Speculation on what the Queen has to say

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think that she will call the charr ambassador (Rox) (that is why she is actually there in this story) to the stage which she is on to finally announce and finalize the peace treaty between charrs and humans but just before doing that the aetherblades are going to attack everyone and maybe take Queen Jennah or kill her and/or the same with rox and we will get a permanent dungeon for revenge or getting her back

This sounds legit persuasive haha i don’t think she’d just die though, she’s supposed to be the most powerful mesmer in Tyria haha

Why would something as important as the treaty with the Charr be handled by someone as low ranking as Rox?

Because Rytlock couldn’t be bothered to come himself instead he sent Rox as his ‘official’ replacement. As the acting delegate of the Black Citadel she has the temporary authority to handle such a monumental event. She’ll probably get chewed out by Rytlock for it though, and he’ll be reminded by his superiors of his decision to send her in his place, since as you said she doesn’t hold any authority within the Charr legions.

What I’m saying is, the treaty with the charr is something that the Black Citadel would know about in advance (it’s not much of a treaty if the charr aren’t aware). It would take place on neutral ground (or at the very least, not in the stronghold of one of the races involved) and it would involve high ranking leaders from both races, not Rox.

The speech isn’t about the charr.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Queen Jennah (to Logan): No, I am your father.
Logan: No. No. That’s not true. That’s impossible!
Queen Jennah: Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
Logan: Nooooo! Nooo!

The table is a fable.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

Everyone convenes in the upper level of Divinity’s Reach, anxiously waiting to hear what the Queen will announce.

Once all the emissaries have gathered on the stage, Queen Jennah appears, greeted with applause.

“Friends of Tyria, as you all know, this ceremony has been held to celebrate the unity of our forces. With this theme in mind, I cannot think of anyone else who I would rather deliver this news than…Trahearne.”

The curtains part and the Firstborn steps forward into a sea of whispers.

“My friends, it is my pleasure to announce that we have finally rid Orr of the Risen and permanently put a stop to Zhaitan’s influence. With the help of Queen Jennah, we will begin rebuilding Orr into the great city that it once was. Additionally, we will use Asuran technology capable of recreating the battles that we have fought (for those who haven’t finished the PS). Let us never forget the feats that can be achieved when we work as one!”

^I want this. This would be cool. And it would make sense since the rebuilding of Orr would be a very human-centric concern. (And technically its not a new zone, so :P to that argument.)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

I vote she has spoken with the tengu Emissaries from the Domain of Winds and is comming to an agreement for them to open their doors!!!!!!! I WANT MY TENGU CHARACTERS!!!!!! I mean really I can make 6 tengu easy -ranger Warrior(R.I.P. Talon) thief necro Guardian(Talon savior cantha palace mission) and well another ranger cause Tyria and cantha they were xD buy expansion and character slots.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I would be THRILLED if Tengu became playable as a result of this announcement, but I find it doubtful. If anything, the Tengu are more likely to announce this to Lion’s Arch or the Grove first, given their much closest proximity to those two states.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Jennah: Beloved people of Tyria. As you know I love you all. But please leave Deadeye Dunwell alone, he has suffered enough. Also, I am sorry about that giant zergtrain passing by underneath our very feet. It was a slight miscalculation that has pretty much decimated our economy. Whoopsy.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

The Queen will announce that she finally has found a pair of shoes that suit her royal feet.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: werbear.7135

werbear.7135

“We are the Watchknights. Your biological, magical and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

If it’s suddenly interrupted by baddie NPCs like just about every other part of the Living Story, I will cry. I would really like to be surprised by the events of this update – it’s all getting far too formulaic.

Gandara

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Queen Jenna: I have gathered you all here today to address some of your concerns. Some of you think of me as a weak ruler, some a heartless tyrant. I assure you I’m neither of these things, but if you really insist; I’ll become the cruel tyrant. At least that way, I can finally get some things done around here. Those ministers can be very bothersome to one’s plans sometimes. We won’t need them anymore.

