Why I think Queen Jennah is going to die

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

Reasons: 1. Makes for a better story
2. What else could happen
3. Would be a huge thing like Anet is saying is going to happen
Now before you say it interferes with personal story, Anet just has to say Personal Story came before Living Story everything in Personal Story is in the past. Besides officially in living story, zhaitian is dead and gone so why can’t the same happen to Queen Jennah

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Neko.7548

Neko.7548

Logan: ……….

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Baron Von Graymouse.7801

Baron Von Graymouse.7801

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Queen is not going to die. She is apart of the Human Personal Story. They can not and will not kill off a major character that effects the core storyline of GW2.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

I can make a thread like this too:

Why I think Queen Jennah is Kormir:

1. They said what she reveals will change the game world forever. Therefore, if she’s one of the 6 gods and reveals herself as such, the world will instantly change. None of the other 5 gods care about humans or Tyria in general very much, so only Kormir really makes sense with this.
2. She is part of the personal storyline – so she can’t die, because players who then see her will get confused.
3. Who else could summon up hundreds of mesmer illusions all throughout the huge crown pavilion all at once?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

3. Who else could summon up hundreds of mesmer illusions all throughout the huge crown pavilion all at once?

Not Kormir :p

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

Not Kormir :p

Okay, fine Jennah and Anise are Ilya and Lyss, the twins called Lyssa. Of course, this is a conspiracy thread, so I’m just making up things that sounds like they might be legitimate when they probably aren’t.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I agree with Baron, Queen Jennah isn’t going anywhere. It sure seems like some people would like to see her die though….twisted people :-P

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

I agree with Baron, Queen Jennah isn’t going anywhere. It sure seems like some people would like to see her die though….twisted people :-P

It’s because of her disgusting dirty feet she keeps flashing all over the place.

in Clockwork Chaos

PolarisNova.3867

It’s because of her disgusting dirty feet she keeps flashing all over the place.

She’s the queen she can do whatever she wants!

But yeah….she could have done something with her hair (and put on some shoes).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ruby Highfarm.6073

Ruby Highfarm.6073

Im not aware who said it, but someone at Anet said that Personal Story is in the past, while as Living Story is now…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Queen is not going to die. She is apart of the Human Personal Story. They can not and will not kill off a major character that effects the core storyline of GW2.

Bwahahahaha. So no significant characters will ever die?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Hahahaha can you imagine Logan’s reaction? Oh my gosh, I REALLY want to see it XD
He’d blame himself and become suicidal. Which, under normal circumstances, would be sad, but when it’s Logan…
I really hope Queen Jenna dies.

in Clockwork Chaos

PolarisNova.3867

All of you hoping so much with your sweet hearts that Queen Jennah will meet her death, will be sorely disappointed.

She’s going nowhere! You forget she is one of the most powerful mesmers around, and you all know how hard mesmers are to take out generally. So keep dreaming.

;-)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i hope Kralkatorrik re-appears and chomps her

ironic, hm?

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

you all know how hard mesmers are to take out generally. So keep dreaming.

;-)

Well, you d better never go to PvP\WvW. It will destroy your dreams. She should be bunker engi or spirit ranger.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I hope the Special Forces group of the Commando Class comes in and raids every home area and takes every personal characters family hostage. Kills off every major leader and crowns the new leader appropriately

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Also, Every person in the game must surrender their profession and become a Commando as well. Starting off as the first basic rank “Grunt”

Attachments:

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

Don’t forget about her class.
She is a powerful Mesmer. She can use blink or stealth and she can use her clones to manipulate and shatter ;D

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I hope she dies…. mostly because she is a mesmer… but also because it would make for an interesting story, and add some much needed drama and bloodshed.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Clockwork Chaos

PolarisNova.3867

There are some dark souls in this thread :-P Keep dreaming. It’s not going to happen.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

Says who? The devs are more powerful than the gods of Tyria. They could easily get people to rerecord personal story dialogue that changes the story or make new people record new dialogue that keeps it the same albeit with new characters.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Don’t forget about her class.
She is a powerful Mesmer. She can use blink or stealth and she can use her clones to manipulate and shatter ;D

well with the current meta she will most likely be one shot by a necro, warrior or thief whil the spiritranger shoots her from far and the engi blows her up due to no stability and lack of condition cleaning. ;-p

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

I agree that they can’t kill her off due to her being tied to the Personal Story lines, but what they could do is have Anise have prior knowledge of an assassination attempt via intelligence circles she has ties to. Have video of Jenna giving her speech. Assassination goes off. Shooter is obviously in the Book Depositary of Divinity’s Reach. Shooter runs off. Body is in the sole custody of Anise as the video starts to fade, a second before it fades out, the body shatters like an illusion. Most people will miss it. NPCs then talk about multiple shooters but have no evidence of it.

