Scarlet's Minions not Attacking this World?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

So the map popup says that Scarlet’s minions are attacking Harathi Hinterlans. I go there and it’s not an overflow. I get a message saying:

“Scarlet’s minions are not attacking this world

Please return to your home world when prompted"

Why are they not attacking and what’s my home world?

(edited by bhagwad.4281)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Same thing happened to me on Far Shiverpeaks.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

Same here on Kodash.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Same on gandara

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

Same on Piken Square. I checked the map and it doesn’t show overflow so either it means that a) overflow display is bugged and it’s past 10 maps or b) the event is bugged.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Same here

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

Same thing on Yak’s bend, anyone able to do the event?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dusten Rust.1987

Dusten Rust.1987

Same here, a bunch of us are waiting on the map

[Underworld]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

Next

This is a slight hiccup with new maps starting up; the new invasion will be starting very very soon, this should clean all that up

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

This is a slight hiccup with new maps starting up; the new invasion will be starting very very soon, this should clean all that up

“very soon” yet no overflow map have any of the events.

moar than 30 minutes passed.

The whole event got spoiled out already for me and everyone else who ended at overflow channels.

Great Job really you never fail to deliver moar FAILS with every patch don’t you ANET ?

(edited by Luna.9640)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The events are simply not happening in overflows. Quite buggy as of now it seems.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

ugh so anoying i have slow loading times and will most likely end up in overflow anyways,.please fix this. i would love to see at least 1 event….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Way more than 10 mins on desolation overflow. nothing is happening. Besides lots of grumpy people.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Don`t play on a patchday

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ilirya Shan.5489

Ilirya Shan.5489

An event without a failure from ANet? Noooo!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

An event without a failure from ANet? Noooo!

Exactly what i was thinking, it will likely be 2-3 days before its actually working the way it was intended to work…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Meh, going to play another game. Now hopefully ANet will realize that churning out all this temporary crap does not really work out. I’d rather have them focus on persistent additions to this world (start with that door in Ebonhawke leading into the Crystal Desert please).

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AristoCat.7064

AristoCat.7064

Guys calm down a little bit. This is the first time they are trying these kind of things so of course you are gonna have sine problems. The patch is only up for one hour now and I(m sure Anet will fix this asap.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

We have a great fun in overflow.

Attachments:

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Larkir.6502

Larkir.6502

Meh, going to play another game. Now hopefully ANet will realize that churning out all this temporary crap does not really work out. I’d rather have them focus on persistent additions to this world (start with that door in Ebonhawke leading into the Crystal Desert please).

These invasion events ARE a permanent addition to the game according to the patch notes.

in Clockwork Chaos

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yep nothing happening here.
Then again i remember the Karka event, man that was a total mess as well.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dakan.9463

Dakan.9463

Well nothing happend in my overflow but we had a great deal of fun regardless. Three countries together and everyone just spouting jokes and black humour xD

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It had a definite advantage over this one. Something was happening. You might not have seen huge parts of it due to culling and latency, but it was there.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Previous

Paul Belz.7351

any overflow that opens up 10 minutes after the invasion begins will not have the event active. This is to prevent them from carrying over into the next invasion, as they will be active for 45 minutes maximum.

Check for invasions near the start of the hour, though there is some slight variance.

in Clockwork Chaos

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It had a definite advantage over this one. Something was happening. You might not have seen huge parts of it due to culling and latency, but it was there.

Thats true but the lag that was so widespread meant that it wasnt happening for alot of people lol

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

thanks for the reply, not the one I hope but fine, If I’m few mins late I’ll not got the event at all, and on day one it seems a lot of people wont’ have it.

maybe you should review the timing.

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Belthasar.7509

Belthasar.7509

/facepalm

10 chars

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

any overflow that opens up 10 minutes after the invasion begins will not have the event active.

And how can we know if the overflow we are in opened 10 mins after the invasion begins?

if I undestand well, we have to sit there waiting one hour for the event to begin?

if so, I must say it’s the most failed things you devised so far. You seriously need to rework how this event works

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Just need to find a low population server to guest on. One that people claim are dying or dead. Of course, if we get knocked into overflow even then…

in Clockwork Chaos

ArmageddonAsh.6430

any overflow that opens up 10 minutes after the invasion begins will not have the event active.

And how can we know if the overflow we are in opened 10 mins after the invasion begins?

if I undestand well, we have to sit there waiting one hour for the event to begin?

if so, I must say it’s the most failed things you devised so far. You seriously need to rework how this event works

Yep, it seems poorly designed in my opinion.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

any overflow that opens up 10 minutes after the invasion begins will not have the event active. This is to prevent them from carrying over into the next invasion, as they will be active for 45 minutes maximum.

Check for invasions near the start of the hour, though there is some slight variance.

We ran straight to the zone (Fireheart) where there was an overflow and we got the error message. So, thats not true.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So not only are we blocked from trying to finish the queens gauntlet, we now have to wait hour(s) just to try to get to a map so we can do the new achievements. wtf. Well this patch just kittened me off (I can’t even express the anger I feel right now. I’d have way to many kittens in it). I thought they were learning from past stuff. Who thought it was a good idea locking people out of the beginning months content?

Yep, it seems poorly designed in my opinion.

That seems to be happening more and more frequently…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Jeez guys. The events are happening every hour for a couple of weeks, but you missed the first so it’s bad game design? Owch.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Jeez guys. The events are happening every hour for a couple of weeks, but you missed the first so it’s bad game design? Owch.

Yes becouse with this we will be glad that we will get in to at least 1 event in those weeks so it is realy bad design.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Irikol.3495

Irikol.3495

Your comment irritated me, so I had to respond to it.
Simply put, yes it is bad game design, you want to know why?

Lets say you go to a theme park and you intend to go on the new ride they have been hyping up for two weeks, when you arrive the line is so long that you have to wait for HOURS to even be able to get on the ride.

That makes sense in real life, but in a game world? No. You shouldn’t have to wait HOURS in line to get on the new ride, it should be available from the start of when it was released unless there is a long quest chain interfering with it. It’s not fun to stand in line for hours, or hope that people will let you cut in front of them.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rafterman.1574

Rafterman.1574

Not just the first, but the second, and probably the third when it comes around. Overflow servers are stupid enough as it is, but it makes them worse when getting stuck in one keeps me from doing content.

I don’t have hours a day just to sit around and hope I can get into a zone fast enough not to get stuck in a kittening overflow.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

That makes sense in real life, but in a game world? No. You shouldn’t have to wait HOURS in line to get on the new ride, it should be available from the start of when it was released unless there is a long quest chain interfering with it. It’s not fun to stand in line for hours, or hope that people will let you cut in front of them.

Considering Anet themselves have previously made statements to the effect of “waiting to play the game isn’t fun”, this is a very reasonable analogy.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This would be great except for the fact that the invasions aren’t even happening on the home worlds let alone the overflows.

I’m on JQ in blazeridge NOT in an overflow and it is telling me to go to my home server…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

This would be great except for the fact that the invasions aren’t even happening on the home worlds let alone the overflows.

I’m on JQ in blazeridge NOT in an overflow and it is telling me to go to my home server…

Same here. This is really….bad….