Scarlet events ppl failing it to farm champs

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

This is another Ember Champion (Anchorage) situation. This has to stop. I had to litteraly run like hell/waypoint like hell to get all events done in time. I even skipped a lot of loot. Meanwhile some hardcore farmers stayed on the same events and semi-afk (they even bragged about it), farmed the champs.

In my opinion, those people do not deserve the succes chest. If it wasn’t for me, kinda sacraficing a lot of loot in the process, (and a few other commanders, but most other commanders were troll farmers, like 6 of them), we would not have made it in time.

Again, the wrong people (the lazy, fail happy, greedy, unfriendly, the list goes on…), get the most rewards. Wrong Anet. You are rewarding the wrong people in my opinion. Provoking a fail to an event, should have consequenses, and now it doesn’t. Can you please do a similar fix, like you did on the Ember champ farming. Thanks.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Yeah, there’s all kinds of nastiness going on in the map chat again. Some people want to form a big zerg, even abusing their commander tags and order people to join up so that they can scale more champions and fail the event on purpose. I think commander tags hurt here more than they help since people do tend to follow the tags instead of splitting up to 5-10 man teams and clearing the events faster.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

You do realize that it’s perfectly viable to zerg up to get a ton of champs AND complete the event? In fact it’s arguably more interesting that way, rather than sending small groups all over to wipe groups of mobs that don’t even scale up to veteran, then completing the event super-fast.

Not to mention that it’s really nothing like Embers, because failing the event doesn’t somehow get you more stuff. There’s a lot of incentive to actually finish it.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

You do realize that it’s perfectly viable to zerg up to get a ton of champs AND complete the event? In fact it’s arguably more interesting that way, rather than sending small groups all over to wipe groups of mobs that don’t even scale up to veteran, then completing the event super-fast.

Not to mention that it’s really nothing like Embers, because failing the event doesn’t somehow get you more stuff. There’s a lot of incentive to actually finish it.

It should be more rewarding to split up and progress more though.

If every event in the future is just going to be zerg spamming 1 on loot pinatas the events are going to get stale very fast and kills any chance of having interesting events that take teamwork and strategy.

IMO each group of mobs should be guaranteed a champion so even small parties can get their share, and depending on their killing speed might even be able to keep up with zergs.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

Why not just make it so that the champion mobs don’t drop champ loot bags?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yeah I have no problems with zerging a bunch of champs up and completing the event too, that seems to work just fine and is a load of fun to boot.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

You do realize that it’s perfectly viable to zerg up to get a ton of champs AND complete the event?

It’s possible, yes. But it’s also clear that there are people who aren’t even slightly concerned about finishing it and simply encourage people to zerg in one big mob, farm a few events and get champ bags. They don’t care if the event fails.

Don’t get me wrong, the event can still succeed despite them, but it’s just behaviour that rubs me the wrong way,

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Got on an double overflow last night with very few folks (the main and overflow were full) so we had no chance of finishing the event so we just stacked on the events and champ farmed. Everytime we killed the champs it took out a big chunk of the invasion progress bar so you actually are helping the invasion by killing champions. There really is more incentive to completing the event as the rewards are pretty good. Anyone deliberately failing is just dumb. An hour of champ farming in Frostgorge sound got me around 5ish gold with selling everything. A successful invasion got me about 7 gold with selling everything.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

This is another Ember Champion (Anchorage) situation. This has to stop. I had to litteraly run like hell/waypoint like hell to get all events done in time. I even skipped a lot of loot. Meanwhile some hardcore farmers stayed on the same events and semi-afk (they even bragged about it), farmed the champs.

In my opinion, those people do not deserve the succes chest. If it wasn’t for me, kinda sacraficing a lot of loot in the process, (and a few other commanders, but most other commanders were troll farmers, like 6 of them), we would not have made it in time.

Again, the wrong people (the lazy, fail happy, greedy, unfriendly, the list goes on…), get the most rewards. Wrong Anet. You are rewarding the wrong people in my opinion. Provoking a fail to an event, should have consequenses, and now it doesn’t. Can you please do a similar fix, like you did on the Ember champ farming. Thanks.

