Scarlet now afflicted by kill credit bug

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

After the HP buff, we’ve had some people not getting loot off her despite doing significant damage.

It might just be because more of the zerg manages to get to her. This would make the issue similar to the strange kill credit behavior in the ember farm.

Just thought I’d bring it up, maybe Scarlet will help the developers pinpoint and fix that bug.

Event credit works fine though.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: calankh.3248

calankh.3248

Yep, just had this happen. I got credit, achievement, and reward for killing scarlet, my friend got nothing. We got to her at the same time, and he was definitely hitting her. He’s pretty kitten ed, I hope this gets fixed soon.

in Clockwork Chaos

DarkWasp.7291

Well fortunately in this case it’s just a single champ box which isn’t that much in the big picture.

However, it represents a problem that has plagued open world PvE since the Plinx farm days. Except back then it was veterans, now it’s champions.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

Same.

Hubby and I both attacked her – me on my ele and him on his warrior. He got the rares box and I didn’t despite the fact we were both doing big damage numbers for the same length of time.

Go figure.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Well fortunately in this case it’s just a single champ box which isn’t that much in the big picture.

However, it represents a problem that has plagued open world PvE since the Plinx farm days. Except back then it was veterans, now it’s champions.

There’s the achievement too – you need to tag her to get it.

in Clockwork Chaos

DarkWasp.7291

There’s the achievement too – you need to tag her to get it.

If I’m not mistaken that only requires credit on the Kill Scarlet event. That event seems to work properly.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Yes, but it’s Scarlet the OP is talking about – tagging her is now harder, so getting credit for her is also much harder even when you do damage.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Are you sure you haven’t already gotten credit for her today? She’s on a once a day loot system.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Are you sure you haven’t already gotten credit for her today? She’s on a once a day loot system.

shes on a once a day system for all maps…not each individial one….unlike the event reward correct?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So tagging here during the event is not enough right? It’s just the end, even if she spawns on the other side of the map and there is no way you can get to her in time?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

shes on a once a day system for all maps…not each individial one….unlike the event reward correct?

For credit on the achievements, it’s once a map.

For credit on the rewards for completing the Invasion, it’s on a daily per map.

For credit on defeating Scarlet (outside of Scarlet’s Playhouse), it’s on a once daily.

Does that clear up confusion?

in Clockwork Chaos

DarkWasp.7291

The credit I, the OP, am referring to is none of the above.

Whenever you kill a champion/legendary you get roughly 1000 EXP, one or two random items and one champ bag/box. In order to get this “kill credit” under normal circumstances you just need to do enough damage. However, when a zerg of players gets too big the system starts to malfunction.

Here’s the thing, in this particular instance it’s no big deal. Achievement progress isn’t being blocked, living story progress isn’t being blocked, daily rewards aren’t being blocked (I don’t think) and map rewards aren’t being blocked.

No this is an entirely different issue.

The reason I’ve made this post is so that ArenaNet can investigate Scarlet. She is a sterling example of what happens in all areas of the game when a zerg gets too big. Same thing happened with the ember farm and Plinx way before that.

I hope that clears up the confusion.

This is about the one Deluxe Gear Box that Scarlet drops on the floor, not about any of the rewards that pop up on the UI.