Proceed with the Story Line. Involve Logan ranting and running around like a lunatic trying to catch the shooter with him ultimately having a mental breakdown. When Logan comes to terms with what happen a new patch comes out where Jenna is living. Explains it was done by Anise and herself to lure out the powers that be into a false sense of security, and to find out who is making the play for power.

At that point Rylock walks up to Logan and points and laughs at him(Nelson style) and walks away.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Why do People hate Logan and Queen Jenna? Personally, I love them both. People say Logan is a coward, which is far from true, he still put his life in danger, he still ran to battle; its just he prioritized love and country over killing a dragon. People say Logan has no personality, which is also a lie; he’s passionate about the queen and Kryta, haunted by regret and taking the blame for Snaff’s death, and is a the strict serious Seraph commander he should be. As for Queen Jenna, she’s at the forefront for breaking down walls between races, without her, the Ebenhawk treaty would fail, and the only political leader I’ve seen with more invested effort in taking down the dragons is the pale tree. Hell, you don’t even meet the char or norm leaders in personal story, and the Asura could care less. She’s a good, hard working queen, who obviously cares about her people, so I don’t understand why everybody hates her?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Starting off as the first basic rank “Grunt”

Which, oddly enough, is what every single one of their utility skills is called.

Why do People hate Logan?

Logan gets Asuras killed, and is annoyingly obsessed with the Queen. He also has silly hair, and oh, it’s “cool” to hate on Logan.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Jennah won’t die… it’s ridiculous. If she dies it will change the whole human storyline.

I think that Scarlet wants to give a lesson to the citizens of Divinity’s Reach. If she really wanted to kill Jennah, she could do it in the Crown Pawilon.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Why do People hate Logan?

Logan gets Asuras killed, and is annoyingly obsessed with the Queen. He also has silly hair, and oh, it’s “cool” to hate on Logan.

I disagree, the reason Logan won’t stop ranting about the queen is because Rhitlock wont stop blaming him for Snaff’s death. A lot of the passion expressed when he mentions the queen is not just out of love, but guilt, the strain it puts on him, and his desire to be forgiven. She’s become not only the object of his desire, but also the anchor that dragged him to the bottom of the see. I think he realistically represents all the proper emotions given the situation.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

LOL, it makes for a very interesting story plot, plus it would make her mini worth a lot of gold all of a sudden, supposing it’s tradable !

I hope she does get killed !
at least this once the gnashville crowd might get their wish at least partially.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Or…. What if she is already dead…. And this is the Underworld…

But all movie references aside. What if she was an undead queen, it would make sense that in the human personal story interesting things happen. If she was truly not undead she would have allied with the other racial leaders – since they all hate the elder dragons that much, and ordered a hit on Zhaitan. Instead she is worried about “preserving her people”. All context leads me to believe she is going to make a huge sacrifice of all the people in DR to revive Zhaitan.

But all my remaining sarcasm aside – she probably won’t die – she may simply move from DR to LA and assume world control. Remember that the last bastion of the royals (Salma, the child of the king and an unwed priestess) dec;ared Lion’s Arch her home. To have Jennah not in LA is odd…

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I’ve said this other times, the Queen is inmune to death:

- Characters from Personal Storyline can’t die in the open world or the living story or it would be really confusing to have them there when “current events” say they’re dead.

- Characters that appear in the real world can’t die as part of the personal storyline as seeing them around when you just saw their death in your story would be really confusing.

That’s why certain beloved characters or Zhaitan only appear in story instances for example, so they can be killed there without causing confusion when you see them walk around in the open world. Same happened to GW1 characters that died or simply where on the move all the time, you always had to go outside of outposts to instanced areas to talk to them for quests.

The Queen fits both conditions, so basically she can’t be killed anywhere unless the game as a whole gets a super update (changing the state of the world in ways that contradict Personal Storyline, like Orr being cleansed) with the Personal Story becoming a “flashback of what happened before all of this” thing, but so far I doubt they’re going on that direction.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I really hope we see a lot more deaths of Personal Story character just so we never have to see that stupid argument ever again. People who are spouting that are making stuff up and it’s time we end it. No-where did ArenaNet say that Personal Story is untouchable, it doesn’t even make sense – it goes against the concept of the Living World.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

I really hope we see a lot more deaths of Personal Story character just so we never have to see that stupid argument ever again. People who are spouting that are making stuff up and it’s time we end it. No-where did ArenaNet say that Personal Story is untouchable, it doesn’t even make sense – it goes against the concept of the Living World.

I think thats the opposite of what they said. The developers for the Living Story claimed they had to balance where people are in their current personal story with world events (Living Story). They didn’t say they would’nt kill off a major character, but they implied that they would NOT break the continuity of the personal story with a change in world events. A death IS a break in continuity.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Simply put, she won’t die because it would cause confusion with the Human personal story. In the end, she will remain the Queen for a long time.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Clockwork Chaos

Shiren.9532

Any development of a plot from the Personal Story would “break continuity”.