I find that in this post that there is a lot of whining. Not even good arguments, just horrible whiny responses. The way the thread is labeled makes it sound like it is ember farm v2. In the scarlet invasions you don’t purposely fail it so it can respawn with more champs. The event itself is pretty static.There are 5 waves, you need to kill the specific foes that are listed on the UI.

It’s also simply not designed to be rewarding for completely it as it is. For every wave you complete 1st wave, 2nd wave, final wave, molten wave, aether wave. You only get 1 of each chest or so. So even if you only completed 3 waves in the end you only get 3 of each chest. That’s not really anything. 40+ mins for that?

Also you should realise that there are some other achievements related to trying to kill champs of certain monsters. That only spawn when you have a lot of people in that event. So some people may be trying to work towards those.

Not to mention this is only day 2 so it’s likely not a lot of people fully understand what to do. They see event, believe it must be completed.

There is also another thing to keep in mind, some people don’t even care about the ongoing themed content and just do their own thing. You can’t tell those people how to play either.

Then we go back to the days of simply ignoring champs as they are simply not fun to take on and referred to as a time sink.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

These people are more than likely unaware of how the events work and scale.

In those 45 minutes of actively doing the events + the end reward for succeeding I get about 40 champ bags. I doubt staying around to kill champs and failing the event nets them anymore than that. Plus you get the 2 extra rares and the achievement for winning.

If they are just killing champs then they are the ones missing out.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CaitlinJF.1720

CaitlinJF.1720

Please just let people play the way they want. This goes for both sides. If you don’t want to zerg, don’t zerg. If you do want to, do so. It’s nobody’s business one way or another, and nobody should be giving anyone any trouble, on either side of the line.

It’s tiring listening to this back-and-forth between zergers and non-zergers. Play the game. Have fun. Stop bothering one another, stop whining and complaining about people who have different play-styles than you yourself. We are all trying to enjoy ourselves – just because the methods vary, doesn’t make them any less valid.

If someone is being verbally abusive or exploiting game mechanics, report it. Simple. Done. Move on.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I personally just run around and solo/duo portals, but there’s nothing wrong with them going super zerg as long as they’re running around and hitting portals, as others have said the champions take out a much larger chunk of the invasion bar which actually makes it EASIER to close portals once you hit the critical mass of zerglings.

Not to mention i’ve never seen people purposely fail the event so they could farm champions, everytime there’s a champ farming zerg we always clear it with ~3min or so to spare, it’s normally when we have every idiot and their grandma trying to solo the aetherblades/ Molten Alliance instead of listening to the plan that we fail… (Zerging them is fine, but you can’t take those out easily with a small team)

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

As a side note.. you do realize you can only get the completion reward once a day, right?

With that said and I was doing the map invasion for the second time that day, I would rather farm champs for loot than work towards the completion and get nothing. Just putting that opinion out there.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Clockwork Chaos

Bovinity.8610

As a side note.. you do realize you can only get the completion reward once a day, right?

I got it twice out of two invasions last night (And I didn’t even get home from work until after the daily reset, so it wasn’t due to that) so I’m not sure that’s true.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Also you should realise that there are some other achievements related to trying to kill champs of certain monsters. That only spawn when you have a lot of people in that event. So some people may be trying to work towards those.

That’s not true. The champion mobs are spawning at events that only two people are completing. You don’t need a zerg to spawn the first champion. Someone else mentioned veterans spawning only when an event scales up. In my experience, most of the mobs (if not all of them) are veterans by default. These are group events, not normal events. Their default difficulty is intended to challenge a group of players.

There is also another thing to keep in mind, some people don’t even care about the ongoing themed content and just do their own thing. You can’t tell those people how to play either.

