Where to find portal components?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ll Acer ll.4268

ll Acer ll.4268

I know this should be really obvious, but I’ve done numerous invasions and I always pick up loot and talk to Vogg after a portal is closed, but I have no idea where the portal components are. Can someone please guide me in the right direction? Thanks.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/20/gw2-emissary-vorpps-field-assistant-achievement-guide/
A guide for you

gw2-portal-invasion-closerr-emissary-vorpp’s-field-assistant-guide-2

4) Portal Component Procurer – 1 pt

You will need to get the following 3 components. Make sure you are in a large enough zerg so the champions spawn instead of veterans.
Focusing crystal from a champion Aetherblade Pirate Captain
Oscillating Diaphragm from Champion Twisted Nightmare
Translator Beacon from one of her larger portals (i..e portals that spawn champions will usually work, you will probably get this when you get the other two crystals).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

One drops from a Champion Twisted Nightmare, another drops from an Aetherblade Captain and the last should drop upon event completion of any minion portal.

They won’t drop if the achievement is still locked (need the achieve for clearing 5 invasions first), and they might not start dropping if you don’t talk to Vorpp with the hologram communicator, but it’s a little late for me to test that theory.

in Clockwork Chaos

ll Acer ll.4268

Well Vorpp still tells me he needs “scans from five of her invasions as they end” (so I guess I got ahead of myself actually). I’m assuming this means I need to do 5 full invasions then, but is there a way to check my progress? Thanks for the help, by the way.

edit: Actually, is it Portal Closer? Because I’ve finished that but it still gives me the same text above.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Yes, 5 invasions on different maps.

It should tell you how many more you need on the achievements tab

edit: no it is not portal closer (5 event portals), it is Portal Invasion Closer (5 full invasions)

Check under Vorpp’s tab under living world achievements

(edited by Sobat.8650)

in Clockwork Chaos

ll Acer ll.4268

Yes, 5 invasions on different maps.

It should tell you how many more you need on the achievements tab

edit: no it is not portal closer (5 event portals), it is Portal Invasion Closer (5 full invasions)

Okay I see it. Thanks again. I don’t know why I couldn’t figure this stuff out, lol

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chew Magna.4830

Chew Magna.4830

I was having this same problem. Most of the guides out there don’t say anything about having to do 5 invasions first before the items start to drop. They just say “do invasions, get parts.”