This event has brought out the worst of GW2

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zophie.2618

Zophie.2618

my problem isn’t the event but that the farmers keep those of us who WANT to do the event out… 5 hrs and ive been unable to get into ANY event do do any achievements… this is why this the only major problem w the living world event; they don’t care about the overflows at all and every achieve can’t be done unless your lucky enough to get into an event so there’s a very big chance of not getting the meta done just because we can’t get in.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I don’t really think that this has “brought out the worst in GW2.” Rather, it highlights the total cluelessness of the people plotting the direction of this game. It should have been readily apparent that creating a game environment where there were two fairly radical different objectives, but where both objectives required cooperation among the majority of players, would create a rift in the player base. Even if the devs weren’t astute enough to figure this out themselves, they had a highly visible example in the form of Conquest in the game Rift, where players were constantly at each other’s throats because the rewards for winning each match were different than the rewards for farming. I find Anet’s lack of insight here astounding.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I don’t really think that this has “brought out the worst in GW2.” Rather, it highlights the total cluelessness of the people plotting the direction of this game.

I disagree with the first statement, but very much agree with the second. Any “get rich quick” scheme DOES bring out the worst in many people, over and over again. But since it HAS happened over and over, you’d think that the devs would at least expect and try to plan for it now. Instead they only seem to do anything about it once certain “hardcore” players have already been exploiting those opportunities for days and weeks. The lesson here is, sadly: rush into and through content ASAP and you’ll be stinking rich. If you don’t do that, for any reason, you get left further and further behind.

Though I’m at a loss how to fix the issue on general principle. One would be to make gold less important, but the cynic in me says they NEED gold to be important to get people to buy gems. And without a subscription fee to keep the game alive, they do very much need another way to get people to spend money, no argument about that.