The way I see it, the invasions have clear success and failure conditions. The developers didn’t design the events to be played in a way where players are discouraged from succeeding because a strategy which fails is easier and more profitable. The events weren’t designed to be farmed for champion mobs, that’s a new cancer that is eating away at the game and it’s made its way into this new event type. The devs obviously want players to work towards invasion completion, elements of design which work against that should be looked at. It’s OK for players to fail, it’s not OK for players to stop caring about success because the primary rewards are given to zergs farming champions.

Then we go back to the days of simply ignoring champs as they are simply not fun to take on and referred to as a time sink.

I wouldn’t mind seeing either the champion loot bags being limited to one per event, or just remove the additional champions from spawning (a specific change to the invasion events, not from all events). This would discourage the entire map from stacking in the one area and farming it to spawn as many champions as possible.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I got it twice out of two invasions last night (And I didn’t even get home from work until after the daily reset, so it wasn’t due to that) so I’m not sure that’s true.

Sorry. My phrasing wasn’t complete. You get the reward, once per day, per map, per account.

So if you complete the event on Blazeridge Steppes, when that map cycles up again (Before daily reset) you won’t get a completion reward.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Clockwork Chaos

Bovinity.8610

Sorry. My phrasing wasn’t complete. You get the reward, once per day, per map, per account.

So if you complete the event on Blazeridge Steppes, when that map cycles up again (Before daily reset) you won’t get a completion reward.

Oh! Now that makes perfect sense, I did not know that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Funny when the only event which you can farm is aetherblade one. You can’t farm minion (if it is intended to spawn champ, then there will be a champ, but if not silver mob what you get (which is worst than champ)). While molten it is easy to identify which one is the champ.

If people are in 1 big blob farm twisted minion (hoping a champ (and they said farm champ)): they play it the wrong way. TM: kill it as fast as you can so you can push aether and molten event faster. 1 big blob on TM event: only lead more TM, more vet, more silver.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I can understand your point of view, but this:
“. If it wasn’t for me, kinda sacraficing a lot of loot in the process, (and a few other commanders, but most other commanders were troll farmers, like 6 of them), we would not have made it in time.”
doesn’t lend you any credit. You never have to lose loot. Spam F while fighting and you can get every bit of loot without being slowed down.

As for farming.. I had thought of it but hadn’t felt the need to yet. I will sometimes remain after an event to clean up a champ or 2 unless we’re low on time. But if given a choice, I would trade 1 Stashes + 3 boxes for 4+ boxes that the farmers are getting. Especially once I got an acheive for each zone.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Call whining what you want man. It’s just frustrating that me having the intention of playing the event as it’s meant to be, is countered by farmers like you Groonz. I can live with the fact their are farmers. But it’s anoying when they block the way for people who want the game to be played as it’s meant to be.

I just found out that even failing counts (somehow?) as a succes so it isn’t that bad. It’s still an issue though.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Traur.7680

Traur.7680

Please just let people play the way they want. This goes for both sides. If you don’t want to zerg, don’t zerg. If you do want to, do so. It’s nobody’s business one way or another, and nobody should be giving anyone any trouble, on either side of the line.

I want to play in such a way that the event is successful. From my experience, large zerg champion farming has failed every time I have done the event with that type of setup. If the way in which others are playing impact what I want to do in game (100% successful events), then it is a problem.

I will say it’s not a problem with them playing the way they want to, but more with the way the content was designed. I certainly like the idea of these large scale invasions where a large number of players need to work together somewhat to be successful, but if this champ farming thing is indeed the cause or part of it, to these events failing, then it is having an effect on my experience, small as it may be.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

We failed once due to groups being too small. Took too long to kill champions like the captain, and the number of events that completed were lower than they needed to be.

THough I agree big zergs will also fail.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Well now that you cant farm dead eye people are turning to the next most profitable farm which has always been champions. Its too bad that is happening but it was to be expected

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Today players go for the champs only. Once dead they map to the next one.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Isn’t it one map per day per map zone? I have no idea how the maps repeat or are chosen for invasion.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Isn’t it one map per day per map zone? I have no idea how the maps repeat or are chosen for invasion.

I’m confused as well (but my only experience with this event so far was the horribly FUBAR run last night that got terminated mid-invasion by the forced server restart, which caused me to abandon the effort rather than wait an hour for the timer to reset).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I have yet to see this behaviour. It may be going on somewhere but so far we’ve completed every event I have been on and I did six last night. Failing it seems pretty stupid because with completion I had over 30 different loot bags from all the events.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

You are not going to change the nature of people. People are greedy and selfish and only look out for their own interests.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

champions take longer to kill with too many people.. they scale as more people are around, and not everyone is doing the best damage, and condition caps

in Clockwork Chaos

Bovinity.8610

I have yet to see this behaviour. It may be going on somewhere but so far we’ve completed every event I have been on and I did six last night. Failing it seems pretty stupid because with completion I had over 30 different loot bags from all the events.

You haven’t seen it because it doesn’t actually happen the way people here are trying to make it seem. They just think it needs to be done one way and one way only (Their way) and if you don’t, then you’re bad and “making us fail” and whatnot.

Every invasion I’ve done so far has had a handful of these people, declaring, “omg we fail wtf nub commanders zerg lol fails” barely even a minute into the event. Yet, I haven’t seen an invasion fail yet, go figure.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s tiring listening to this back-and-forth between zergers and non-zergers. Play the game. Have fun. Stop bothering one another, stop whining and complaining about people who have different play-styles than you yourself. We are all trying to enjoy ourselves – just because the methods vary, doesn’t make them any less valid.

If someone is being verbally abusive or exploiting game mechanics, report it. Simple. Done. Move on.

^This times 1,000.

That being said if you have people zerging and people off doing small stuff in small groups (both types of players) it will succeed. I do still see people telling others what to do though and I just tell them to play how they want and leave others alone. Everyone doing what they want, being rewarded for it. It’s great!

I’ve had maps where we had 10m left in the final wave 50% done and people were griping about people farming the champs. What… the… kitten. It was in the bag. What everyone was doing the entire time obviously was working. IMO in many cases it’s just that people don’t like others to farm. Why? Idk.

If you’re not a farmer, just leave them alone. They are helping the overall progress and wouldn’t be there if it didn’t have the farming associated with this.

If you’re a farmer, don’t try and force other people who aren’t trying to farm into your group to increase the champ count more. It’s not what they came there for. They are helping you get more loot by moving the bar along as well. Although tbh I’ve never seen a commander demand people to join him.

Above all keep it chill. Don’t get all heated over a game and start spewing out hate because you didn’t get your way.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

With that said and I was doing the map invasion for the second time that day, I would rather farm champs for loot than work towards the completion and get nothing. Just putting that opinion out there.

You can get up to 13 a day technically. It’s once a day per map. So the first time you do Frostgorge, you get the award, the second time you don’t. However, if you wing on over to Bloodtide Coast, you can get the award for that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Call me dumb but I honestly dont see how you can farm the invasion event by “failing” and just killing champs. Since killing champs and assorted mobs is the entire point, farming make you go through the waves faster and finish it in time. Killing champs slower to keep the event open longer would be silly, since you’d kill less champions. Of course zergs will stack around commanders to cause champions spawn, around 3-4 per event. Yes you get a ton of bags. I got some 35 champ bags + scarlet loot the very first invasion I did yesterday. We were intent on finishing it and did so with 1 minute to spare.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Stop complaining about people not playing the game like YOU want them to play it. Another one of these threads really? You want to farm? Farm. You want to do the events and try to progress to Scarlet? Go right ahead. Either side has to freaking stop telling people what to do or not to do. I for one am farming the heck out of those champs, I don’t feel like wasting an hour of game time to get the end reward – it’s so much more profitable (and fun for me) to farm the champs! Yet I don’t run around telling everyone how they have to farm champs with me. Just get over yourself and let people play however they want to.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Call me dumb but I honestly dont see how you can farm the invasion event by “failing” and just killing champs. Since killing champs and assorted mobs is the entire point, farming make you go through the waves faster and finish it in time. Killing champs slower to keep the event open longer would be silly, since you’d kill less champions. Of course zergs will stack around commanders to cause champions spawn, around 3-4 per event. Yes you get a ton of bags. I got some 35 champ bags + scarlet loot the very first invasion I did yesterday. We were intent on finishing it and did so with 1 minute to spare.

It’s a classic example of people theorizing that a problem could exist and then posting as though the problem actually does exist.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

The problem I see is zergs ignoring the minions and just farming Aetherblade pirates for the number of champions that spawn with the Aetherblades.

What is 2 rares compared to the deluxe boxes you get just focusing on Aetherblade champions?

Most people’s attitudes are just simply farm as many Aetherblade champs as they can. You want the minions, help yourself. You can only get 2 rares from Scarlet once per day.

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I don’t really mind, but it would be nice if they would just tell “hey, I’m here with my commander tag to farm Aetherblades, I’m not bothering with the event at all” before the 10 minutes limit, so I could just hop to another overflow.

Or maybe just don’t go being rude with the other players. I mean, I said “If you want the event to succeed, do the events marked with red crossed swords” on /map and one person just replied “SHUT UP NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR *****ING”. Really? That’s why I hate overflows. There are people that just started with the events and have no idea of what is going on. If nobody tells them what to do, they will fail the event and won’t even know why. If the players that are doing the event are not yelling at you or calling you names, refrain from doing that, too.
I can’t remember how many people I reported since this all started.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

It doesn’t matter. You still get the map reward, and the achievements, and good amounts of money.

Are you Shpongled?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

You need to stop blaming/raging at players who are playing what anet gave them. It is not natural to kill only certain types of mobs on a map and leave when others are still there. People have to learn what to kill and what to leave. To top it off, sometimes the next place you need to go requires you to waypoint. With mobs still there you are in combat and have to go to lengths to get out of combat and then waypoint. By that time the group may have killed their special target and moved on.

All in all, don’t rage at players about event design that encourages behavior you don’t like. Instead make suggestions to anet about a way to redesign it to not be annoying to you.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

There is basically no reward for winning. You get far more reward for killing more champions and having fun.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

There’s only one way to “farm champs” in these events, and that is to ignore the aether captain and kill the champ reinforcements. It is not any more time efficient than normally clearing the event and moving onto the next, and the captain gives better loot than the normal champs. I’ve never seen anyone attempt this, and I don’t think it’s even possible because you can’t control that many people and a few of them are going to kill the captain regardless of what other people tell them to do.

In every other invasion event killing the champions either progresses it rapidly or outright clears it.

There is no issue here.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

I would rather be in a overflow that farmed champs as oppose to all of the speed runs i get.I try to explain to people you can actually farm and still finish in time but they want to get done as fast as possible.Out of the 5 runs i did today the highest was 15 minutes left and the lowest was 10 minutes.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

What if: Portal closes, champs despawn.

Problem solved?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chaz.5263

Chaz.5263

There’s only one way to “farm champs” in these events, and that is to ignore the aether captain and kill the champ reinforcements. It is not any more time efficient than normally clearing the event and moving onto the next, and the captain gives better loot than the normal champs. I’ve never seen anyone attempt this, and I don’t think it’s even possible because you can’t control that many people and a few of them are going to kill the captain regardless of what other people tell them to do.

In every other invasion event killing the champions either progresses it rapidly or outright clears it.

There is no issue here.

This is correct, there is no way to farm champions without progressing the event at the same time and I think it’s outrageous the way the OP starts accusing the community with no basis at all.

I saw people complaining about the same in map chat when the event is in fact telling us to kill Aetherblades, they either don’t understand how the event works or they are toxic players that just need to be blocked and sometimes even reported for verbal abuse

Some player actually go crazy if you happen to lay a finger on any mob that doesn’t progress the event, this has to stop dude, you let people play the way that they want to play and better stop trolling.

Regards.

in Clockwork Chaos

Gabby.3205

People seem to be confused about how the event works.

The problem with zerging the events (not only the Aetherblades, but also Molten and Minions) is that it will cause the chosen events to scale (and they won’t be completed any faster) and the other ones will end up being neglected, therefore it will take longer for the bar to drop. Since there is a limited time to finish the waves and to kill the reinforcements (molten and Aetherblades), the best way to make sure that the event is completed successfully would be to form smaller groups and to cover a larger part of the map.

The problem is not killing champions. The problem is when half the map is doing the same event instead of covering everything. But hey, as long as people are not yelling at me for explaining how it works, I could care less.

Tarnished Coast

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

People seem to be confused about how the event works.

The problem with zerging the events (not only the Aetherblades, but also Molten and Minions) is that it will cause the chosen events to scale (and they won’t be completed any faster) and the other ones will end up being neglected, therefore it will take longer for the bar to drop. Since there is a limited time to finish the waves and to kill the reinforcements (molten and Aetherblades), the best way to make sure that the event is completed successfully would be to form smaller groups and to cover a larger part of the map.

The problem is not killing champions. The problem is when half the map is doing the same event instead of covering everything. But hey, as long as people are not yelling at me for explaining how it works, I could care less.

You’re obviously missing the OP’s message. What he is saying is people are doing it on purpose to farm Champions. They don’t care about the end-loot because the difference between a successful defense against the invasion and a failed is moot.

There needs to be more of a significant punishment for failing the invasion then what it currently is at the moment, so that people are more willing to work together to beat these invasions back.

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

That is easily solved by having 4 or more commanders on the map. The commanders spread out and people flock to the nearest one.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Clockwork Chaos

Gabby.3205

You’re obviously missing the OP’s message. What he is saying is people are doing it on purpose to farm Champions. They don’t care about the end-loot because the difference between a successful defense against the invasion and a failed is moot.

There needs to be more of a significant punishment for failing the invasion then what it currently is at the moment, so that people are more willing to work together to beat these invasions back.

And that’s what I’m saying, too. I was explaining why farming Champions is not good for the progress of the event like some people in this thread think.

That is easily solved by having 4 or more commanders on the map. The commanders spread out and people flock to the nearest one.

Sure. The problem is when they refuse to spread out because they want to farm Champions.

Tarnished Coast

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

And that’s what I’m saying, too. I was explaining why farming Champions is not good for the progress of the event like some people in this thread think.

Sure. The problem is when they refuse to spread out because they want to farm Champions.

It is good for you that the farmers kill the champs. They are helping move the bar across. If it was not for this you wouldn’t have as many people on the maps anyways and progress would be slow and you would still fail from time to time.

Since they are helping you… just not doing it in the way that you want them to… I have zero sympathy for this type of play how I want you to rubbish.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Clockwork Chaos

Gabby.3205

It is good for you that the farmers kill the champs. They are helping move the bar across. If it was not for this you wouldn’t have as many people on the maps anyways and progress would be slow and you would still fail from time to time.

Since they are helping you… just not doing it in the way that you want them to… I have zero sympathy for this type of play how I want you to rubbish.

Moving the bar slower than it is necessary for the event to be completed is good for people that actually want to complete the event?
What I am saying is that the event shall be completed if people do not go zerging everything. Please, read my other post again, the one before the one you quoted. I explain how the event works and why a farming zerg is bad for the event, as long as you don’t want it to fail.
I am not trying to make people play the way I want, I am just telling people how they should play IF (and only if) they want the event to be completed. Complaining about that is like complaining that I told people to lure Scarlet to the red circles during the first fight in the dungeon. “Aww but I don’t want to lure her to the circles!”, well, too bad, that’s what you need to do to defeat her.
I hope I’ve made myself clear. If you think zerging the events (as I said before, any of them) is helping completing the event, just know that your zerg would be WAY more helpful if it was divided in smaller groups. That’s how the event works, and it is not my fault.

Tarnished Coast