At a glance here are plots that can never be touched according to these claims:

The human/charr treaty (it’s part of a Vigil story).
Ebonhawke (part of a Vigil story).
Minister Caudecus (his plot is part of the human story, the Order of Whispers story and Caudecus Manor story).
Demmi Beetlestone (part of an Order of Whispers story).
The Flame Legion Imperator (they can never have a new leader because one of the explorable paths is to prevent Gaheron from resurrecting and another path is to prevent a new leader from taking over).
Every aspect of the war on Zhaitan (all the undead across Tyria are part of this).
The entire continent of Orr.
The people of the five lesser races that you aid as part of your order (grawl, hylek, ogre, quaggan, skritt).
Anything that happened in a story mode dungeon (if human personal story is off limits, it ends at level 20, the first story mode dungeon takes place in the time line at level 30).
Faolain (she’s part of Twilight Arbor) which would also prevent any meaningful presence of the Nightmare Court because the story can’t recognise the events of the dungeon.

It simply doesn’t make sense to section off the Personal Story because it explores almost the entire world. There’s plenty of stuff that isn’t touched on specifically, but the Personal Story penetrates the game so deeply, they simply can’t section it off. They’ve already crossed the line with Flame and Frost. Why was Gaheron Baelfire not involved in any way with the Molten Alliance? Because he’s dead.

I can flat out show you that the Living Story takes place after the Personal Story. They’ve actually used a Personal Story moment as a plot thread in the Opening Ceremony.

Logan Thackeray: Ha! The watchknight is formidable, Your Majesty, but I’m not quite ready to declare it your new champion.
Watchknight (Rytlock): I could say the same about YOU, human. Crawling back for forgiveness, Logan?

The Watchknight says this to Logan when it takes on the form of Rytlock. Logan later on says that Rytlock said those words once before.

Rox: And if you don’t mind me saying, the real Tribune Brimstone would never’ talk to a comrade like that. I know it.
Logan Thackeray: Except he did. Once upon a time, he said those very words to me.

Rox: Oh. Well, er…he wouldn’t say them again. I just know it.

So when did he say those words? Was it in the book? Was it in some confrontation we haven’t seen yet? It was in the Personal Story. Every player experiences this scene if they do their personal story. It can be seen in A Fragile Peace, Stealing Secrets or Dredging up the Past. It’s the scene where Destiny’s Edge reunite in Lion’s Arch and fight.

Logan Thackeray: When I agreed to come, I didn’t know you’d be inviting this CHARR.
Rytlock Brimstone: I could say the same for YOU, human. Finally crawling back for forgiveness, Logan?

The Personal Story is officially past events at this point, not only that, but the writers are picking up on events that happened in it and they are using them in the Living Story now. The relationship of Logan and Rytlock appears to be where it was after Arah, after the reconciliation.

The Queen is fair game.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

@Shiren

There are only 2 ways all those things can happen (well, some of them can be touched without affecting Personal Story in fact):

- What I mentioned about the world being changed and Personal Storyline being presented as “flashbacks”.

- With an expansion so all that can happen in “Personal Storyline”.

Intanced Story and Open World story can’t make each other drastically change, that’s a golden rule on game design (I’m talking from the perspective of someone ending his VG desgin and development studies, and there are a huge lot of examples out there, including the first GW). If you kill PS major characters in the open world, everyone either new to the game, starting a character from that race or doing story for the first time would be really confused and nothing will make sense at all.

Basically either a mega update changes the world to the next iterarion and PS becomes flashbacks like when our GW1 chracters tried to complete early level missions from a continent where they weren’t born (and it is too soon for making the main storyline “part of the past”, also probably with so much time spent on monthly content they didn’t have time to expend on changing the whole world), or we get an expansion (which in part would also cause the other scenario).

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Clockwork Chaos

Shiren.9532

From the Living World post from Colin back in July:

“What about events that can permanently change the world and create stories to share for years into the future? Isn’t that truly what is required to achieve the concept of a truly living world?

Our answer to all that: Hell yeah!"

Everything is fair game as we progress and expand the range of stories, events, and experiences in the living world of Guild Wars 2. We’ll refine and update existing content and locations, we’ll overhaul our explorable dungeons to make them more exciting, update our reward systems, add new fractals, create new activities, and turn our world’s giant bosses into even more epic encounters.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-world-in-guild-wars-2/

Personal Story is preserved in instances. Most parts of the world have no problem co-existing with this. The only part of the world which stands out as being tied to the Personal Story is Orr.

There’s no guarantee we will even see an expansion. The Living World might be how they end up dealing with high level content updates.

ArenaNet keep talking about how they don’t want to make another MMO by the books. Maybe they don’t want to do what everyone is being taught to do?

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SlyFoxSays.5342

SlyFoxSays.5342

If they kill Jennah off, they have to do something about the link to King Doric and the bloodstones. She’s supposed to be protecting them or something…

“You must always know where your towel is.”