Stay in the map you start in!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

This is just a tip that I hope might help folks who are looking to complete the “Invasion Canceler” Achievement.. Don’t Switch maps! Don’t “Join in Overflow” on your friends..

I just completed the Achievement last night, my last two zones were Timberline Falls and Blazeridge Steppes. Every other zone that I got credit for, was a zone where I stayed in the exact same map the whole time.. The above two maps, I joined with other friends half way through the event..

Its not a sure thing.. But I am hearing other people say the same thing, and anything that can increase your chances of completing the achievement is worth a shot.. No?

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I do not have any problems and I keep switching to join friends.

Verify that:
- You did not have the achievement for that map yet (if so, it will not count)
- You did not have completed it that day (for the reward)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

It’s likely a factor, however it is by far not the cause completely. I have had to repeat the same map 3 times before I would get credit. The first time not in overflow, the other 2 were. I did not transfer midway once. I even took part in every event I could.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

That’s not the cause. The first time I did Blazeridge I stayed in the zone the entire time and it still didn’t count toward any of my achieves. That zone in particular seems to have issues for a lot of people, it’s mentioned in almost every one of these threads.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

I’m not saying thakittens the Only cause, there are probably many causes as to why people are not getting credit for the event, this is just one possible reason to not get the event credit.

The first time i did both of these maps, I was fully invested in the event, but I “Joined” a friend mid way through, and didn’t get credit.. The second time I did these maps, I may have not participated enough to get credit. The 3rd time, I didn’t change maps, and I participated fully.. that was the time I got credit.

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

(edited by Rizalee.4593)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I’ve had friends join me when there was 15 minutes left (they weren’t even in the event) and it counted for them. One thing, though, it was stated by a dev somewhere that aetherblade and molten (or the resurrected minions) don’t count for the event completion achievement, so if you join an event and do nothing but kill aetherblade, for example, you will get event completion but won’t advance the achievement window. Might be what is happening, that you enter into a map where the aetherblade already showed up and do nothing but kill them.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.