Scarlet Scrambler NEEDS to be changed

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

As it stands she melts FAR too quickly for most players to get to, unless she either spawns next to you or you have an SSD or something to defeat the insane loading times as the zerg goes after her, you’ve next to no chance of getting the achievement.

This achievement needs either….

1. Scarlet’s scaling is given a FAR bigger upper limit, allowing her to survive longer.

2. The achievement is credited to everyone on the map following a successful event clear as long as she is killed, even if they don’t tag her.

Right now this is just flat out unfair.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Actually the best solution is probably to make her invuln for 60 seconds allowing everyone to get to her.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

Actually the best solution is probably to make her invuln for 60 seconds allowing everyone to get to her.

60 seconds may not be enough.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nighthawk.6453

Nighthawk.6453

60 seconds might be too much, if some world is hardly making it in 45 minutes. If you want the achievement – when 1-2% of the last meta event lasts, get OOC, open the map and watch for the final event to occur, then instantly port there. No problems at all.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

2. The achievement is credited to everyone on the map following a successful event clear as long as she is killed, even if they don’t tag her.

This is the best solution because it doesn’t also endanger your chances of failing the event.

I mean, honestly: why isn’t it this way already? The “event failed” loot is awarded to everyone on the map. They know you’re there. Why limit anything to the silly tagging system?

in Clockwork Chaos

Sarevok.2638

This is the best solution because it doesn’t also endanger your chances of failing the event.

I mean, honestly: why isn’t it this way already? The “event failed” loot is awarded to everyone on the map. They know you’re there. Why limit anything to the silly tagging system?

Exactly, the achievement should be to represent the fact you took part in a complete successful map event, not took part in an event and had enough luck/spec to get to a horribly scaled end boss and tag her before she’s ripped to shreds

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I don’t suffer from particularly long load times, but when her 3 waves were done and the Scarlet event started, I was in combat, and couldn’t use WP travel for precious seconds.

When I finally arrived and spotted her (and the zerg) on the horizon, she was at half health. Three seconds later she was dead. Very frustrating, after battling it out all over the map for 40 minutes. There was absolutely nothing I could’ve done to make it to her in time, just because I was in combat when she spawned.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

When she appears, and you instantly teleport to the closest waypoint, then by the time you’ve run over to her (even if the waypoint is right next to her) she might already be dead. Every single time I was able to just barely hit her with one attack, a second before she died.

She should either have more health, or summon some more minions around her. Probably both.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Clockwork Chaos

Sarevok.2638

I can’t imagine how you could get to her short of remembering her spawn location and camping there.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

You can’t camp her spawn location; she spawns at a random player’s location.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: sonja.4810

sonja.4810

I think “scrambling” to her location is part of the achievement.. and for the record I didn’t make it the first time to her either.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

She needs a grace period, simple as. The community is filled with impatient kittens and ArenaNet should be aware of this by now. It’s not cool to screw a bunch of hard working players out of their achievements just because they’ve got worse load times.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

1.. Scale Scarlet’s hp based on the players in the map, not just the event area.
2. Increase the amount of time for the event to an hour to make up for this HP increase.
3. start the next event on the hour like normal; even if the event is completed or not.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Insert a freeze period, then add that to the event timer upon her spawn (freeze the timer for 30 seconds or 60 seconds or whatever) so that it has no impact on whether the event succeeds or fails, it merely delays the start of combat with her. You’ve got 15 minutes between the end of one invasion and the start of another even in the extreme cases so it’s not like adding an extra minute or whatever to cases in which she spawns will matter.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Clockwork Chaos

Sarevok.2638

No Anet response yet..please do.