Scarlet, by far the best thing to come to GW2

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

So what if shes a sue to some peoples acclamation shes still an entertaining antagonist more so, I always criticized previous content for having an underdeveloped character, this one was certainly not underdeveloped.

Fantastic work, I really love her, a Sylvari, true to her nature, but a total and utter psychopath, we need more, more more more!

I want to know her past, her origin, why did she become so mad? I want to find out more about this character, I want to know depths, I LOVED the ending of the confrontation with her in the pavilion!

Well, done, A-net, this, is exactly what I had hoped for with a personal nemesis.

I honestly think I’m going to shed a tear.

Please, more of this, more char development with this antagonist, id love to see her more often, she, is what we need to see more of.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

I hate that character so much it makes Trahearne look good

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Def Pinoy.7029

Def Pinoy.7029

She’s ugly but I like that rifle!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

I hate that character so much it makes Trahearne look good

This is Anet’s secret plan with Scarlet. They wanted to make a mary sue so terrible that it would make the playerbase take a look at Trahearne and say “You know, Trahearne isn’t THAT bad.” so they’re less likely to be angry to see Trahearne in their future personal story, regardless of his role.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I think scarlet is completely sane. She seems to have a very good grasp on the world.

She’s more like a crime lord who wants to show her dominance. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

She’s more like a crime lord who wants to show her dominance. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

That’s a nice sentiment, until you’re the one that is set on fire.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

This guy must work for Anet because she’s one of the most annoying characters yet and this event is horrible so far.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

This guy must work for Anet because she’s one of the most annoying characters yet and this event is horrible so far.

But for some reason, an incredible amount of people are playing the events. I would say the character is a success.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Who is ‘Scarlet’?

EDIT: And why should I care?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

But for some reason, an incredible amount of people are playing the events. I would say the character is a success.

An incredible amount of people completed the personal story. Therefore Trahearne must be a success.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I would say the achievement system is a success. It has little to do with some random, generic, evil?, DC comics, Joker-clone villain.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

I really enjoy her as well. Her dialogue is a lot of fun, and really entertaining to play against imo.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

Scarlet actually is Tiny Tina now playing Guild Wars 2

Best story part so far ! Kuh-Rox !

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I like the character but her debut wasn’t exactly handled well (oddly, this is the same problem Trahearne had…he is much better when you get the sylvari personal story with the rest of it). She just sort of pops out of no where and we’re told she is this super smart person that has never ever been mentioned in the game before today. Then there is the problem with her character seemingly contradicting the master mind that has been behind the living story to date. We didn’t have any indication that the person apparently leading all these different groups is so manic. So she comes across a bit like a joker-clone because don’t know anything about her other than her being a big bad and manic. I do hope they back fill some of the story in the coming updates and I hope they do it in such a way that isn’t so “here is a character, ta da”.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

I don’t like psychotic characters. Like gods, I find them to be an all too easy way to assure popularity. Something about a character being “like sooooo crazy, guys” somehow makes them shoot up in popularity.

Buuuut… I do, in general, like Scarlet.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

I always love the psychopath characters, but i hate her, because she appears and people fight her without waiting til the very end when she’s actually killable.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

I like the character but her debut wasn’t exactly handled well (oddly, this is the same problem Trahearne had…he is much better when you get the sylvari personal story with the rest of it). She just sort of pops out of no where and we’re told she is this super smart person that has never ever been mentioned in the game before today. Then there is the problem with her character seemingly contradicting the master mind that has been behind the living story to date. We didn’t have any indication that the person apparently leading all these different groups is so manic. So she comes across a bit like a joker-clone because don’t know anything about her other than her being a big bad and manic. I do hope they back fill some of the story in the coming updates and I hope they do it in such a way that isn’t so “here is a character, ta da”.

She has actually been mentioned subtly throughout the living story since Flame and Frost.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I don’t think crazy = popular. There have been quite a few crazy (and not horribly popular) villains in the game so far (e.g. the dredge are pretty nuts). I think it is more the manic dialog (which happens to be well written and voice acted).

She has actually been mentioned subtly throughout the living story since Flame and Frost.

Indeed. The problem is we were given no indication she was going to be manic. The impression I was getting was that she was more…subtle. I mean, she was doing things behind the scenes for over half a year and suddenly she puts on a huge show for us? What?

(edited by Nageth.5648)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Mad King for Prez! Scarlet is only good for fire wood! See how that rhythms!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

Liadri > Scarlett

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

So far she’s a joker clone with a sylvari touch (the bit where she sarcastically shows sylvari remorse for her actions was humorous at least).

I echo the annoyance that she’s some kind of prodigy yet she’s never mentioned up until the Living Story began. It’s a thing that is done too much in GW2, establish a world and a bunch of characters but introduce someone new when you tell a story. If they wanted to tell a story with someone who is supposed to be established in the history of the world, don’t retcon her in. I call BS on the asuran college prodigy nonsense.

It’s also dumb that Jennah was a clone. Lots of people called it, but like that image posted earlier said, some kind of prodigy genius is fooled by the most predictable plot twist in the book? Jennah and her body guard are both mesmers, we could see this one coming a mile away yet Scarlet didn’t.

The sacrifice to make her seemingly memorable was the civilians and the Seraph guarding them. This is an incredibly weak sacrifice. Nameless NPCs? I might be blood thirsty, but if you want to introduce a meaningful villain that poses a real threat, you need to sacrifice something of equal value. Rox, Braham, Logan, Anise, Jennah, Faren. One of them would have made this memorable (and I say that as someone who likes some of those characters and dislikes some of them). Maybe I’ve been watching too much Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead, but villains just aren’t threatening when they don’t take something the audience values. Scarlet’s debut from a story perspective was over-hyped and underwhelming.

I do believe there is a method to her madness. She has a plan and she’s been up to something all along so far, what it is we don’t know yet. There is more to this story and I’m OK with that for now – I say this while recognising there is more potential to her character yet revealed. Having said that, I really hope she’s not the nemesis that was talked about long ago. The idea that this is the best we can hope for is so disappointing. I hope any backstory or further developments change my mind on this.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

I don’t think crazy = popular. There have been quite a few crazy (and not horribly popular) villains in the game so far (e.g. the dredge are pretty nuts). I think it is more the manic dialog (which happens to be well written and voice acted).

Indeed. The problem is we were given no indication she was going to be manic. The impression I was getting was that she was more…subtle. I mean, she was doing things behind the scenes for over half a year and suddenly she puts on a huge show for us? What?

I meant in general in pop culture.