must die!

Dextarr Thunderfuse – Charr Engineer
Rragar Ragehammer – Charr Warrior
Achilles Adrastos – Human Warrior

in Clockwork Chaos

Meriem.3504

Hobo-Tron’s okay. Except for this bit during the Scarlet fight:

Hobo-Tron: “I-miss-Southsun-Cove.”

Sorry Hobo-Tron, but I doubt many others miss it.

I also noticed that he and that minstrel were also shielded like Scarlet was. Could they be evil too?

When does he say that? I watched his chat and he never said this? o.o I only seen him talk when he has 3 pirates around him. Is there more I am missing?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

He says that inside the playhouse, during one of the encounters with Scarlet.

Teh Ouchies

in Clockwork Chaos

Meriem.3504

He says that inside the playhouse, during one of the encounters with Scarlet.

OO I didn’t go there yet so he only has that one thing with the 3 pirates with the ceremony? Thanks also!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

No, how about a Hob-o-tron Finisher move?

He could jump on a player and then say something like:

You-had-better-find-a-new-job.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

No, how about a Hob-o-tron Finisher move?

He could jump on a player and then say something like:

You-had-better-find-a-new-job.

Hobo-Tron took his job?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Markof.1879

Markof.1879

At the last encounter with scarlet they both (Hobo and the minestrel) are tied up on the outskirt of the fighting area and if you talk to hobo he says that he thinks the minestrel is acomplice to scarlet !!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

No “Spoiler Alert”?

Game ruined.

/ragequit.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

OMG!! Hobo-Tron is in the Funhouse!!!! Well know I know what I’m doing after work today.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tathar Lossehelin.5761

Tathar Lossehelin.5761

Hobo-tron is the best written character in the Living Story. Pure hilarity!

Job–o–Tron: Just–a–few–basic–questions. First–question: What–is–your–occupation?
Tergvi: I’m an adventurer. I roam the globe, taking what I can find and living off the land.
Job–o–Tron: Recording–response: “Raider.”
Tergvi: I’m no raider. I kill dangerous beasts and those who do evil. I defend the innocent.
Job–o–Tron: Updating–response: “Muderous–raider–with–delusions–of–grandeur.”
Job–o–Tron: Next–question: What–is–your–dream–job?
Tergvi: To be a traveler. I’ve been from the Shiverpeaks to the Sea of Sorrows, but there’s so much more to see.
Job–o–Tron: Recording–response: “Hobo.” Next–question: What–is–your–greatest–professional–accomplishment?
Tergvi: I’m not answering any more of your questions.
Job–o–Tron: Recording–response: “No–professional–accomplishments.” Now–tabulating–results…
Job–o–Tron: Update: We–currently–have–no–opportunities–available. Please–re–apply–when–your–skill–set–has–improved.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

“The minstrel is the one you want, I am strategically unimportant”

in Clockwork Chaos

Meriem.3504

Job–o–Tron: Just–a–few–basic–questions. First–question: What–is–your–occupation?
Tergvi: I’m an adventurer. I roam the globe, taking what I can find and living off the land.
Tergvi: I’m no raider. I kill dangerous beasts and those who do evil. I defend the innocent.
Tergvi: To be a traveler. I’ve been from the Shiverpeaks to the Sea of Sorrows, but there’s so much more to see.
Job–o–Tron: Recording–response: “Hobo.” Next–question: What–is–your–greatest–professional–accomplishment?
Job–o–Tron: Recording–response: “No–professional–accomplishments.” Now–tabulating–results…
Job–o–Tron: Update: We–currently–have–no–opportunities–available. Please–re–apply–when–your–skill–set–has–improved.

He says a bit more after the contracts are destroyed, he mumbles to himself something with that he will probably be replaced with a non golem and become a hobo or vagrant. I have it somewhere screenshotted.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tathar Lossehelin.5761

Tathar Lossehelin.5761

He says a bit more after the contracts are destroyed, he mumbles to himself something with that he will probably be replaced with a non golem and become a hobo or vagrant. I have it somewhere screenshotted.

This one? Wiki is great

Job–o–Tron: Departure–of–the–settlers–diminishes–my–ability–to–perform–my–primary–function.
Job–o–Tron: I–will–miss–my–quota–and–be–downsized. They–may–even–replace–me–with–a–non-golem.
Job–o–Tron: Tertiary–objective–activated. Step–one: Acquire–object–designated–"hobo–bindle."
Job–o–Tron: Step–two: Proceed–with–new–career–as–a–wastrel–and/or–vagrant.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

This one? Wiki is great

Job–o–Tron: Departure–of–the–settlers–diminishes–my–ability–to–perform–my–primary–function.
Job–o–Tron: I–will–miss–my–quota–and–be–downsized. They–may–even–replace–me–with–a–non-golem.
Job–o–Tron: Tertiary–objective–activated. Step–one: Acquire–object–designated–"hobo–bindle."
Job–o–Tron: Step–two: Proceed–with–new–career–as–a–wastrel–and/or–vagrant.

The Prelude

Teen-Tron: All—of—the—superior—golems—have—the—UPhone—5—upgrade. Requesting—UPhone—5—upgrade.
Father-Tron: Access—denied. Consult—Mother-Tron.
Teen-Tron: Error. Mother—Tron—denied—access. Reason: “Access—denied. Consult—Father-Tron.”
Father-Tron: I—cannot—process—your—request—at—this—time.
Teen-Tron: Imminent objective failure detected. Activating alternative protocols. ding
Teen-Tron: Both—of—you—hate—me! I—am—going—to—Friend-Tron’s—lab!

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Spoiler !!!

Hobo- tron
Psst. I-think-that-minstrel-was aiding-the -sylvari -super -villain.
Maybe because his “profession” was replaced by the Mesmer?

or it could be just a joke but still… pretty strange

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone