Speculation on what the Queen has to say

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: codingCaptor.9428

codingCaptor.9428

After securing a peace treaty with the Charr, the humans are finally now only fighting a single front war. Against the Centaurs (Well, bandits too.) And we’ve been kind of destroying them recently (what with the sudden rash of human adventurers combing the countryside for slime covered boxes.)

I suspect, after the appearance of an evil Sylvari running the atherblades(that probably isn’t associated with the Nightmare Court, as they historically have only attacked other sylavri) She’s going to declare war on the pale tree.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

As long as I don’t have to

• go through some jumping puzzles,
  • get one shot with some boss NPC with crazy AoE,
  • do some map grind work to ruin the fun of some poor pirates,
  • and not to have to run a zerg of bots to farm tickets,
  • and not have to use some special buff for certain achievement,
  • and not to have to deal with some bug when my invitation email disappears from my inbox,

then I am all ears to hear her speech.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

As long as I don’t have to

• go through some jumping puzzles,
  • get one shot with some boss NPC with crazy AoE,
  • do some map grind work to ruin the fun of some poor pirates,
  • and not to have to run a zerg of bots to farm tickets,
  • and not have to use some special buff for certain achievement,
  • and not to have to deal with some bug when my invitation email disappears from my inbox,

then I am all ears to hear her speech.

But then you won’t earn any achievements.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fTS8Uo4DU

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

She’ll announce she is sending Logan on a mission to find a path to Elona or Cantha. Along the way he will also determine the threat of <insert dragon here>. He will report back in X months at which time it will be a new year for us and we will have a whole new story that involves finding out what happened to Logan in a new land or a badly beaten Logan returns and calls for support in freeing Elona/Cantha from the tyranny of <insert dragon here>.

Either that or she will break the fourth wall and announce to all citizens of Tyria that they are in fact not real, that they are all a digital representation of living entities and are being controlled by humans that are around 1000 times larger than they are and the whole thing is part of some elaborate “game”. The asura will go into hyper-research mode and the Charr will declare these giant invisible beings gods, while the Sylvari will call bullkitten and declare that saying such a thing won’t end well. The humans will want to know what free stuff they get from it and why it didn’t happen sooner

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tad.4109

Tad.4109

posted this in another thread as well.

i think that Jennah needs to call on all Tyrian races to unite once more to reach out and make contact with lands long isolated (Elona, Cantha) and urge these lands to join in the fight against the elder dragons. much like cutthroat politics, i hope that players get to decide which land to make contact with, first. Living Story content for the rest of the year could focus on our choice, preparing Tyrians for the journey ahead. hopefully by Q1 2014 we’ll be landing on either the shores of Cantha or Elona. or both.

additionally, i think each race will have a special task to perform in order to secure their support for the Queen’s initiative to reach out to these lands. if i am right, everyone who is asking ‘what about race x?’ will have something very important and special to do.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BatteryBiscuits.1573

BatteryBiscuits.1573

Let me tell you what the big bad surprise will be:
’’
Queen Jennah: It has been several months since the death of Zhaitan and to this, I wish to invite the hero of Tyria who risked his life and neck at every moment to defeat zhaitan and his foul minions.
Let us applaud and welcome Trahearne!

Trahearne: Thank you Queen jennah, it is an honour to be the hero for Tyria in theses dark times.

Queen Jennah : For being the sole hero who brought us all togheter, I award you the treasury of Divinity’s reach, and a special Pass to the crystal desert for you to ascend in the hall of heroes.

’’
And thus, every player everywhere rose up in arms and anger and assaulted the Queen and her guards.
Overwhelmed by the anger of adventurers, the Queen died and brought an end to the peace treaty of humans and charrs.
Thus, the humans and charr are at war once again and the lands are burned to showcase the Great change in landscapes as dragons are now free to roam.

Although that’d be a pretty weird surprise, it won’t happen obviously.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Unfortunately the Queen’s Speech had to be cut short due to a killshot from my Predator.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I for one hope she finally tells us why she never wears any shoes.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

I for one hope she finally tells us why she never wears any shoes.

Maybe Logan has a foot fetish? (Am I allowed to say that on this forum or am I violating some rules here?)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Since we are talking about some event that:
1)Cannot invalidate personal stories (thus no “Queen Jennah or Countess Anise is actually evil” revelation)
2)Should be important from a political standpoint (i doubt there would be a speech from the queen herself otherwise)
i would assume that this is either related to Cantha, or with the Tengu.
Probably the latter. Maybe she’s about to announce an alliance with them. Something that would later make them as a playable race.

I don’t get why everyone thinks that events cannot invalidate the personal story. Two personal story characters, at least, have died in the dungeons. That didn’t somehow make earlier quests impossible to access or resolve or anything.

Granted, I suppose it’d be awkward to see another Queen on the throne in Divinity’s Reach and then go to your Personal Story and have to deal with Queen Jennah being queen. Freaky time travel stuff there.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I suspect, after the appearance of an evil Sylvari running the atherblades(that probably isn’t associated with the Nightmare Court, as they historically have only attacked other sylavri) She’s going to declare war on the pale tree.

They actually also attack skritt. (Brisban wildlands)

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Queen is actually a watchknight. No one but Anise knows.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

a badly beaten Logan returns and calls for support in freeing Elona/Cantha from the tyranny of <insert dragon here>.

Elona is already being controlled and destroyed / ruined by Palawa Joko, not an elder dragon, even though kralkatorric is down there somewhere prolly twiddling his fingers because there’s nothing to destroy.
As for Cantha, last I heard, their emperor was really xenophobic, and wont let anyone non-canthan inside, going so far as evicting all non-canthans out of cantha, most notably the entirety of the Tengu race, which moved to where they are now in the dominion of winds. So I dont think he’ll want to talk to logan, prolly give him the finger from the top of the new Great Wall of Cantha. (to keep all those foreigners out!)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And Anise is keeping it quiet because she doesn’t know WHERE the Queen disappeared to . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: nihavel.6592

nihavel.6592

I hope the queen say, “in next X month we must attack another elder, but we can’t do alone, we must engage other race” and next living world are “new race-centric” so players can empathize with them.

This will be a cool technique to introduce next expansion and next race.

Anyway a question for devs:
There are any achievement in The Queen’s Speech living story?

(sorry for my rusty english)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

I think she will say that since the aetherblade attack at the Queen’s Jubilee, the Seraph and Shining Blade have been investigating the incident. She can now reveal who the mysterious Scarlet person is behind it all, but of course just then Scarlet appears again and we find out about her nefarious plans to take over Tyria.

Now all the pieces of the puzzle begin to make sense: the dredge and flame legion disruptions, incidents at Southsun Cove, Canach and Kiel’s involvement in her plans (willing or unwilling), and the story behind the aetherblade pirates.

Of course, it will be time for a dungeon where we will have to defeat Scarlet and her army. On our side we’ll have watchknights, Rox and Braham to help us in the battle.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

It’s obvious that war were declared.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kestin.2368

Kestin.2368

In AE 1326 war was beginning?

Lore fanatic, achievement hound, map completionist, PvEer, filthy casual.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

My thoughts…. Queen Jennah is a watchknight in disguise, she reveals herself, goes terminator on everyone, we save the day, Logan is horrified.

:D

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Turns out to be a watchknight “Sorry but the queen is in another castle!”

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

And Anise is keeping it quiet because she doesn’t know WHERE the Queen disappeared to . . .

Anise is keeping quiet because they don’t want anybody to know that Jennah is in hiding. Her life is in danger, so it’s information best not revealed. Not even to Logan.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Anise is keeping quiet because they don’t want anybody to know that Jennah is in hiding. Her life is in danger, so it’s information best not revealed. Not even to Logan.

ESPECIALLY not to Logan; he’ll lead them right to her.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

So we can hope that in the middle of a speech robo-Jennah will die? And everyone will be like “Wooow”.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

“I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I have lots of money. But I also have a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my people go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you.

But if you don’t, Marjory will look for you, Logan will find you, and I will kill you."

—Queen Jenna—

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Itll probably involve killing an absurd amount of Aetherblades.

No seriously, how do they keep getting recruits? Arent they suppose to post mortality rates or something?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

As a lot of people said already, I hope that she will declare that the peace treaty will finally be signed. She probably wanted Rytlock to sign it with her, but I guess Rox will have to do.
That would be an important step, IMO. I still hope that we will be able to build a “New Ascalon” someday (by expanding Ebonhawke), and the peace treaty must be signed for that to happen. Hey, it is totally possible, ok? Well… A girl can dream…

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Announcing Cantha expansion.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

She will say only 4 words, then disappear.

“The Matrix has you”.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

“Sorry for wasting your time with this whole living story thing. We now return to our normal awesome content with the elder dragons. I’ve approved access to Crystal Desert via Fields of Ruin. Now go fight Kralkatorrik and have some good content for a change! Also I’ve brought Tybalt back to replace Trahearne as the Commander since he’s awesome.

One more thing, next update will include Guild Halls. Have fun, citizens!"

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: The Fadman.7058

The Fadman.7058

I… Actually get this reference.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I agree with the watchknight posing thing. It seems too obvious for it not to be true.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Nope! Elona!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: sampsonkennedy.3051

sampsonkennedy.3051

Jennah announces the invasion and eventual retaking of lion’s arch from its pirate occupants

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Nope! Elona!

You’re both wrong. We’re going north to go kick Jormag out of Sifhalla and tap a keg to the memory of Sif Shadowhunter, the best hunter to ever stalk the Far Shiverpeaks.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Queen’s speech… hmmm Jennifer Hale doing a Colin Firth a la http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHY2UzOonig

She is having Logan’s love child…

And they’re naming it Rytlock…

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Zojja: [narrating] Three hundred and something lives ended on that day, 256, 1326AE. The survivors of the Queen’s Jubilee called the war ‘Judgement Day’. They lived only to face a new nightmare: the war against the machines. The computer which controlled the machines, ‘ArenaNet’, sent two Watchknights back through time. Their mission: to destroy the leader of the human resistance, Logan Thackeray. The first Watchknight was programmed to strike at me in the year 1320AE, before Logan could run from Kralkatorrik. It failed. The second was set to strike at Logan himself when he was at the Queen’s Jubilee. As before, the resistance was able to send a lone warrior, a protector for Logan. It was just a question of which one of them would reach him first.
….
Queen Jennah: ‘Come with me if you want to live.’
….
Zojja: [narrating] Watching Logan with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The Watchknight would never stop. It would never leave him, and it would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die, to protect him. Of all the would-be suitors who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only one who measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

So far, Jennah was little more than a damsel in distress and a plotpoint for the player to start interacting with things by using numbered keys. Look no further than the human personal story, caudecus story mission and openeing ceremony.

I’d be surprised, if she actually comes off as anything resembling a leader.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Probably generic stuff about future of humanity etc. But it will be crashed by aetherblades possibly.

It’s actually a bit creepy. It’s quite possibly linked to Thaumanova reactor since well, steam creatures come from there, and it’s hinted that they come from future/alternate reality. So that made me think that aetherblades are probably from that realm as well, since they started having steam creatures with em. And in asura storyline with infinity ball, it’s hinted about a “battle in Divinity Reach”, more precisely your character from this alternate reality/future mentions it, and ofc. you gotta fight steam creatures that pour through portals you create with infinity ball in your storyline.

So whatever she has to say it will be quickly interrupted :P

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

No seriously, how do they keep getting recruits? Arent they suppose to post mortality rates or something?

They’re criminals so they don’t have to post mortality rates, unless they are recruiting from the Villain’s Guild in which case they must so that the stupid minions and lackeys have something to ‘work towards’ while the smart ones know to seek employment else where.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I suspect her speech will be something along the lines of:

“I here by declare, by royal decree, that Logan Thackery henceforth, is to be the new cleaner of the royal latrines.”

And then we follow a depressed Logan around Tyria, trying to prevent him from drinking himself to death.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kestin.2368

Kestin.2368

I… Actually get this reference.

Who doesn’t?

http://gw2-thoughts.tumblr.com/post/57213743309/all-your-tyria-are-belong-to-us

Lore fanatic, achievement hound, map completionist, PvEer, filthy casual.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I’m calling it now.

Queen Jennah’s going to use this “I have something special to tell you all” speech as a way of gathering people to her. It will then transpire that she is a watchknight in disguise herself. Bring on the Battle of Divinity’s Reach, Mr. Aetherblade. I smell a mission to rescue the captured Queen Jennah…and Logan totally freaking out, naturally.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

Maybe the rumor’s turn out to be true and they come from a different future. In this future cloning is possible so they send their army of clone warriors to our present.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

I’m calling it now.

Queen Jennah’s going to use this “I have something special to tell you all” speech as a way of gathering people to her. It will then transpire that she is a watchknight in disguise herself. Bring on the Battle of Divinity’s Reach, Mr. Aetherblade. I smell a mission to rescue the captured Queen Jennah…and Logan totally freaking out, naturally.

Or the speech could be that humanity has finally had enough of the Arcane Council not considering the Inquest a threat and now alongside the Charr will actively hunt down these Asura. The Asura representative will of course inform her that the Arcane Council will not be pleased with this turn of events while the Norn representative will find it a boring task unworthy of a Norn. The Sylvari representative will be undecided at this time due to both the Sylvari’s teachings and the history with the Asura.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Queen Jennah announces that she is the new Belcher’s Bluff champion. Anyone who can beat her can take her on at naked Sanctum Sprint.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

She’s gonna raise taxes, we now have to pay more for each repair and get less money from merching loot.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

First Jennah hands out a buffet of free chicken.

And then she announces: “That was not chicken!”

And then as the mesmer illusion fades, everyone looks down on their plate and sees the horrible truth! DUN-DUN-DUUUUUHN!

… Cliff hanger…

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

“My dear beloved subjects and others. Surely you have wondered where the fabulous idea of the Watchknights came from, so without further ado – please welcome the Canthan Caravan!
Help us collect wood and stones, minerals and ice-cream-cones to build the new canthan district for our permanent guests.”

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Sorry, I don’t think she could even get a word out before getting snipered!

It would be the most dramatic scene ever in history of GW2…..

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

She is going to announce

- new jumping puzzle/s
- new minigame/s
- some new points across all maps that spawn enemies and or items that we have to kill/collect
- some new stuff that drops from enemies we have to collect to buy some fancy (minipet/s, weaponskin/s and/or title/s)
- new nice-to-look-at-stuff for the gem store
- stuff that was already in the game at one point, but now bigger and better.

Because we all “love” that kind of stuff.

I roll NEED for playable Tengu.

(edited by Jaga.2084)