Why can't I participate in the LS?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lickage.7318

Lickage.7318

So, I tried to join the events a couple of times but every time I join the map one of the 2 things happen.

1, I join my homeworld, but during the event I get dc’d and placed in the overflow where the event is not taking place.

2, I end up straight in the overflow where no event is taking place.

So why is Anet trying to keep me out of LS?

My opinion is that this is by far the worst designed LS so far if they can’t anticipate the amount of partecipations…

Kaelyn Nightfall – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Gandara
Note: English is my second language

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Join within 10 minutes of the invasion and you’re good to go. Invasions start at the beginning of every hour.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Join within 10 minutes of the invasion and you’re good to go. Invasions start at the beginning of every hour.

That’s not guaranteed – there were like 6 of us in an overflow instance in Hirathi Hinterlands this afternoon. We were there for easily 30 minutes prior to the hour. The event never triggered, and we were never pulled out of overflow (nor prompted). I’ve run the event three times, and this was the only time I had that happen; so it’s likely intermittent.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Why does the timer in the upper right still indicate that you can participate in the event if you actually can’t?

If 10 minutes has passed and I can’t get into the zone to participate, then the timer should not be misleading me.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

That’s not guaranteed – there were like 6 of us in an overflow instance in Hirathi Hinterlands this afternoon. We were there for easily 30 minutes prior to the hour. The event never triggered, and we were never pulled out of overflow (nor prompted). I’ve run the event three times, and this was the only time I had that happen; so it’s likely intermittent.

You don’t want to be in overflow BEFORE the event, you want to get into one that was created <10 minutes after the start of the event. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, but if you’re in an overflow before the event starts it definitely won’t start in that overflow.

in Clockwork Chaos

Esplen.3940

You don’t want to be in overflow BEFORE the event, you want to get into one that was created <10 minutes after the start of the event. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, but if you’re in an overflow before the event starts it definitely won’t start in that overflow.

Sorry for the confusion. This guy knows what I meant.

If you need to get out of your overflow, simply relog.

Additionally, do NOT leave your Overflow if the event is started in your overflow. There is no guarantee that your home world hasn’t completed it already and you are risking a lot by leaving your overflow if the event has started.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

I have been dc’d on several occasions because of ISP issues (lost connection to server). Naturally, I was in an overflow area to begin with, but don’t think it really matters in the long run. Naturally, the dc occurs long enough after the 10 min window, so when I DO get logged back in, I’m flat out of luck.

Is there a fix for this?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Paelex.9370

Paelex.9370

I’m pretty upset by this too as well as I can’t get into the Crown Pavilion to complete the gauntlet until i do this stupid living story. It’s very annoying not being able to complete not one but two LS events because of a design scheme flaw even a 5 year old could spot (I know one told me “why don’t they just make it happen everywhere?”) >.> Now I can’t get my Liadri mini because I can’t get into the pavilion nor can I get anything done for the clockwork chaos event. I fully expect the Gauntlets achievements to be doable after the event ends, as a permanent addition to the game. If not that’s just a stupid design to deliberately lock people out of participation and rewards!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

I’m pretty upset by this too as well as I can’t get into the Crown Pavilion to complete the gauntlet until i do this stupid living story. It’s very annoying not being able to complete not one but two LS events because of a design scheme flaw even a 5 year old could spot (I know one told me “why don’t they just make it happen everywhere?”) >.> Now I can’t get my Liadri mini because I can’t get into the pavilion nor can I get anything done for the clockwork chaos event. I fully expect the Gauntlets achievements to be doable after the event ends, as a permanent addition to the game. If not that’s just a stupid design to deliberately lock people out of participation and rewards!

They’ve already stated that the Gauntlet is a recurring event.

in Clockwork Chaos

Paelex.9370

I’ve heard the Gauntlet is staying but not if the achievements will stay too?

in Clockwork Chaos

Esplen.3940

I’ve heard the Gauntlet is staying but not if the achievements will stay too?

The achievements will be re-occuring like Super Adventure Box. In fact, there will be more Champions with re-releases.

in Clockwork Chaos

Paelex.9370

Well recurring is no good I want to get Liadri now. So if I can’t get into the gauntlet again before it is over then i can’t get mini without waiting who knows how long and it’s because of poor design. Should be permanent content. Constantly limited time period content is just silly. Especially difficult limited time frame content. It puts off casual players from wanting to play or spend money because they have to miss out on things. I use to spend a fair amount on Gems (easily a $100 a month sometimes more) to get gold in game. I’m a casual player because of work schedule and don’t have time for farming like all the “it’s easy to make money just spend all day farming and you’ll get 100g a day at least” people. Now with all this limited stuff I barely bother spending anything because unless i have a descent bit of time off from work there’s really no point in trying to keep up with rolling content. Sadly some of it is really fun content they are just tossing aside.

(edited by Paelex.9370)

in Clockwork Chaos

Esplen.3940

So… if you need to get it now, why are you posting on the forums instead of working towards getting the mini?

in Clockwork Chaos

Paelex.9370

The same reason as original topic poster. I can’t get into the events to complete Clockwork Chaos stuff so I’m not allowed into the Crown Pavilion….I waypointed straight to the Fields of Ruin as soon as it popped up as the location of attack at 6:00pm and still sucked into an overflow that doesn’t have it. It’s why I started posting to begin with it’s poorly designed locking you out of content participation and time limited to boot. I also never said I need it I said I want to get it now.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I have been dc’d on several occasions because of ISP issues (lost connection to server). Naturally, I was in an overflow area to begin with, but don’t think it really matters in the long run. Naturally, the dc occurs long enough after the 10 min window, so when I DO get logged back in, I’m flat out of luck.

Is there a fix for this?

Here is a work around. As soon as you get into a working overflow, join a group. Then if you DC you can log back into a non-working overflow then right click on a party members picture and choice to to join them. That will put you back to your proper overflow and you can continue. It worked for me several times.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You are wrong, the timings are WAY off and many of us are being left in a ZERO zone with no events!

This is the THIRD THREAD of this problem so far, and I, for one, am sick of the naysayers.

SYNC IT OR REMOVE the map travel!!!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: mars.3504

mars.3504

3rd time i’ve been kicked after 40 mins of game play and I get F#@k all for it

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: mars.3504

mars.3504

I just want to play the game. not get screwed around

in Clockwork Chaos

Esplen.3940

You are wrong, the timings are WAY off and many of us are being left in a ZERO zone with no events!

This is the THIRD THREAD of this problem so far, and I, for one, am sick of the naysayers.

SYNC IT OR REMOVE the map travel!!!

I don’t see how my timings are off. Every single invasion I have attempted to participate in has succeeded and I have participated in 16 invasions. I have joined both Overflows and my home world in partaking in events and have had succeeded greatly in both.

If you are having a problem, you might be interpreting something wrong or you may be in need of hardware help instead of software complaints.