Swift Closer achievement

Swift Closer achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

given i’ve only done… 4 invasions so far, i can’t seem to get this achieve. any tips? or did it just happen naturally for u guys?

i assume it’s best done in the first wave, since 2nd and 3rd, aether and molten are introduced.

after i close the first portal, which is when timer starts i assume, do i have to finish 4 more portal closings from start to finish? or can i just do enough damage for credit and move on to the next event to get it kickstarted earlier?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Swift Closer achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

You can do enough damage for credit and move on, you just need to get a medal. Be warned that the achieve count is pretty buggy and it may take more than 5 for it to trigger.

Swift Closer achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

akamon.2769

thanks for the heads up. i’ll give that a shot and keep hitting up events until i eventually get it.

quite a lot of buggy achieve counts this time. ; ))

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Swift Closer achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

yeah it doesn’t sound like the achievement encourages a particularly helpful behavior from the individual, at least not early on.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Swift Closer achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

akamon.2769

agreed. the same with mini-game achievements. ://
though at least in this case, there is SOME benefit to not having every single person on map at the same event. it really is a divide and conquer type deal. at times, i would hit up events where there is no commander tag and there may just be a few of us thre and we’d clear the events up much faster – which afaik, gives decent “progress” to taking out their remaining forces. though, this one time it was just two of us and vets still spawned and we got overwhelmed lol. so maybe a small group of 5+ would be ideal.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Swift Closer achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There’s some speculation that waypointing may “stealth reset” the counter, so if you can, try dealing enough damage to get credit for the event, and then move on to the next portal, but without waypointing. Finding a zone where multiple portals are clustered in a relatively small area may help.

Still haven’t gotten this achievement either, for the record.

Swift Closer achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Waypointing does not seem to reset the counter at all, as far as I can tell. Went to 5 different portals on all bunches of sections for Lornar’s Pass, and cleared them all. I got it on the 5th one, so I’m pretty sure waypointing within the map doesn’t reset the counter or anything.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Swift Closer achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

akamon.2769

thanks, both Zaxares and Ryu. i’ve been on some maps where a lot of events spawn and they are relatively close to one another. so that’s always an option if you want to play it safe. THOUGH, very good to know that WPing doesn’t reset anything.

Ryu – so you stayed from start to finish for all of them? : ))

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Swift Closer achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

The way i got this, is that I went to an event where are a group of people, killed several. Then moved on to another one. Easy.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…