Stuck in overflow, can't access event

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Loks.1584

Loks.1584

As soon as an invasion starts on a specific map, the map fills up and then boat loads of people get stuck in overflow, understandably.

The problem is that the event doesn’t take place on the overflow server. It shows the red message “Scarlet’s minions are not attacking this world. Please return to your home world when prompted”. Hence, all of us stuck on the overflow server are missing the event.

Will there be a fix for that problem? Will the event take place also on the overflow server?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ian.6938

Ian.6938

Same problem I can’t get into events. How am I going to get my clockwork chaos achievements?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If you move the the map within the first 10 minutes of the map being attacked, every overflow created in that 10 minute window is supposed to also have the event. As long as you move to the map within 10 minutes of the event starting you should be fine.

It’s incredibly lame to be moved to an overflow without the event (even more so if lag disconnects you and you re-enter into one) but they did create a work around for some people. I don’t think it’s perfect and I’m not enjoying being moved to an overflow without the event because I didn’t act within the first 10 minutes (for a variety of reasons) but it’s not unworkable.

What I don’t understand is, why doesn’t every overflow that spawns after the event begins have the event? What’s the harm in creating an overflow with the event 1 minute before the normal map’s event ends? I can understand that it might get confusing if an overflow map has the invasion event when a new invasion event is beginning on another map, but the alternative is paying to WP across the world to an empty map and waiting an hour before you can participate.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

This happened to me as well. Pretty lame.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hopefully these’ll get ironed out. giving ANet a few days or even to a week to smooth everything out. it’s a fun event and pertty neat way of integrating more people going across the world.

though… too many time-gated stuff, over limited periods of time, and now yuo have to eb there on the dot or risk missing out on content? i’d surely want people be able to readily experience this awesome content that you’ve put the hard work into creating.

more content like this, less gimmicky methods of being able to experience them or reach them… that’s my stance at the moment. yet to be convinced otherwise. XDDDD

bottom line, just hoping everyoen gets to experience the content when they can. if it’s skill based? that’s fine, people just have to practice. if it’s time-gated, limited and chance based? not so sure about that.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Edan.6210

Edan.6210

I went in mainflow and played like 30 mins, all of a sudden a wild crash appeared, got kicked and can never get back in to claim my achievements or rewards.

Well done man.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: rodo.1840

rodo.1840

1.I dont get the point why events not start in overflow map.
2.I cant doing the event with my friends, the game splitting the party on overflow channels. This was the notion of Anet about MMO-s? Go and farm alone (no i dont care the 2million stranger who runin around me, i want to play with my friends.), be happy if u have enough luck to see new content? I dont think that was mean “fun”.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pyx.1906

Pyx.1906

Here is a complete list of reasons why they should put people in an overflow area (I just waited 20 minutes in one) when there is no hope of playing anything:

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: shambo.3842

shambo.3842

1.I dont get the point why events not start in overflow map.
2.I cant doing the event with my friends, the game splitting the party on overflow channels. This was the notion of Anet about MMO-s? Go and farm alone (no i dont care the 2million stranger who runin around me, i want to play with my friends.), be happy if u have enough luck to see new content? I dont think that was mean “fun”.

but you can play with your friends. just party together and if you get separated. right click there portrait and goto there overflow server.

and yes its very annoying to goto the map being attacked and can’t do the event because i’m stuck on an overflow its not on.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

but you can play with your friends. just party together and if you get separated. right click there portrait and goto there overflow server.

Not always. If your friends overflow server is full, you can’t get in to that one either.

Planning to use Overflow to host these events is looking like a fairly bad idea.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

This is.. The stupidest, stupidest, STUPIDEST thing I’ve ever seen. It just happened to me, too. :/ A-Net please, this is really underwhelming given all the effort you’ve put in..

I ? Karkas.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dark Adonis.5096

Dark Adonis.5096

ive got kids and a large family.. multiple wives/gfs and my time is somewhat limited .. ive been trying since noon when the event started and i havnt been able to join due to being stuck in overflow… ive been playing since day one and honestly feel like this is a load of bullkitten.. when ff14 releases later this month im gone. very tired of the way this game is managed and thats horrible cause this game is soooooo good…. have fun getting beat down ANET

OH AND FYI……. your designers working on the skins need to be fired.. the weapon and armor skins are horrible.. they all look like kitten

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I also have an overflow problem. I can’t play that game for the whole day only to join the first 10 minutes… but then again it might calm down in a few days and we still have a lot of days to do the achievements.

(But there still might be a lot of people just to farm – so easy to farm there).

Joined to Vabbi – a low population server. There was no overflow and a lot of people… and of course out of 3 events 3 failed… because there were not enough people or many only joined late and it was slow.