Queen Jenna: For those that might oppose my new style of leadership….

Queen Jenna shots mind-kitten lasers out of her eyes into the crowd.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

-Reconstruction of Orr
-Tengu opening their gates
-the drafting of all the pavilion champions to combat the dragons, Aetherblades, or some other dire threat (possibly the “drakes” in the sewer)
-Opening of crystal desert
-Contact with Cantha
- the reason she built the pavilion instead of rebuilding the fine arts district
-the real reason for the great collapse
-official treaty with char
-Sereph joining the pact
-Marriage to Logan/ and or pregnant with Logan’s child.

(edited by Mia Lunarfang.5826)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

-Reconstruction of Orr
-Tengu opening their gates
-the drafting of all the pavilion champions to combat the dragons, Aetherblades, or some other dire threat (possibly the “drakes” in the sewer)
-Opening of crystal desert
-Contact with Cantha
- the reason she built the pavilion instead of rebuilding the fine arts district
-the real reason for the great collapse
-official treaty with char
-Sereph joining the pact
-Marriage to Logan/ and or pregnant with Logan’s child.

Or all of the above.

And well looks like I can’t get drafted.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Samitan.6192

Samitan.6192

Queen Jennah: “I’M SPARTACUS!!!”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dusten Rust.1987

Dusten Rust.1987

Who is “Scarlet”?

That’s what is grafittied on the Queen’s Speech page, lower and to the left.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before in this post, but my guess is she’ll announce that the Trade Agreement has been finalized with the Zephyrites and a new shop will be opening in Lion’s Arch. Someone said the other day in LA map chat that there were workers making a new shop/building near the Captain’s Council (although I couldn’t find it when I looked), so I figured that’s what it may be. And with the new crafting mats Anet has been introducing to the game that have exclusive or unique places they’re found (like where can you get crystals if you missed the achievement and don’t have a node in your home instance, other than the TP, and watchwork pieces when the Pavilion is gone?), and crafting going up to level 500, this would seem to make sense.

Of course, AFTER she finishes the important sentence of the above announcement, all Full Grown Cat (no “kitten” here!) breaks loose, as the Aetherblades arrive with the Mysterious Stranger and complete their take-over of the Watchwork Knights and proceed to attempt to demolish everything and everyone in sight.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

On a side note- Scarlet and the Aetherblades have invented the aerosol spray can!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

On a side note- Scarlet and the Aetherblades have invented the aerosol spray can!

Two claps for global warming advancing into the world of GWs

in Clockwork Chaos

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Queen Jennah: You’re all getting bees! BEES! Ahahahahaha!

Jennah opens her mouth and swarms of bees attack the audience. Then she falls apart into a pile of maggots that crawl across the stage, and transform into a hideous creature made of slime and vermin. And Logan runs away.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Moersel.1320

Moersel.1320

Queen Jennah: “I’M SPARTACUS!!!”

Having recently seen Roger Waters with his “The Wall” show, I vote for “I’M SPARTACUS!!!”.
It has to end with a big wall collapsing! So… it seems like we’re finally getting the Tengu. ^^

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

“We are the Watchknights. Your biological, magical and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.”

“ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

“Unfortunately, after putting millions of gold worth of destroyer lodestones, exotics, rares you’ve all been looting- not to mention, hundreds of millions spent on making a dangerdome full of watchknights you people have spent the last two weeks destroying… Divinity’s Reach is in debt, and will be sold to Gnashblade. Thank you for your time, and sorry that the renovated part of the city now stinks of the mound of corpses piled up beneath Liadri’s cage.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Based on the posts i’ve read and from the info on the Living Story events, I bet that it’s Crystal Desert that’s going to be opened.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Well, Atlas … what happens if your char is a Mesmer as well?

Psychic fight.
Watch each other’s clones slap each other like five year olds.
It will be a blast.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

Dear good people of Tyria!
As you all remember the outraging festivities of last year that ende up with sir Logan Thackeray farting at the dinner table, I have to make an announcement. It wasn’t Logan, it was me.
Have a good evening

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

“Dear citizens… I am really… a broom.”

Hoopa doopa.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

the queen, logan, rox and rythlock are on the stage.

-queen: now that the human-charr peace treaty is signed (people cheers) i’ll anounce that logan will be our new king (more cheering)

suddenly aetherblades, rox pierces the queen’s heart with an arrow, she was an aetherblade all along, the earth starts to tremble, molten alliance machines pop out from the floor, divinity’s reach becomes a huge battlefield and is ultimately destroyed, new human capital city is ebonhawke, divinity’s reach becomes a dungeon.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

So many original, albeit highly improbable ideas here when the simple truth is that her speech will likely be nothing worthwhile. Nothing more than a simple plot device to get a bunch of story-important people in a single place so Scarlet, who is delivered as the big star of the next update, can do her little flaunt.

I do hope the speech lives up to her grand opening ceremony in her seemingly bathrobes for perhaps 10 tot 15 npc’s? I really felt like part of a great event there.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Samitan.6192

Samitan.6192

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Hm… something to do with the Kodan and the Molten Alliance perhaps?
Not sure there’s a link, but in the ChinaJoy trailer and the Living Story trailer, one of the huge Kodan ships is under heavy artillery fire and I don’t recall seeing that in-game so far, so maybe the LS events will unfold in this direction…

Hopefully the “permanent” changes to GW2 isn’t taking away one or more Kodan ships; they’re part of the reason I return to Frostgorge Sound, oh and that Claw of Jormag event and now ofc that truly boring champ farming run…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Hm… something to do with the Kodan and the Molten Alliance perhaps?
Not sure there’s a link, but in the ChinaJoy trailer and the Living Story trailer, one of the huge Kodan ships is under heavy artillery fire and I don’t recall seeing that in-game so far, so maybe the LS events will unfold in this direction…

Hopefully the “permanent” changes to GW2 isn’t taking away one or more Kodan ships; they’re part of the reason I return to Frostgorge Sound, oh and that Claw of Jormag event and now ofc that truly boring champ farming run…

South of frostgorge sound

in Clockwork Chaos

Dondarrion.2748

South of FS? I need a little more to go on, did you refer to the ships taking artillery damage actually taking place in the game already?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

South of FS? I need a little more to go on, did you refer to the ships taking artillery damage actually taking place in the game already?

Dredge do artillery fire from cave entrances to kodan ship there. Not barrage fire when all sky in projectiles but still…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: mricezombie.4560

mricezombie.4560

the queen, logan, rox and rythlock are on the stage.

-queen: now that the human-charr peace treaty is signed (people cheers) i’ll anounce that logan will be our new king (more cheering)

suddenly aetherblades, rox pierces the queen’s heart with an arrow, she was an aetherblade all along, the earth starts to tremble, molten alliance machines pop out from the floor, divinity’s reach becomes a huge battlefield and is ultimately destroyed, new human capital city is ebonhawke, divinity’s reach becomes a dungeon.

man if this happens i would be soooooo happy

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

New Dungeon just below DR?

in Clockwork Chaos

Dondarrion.2748

Dredge do artillery fire from cave entrances to kodan ship there. Not barrage fire when all sky in projectiles but still…

Thanks, yea, know that place. Just need to check out again, never hung around to see like that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Well since devs have said that no new zones or dragon fights before the end of the year, but they have announced new skills, reworked magic find, T7 crafting (including precursors). I’d guess that it’ll be one of the things that still isn’t out yet.

I have a feeling she’ll announce some old lore that was found (either remnants of the human gods or more likely research into the dragons and their energy) that will provide new skills to all professions. Then Scarlet and the Aetherblades break in and steal the new lore/skills and run off around the world. Thus we have a “scavenger hunt” to unlock new skills (which we acquire and then buy with skill points as normal).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

One could only hope. My main’s walkin around with over 100 SP, which is only getting used to craft superior siege, atm.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

This is my prediction:

The queen appears on her balcony ready to give her speech, looking regal as usual, and then she speaks, her voice amplified by her mesmer magic to make sure everyone hears her properly…

“Greetings my people and allies, friends from close and far away, representatives from all races. In these times of great troubles and difficulties, it’s great that we can all be together as one, so it saddens me that I’m going to have to ask of all of you… to pay tree fiddy”

And it is about this time we all notice that this queen girl is about 8 stories tall and is a crustacean karka from the protozoic era! (Logan being the most surprised of all!!!)

(NOTE: joke shamelessly ripped off reddit)..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ruby.1873

Ruby.1873

My Predictions:

1. I’m not really Queen Jennah. I’m Queen JennoooOOOooo!

2. I will officially announce the Peace treaty with the charr. As long as Logan doesn’t run away from Rytlock; crying back to his mommy.

3. “Good citizens of Kryta. As you are all aware our city has become bankrupted with our heroes farming the pavilion of our champions and materials. I would also like to apologise on the rotting smell under Liadri’s cage as we fired our janitor due to spending cuts. That is all”

4. “Were off to sea of sorrows, the wonderful place of karkas!”

5. “I vote for more jumping Puzzles but the Emperor said there was just no way”

(dF) Driven By Fury
Maya Atula – Mesmer

in Clockwork Chaos

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Jennah: Beloved people of Kryta. I’m glad you are all having so much fun. There is no way this celebration could possibly go wrong in any way. I have decided that tomorrow I will retire, and marry my one true love.

(Looks at Logan)

Jennah: Countess Anise! …Also, I would like to thank my royal guards, both of whom are one day from retirement. And let me repeat, there is no way this celebration could possibly go wrong. What could possibly happen?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

“Execute order 66.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Is there any information if is an instanced zone or non intanced zone event like the player arrive the Crown Pavilion?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: vic.7065

vic.7065

Is there any information if is an instanced zone or non intanced zone event like the player arrive the Crown Pavilion?

I’m pretty sure the speech will be instanced just like the previous content.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Meh… cinematic with npc’s talking, and if scarlets appear will be another protect the Queen as we had on story against the corrupted soldier, playing an mmo w/o being an mmo…

i hope i am 140% wrong

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Meh… cinematic with npc’s talking, and if scarlets appear will be another protect the Queen as we had on story against the corrupted soldier, playing an mmo w/o being an mmo…

i hope i am 140% wrong

This is what I am hoping for: A cinematic showing the Queen being killed in the middle of her speech. Logan is desperate, but Anise tells us that wasn’t the real Queen, calming him down. Along with Logan and Anise, we go to a new 5-men dungeon where we are trying to get to her before the Aetherblades. When we finally find her, she is fighting Scarlet (the Queen is a powerful mesmer, so she would be able to keep herself alive for quite a long time). We then help the Queen defeating Scarlet.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

What a Twist. Again.
It’s not a story twist, if you use it every time. Let’s grind the new stuff. Next event and next “shocking” twist are coming soon.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kosai.7458

Kosai.7458

Humans: “Speech, Queen Jennah! Speech!”

Logan: “Speech!”

Jennah: “My dear Thackerays and Anises, Brahams and Roxes, Trahearnes, and Caudecas’s.” [cheers]

Caudecus: “Caudecus!”

[Humans laugh. Jennah waves dismissively.]

Jennah: “Today is my tenth jubilee!”

Humans: “Happy jubilee!”

Human: “Alas, ten years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable humans.” [cheers abound.] “I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

[There is a dead silence from the crowd. They gaze at each other blank-faced, trying to figure out if they were just insulted. Trahearne smiles.]

Jennah: “I, uh, I h-have things to do.” [fidgets with the Ring behind her back. Whispers to herself] “I’ve put this off for far too long.”

Jennah: [to the crowd] “I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell.” [whispers to Logan] “Goodbye.”

[Jennah puts the Ring on and vanishes.]