Why do people want to win the event?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Idk maybe they feel accomplished when they succed but all i know is farming is worthless. Even farmers wont care about what they farmed given a few minutes, days, weeks, w/e they will eventually stop caring and move to the next mmo/farm and farm that. While some people actually enjoy these invasion they like running around and trying to succeed. To me farmers are just ruining that experience to fuel their own which can be done in many different parts of this game and other games without ruining someone else’s experience. Fun>farm for me so i always support those who like to have fun purely from just playing the game not farming worthless items even a farmer doesn’t care about.

It also seems that most people who want to complete the event are on limited time schedules due to RL. Were most farmers have no limited time schedule some have jobs, school, etc but most seem to have tons of free time available to them to farm so they are also wasting peoples time who actually have a limited amount of it.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

How about this, to get Vorpp’s quest done you have to kill 3 different champions and you need a big enough zerg to do that, so I DO NOT want to complete this event I want CHAMPS. But sadly nobody is doing the event anymore I don’t think I can complete it now. I still have 4 more events to finish to even GET to the champ part, so now I’m screwed

I managed to kill pretty much any champ in the invasions in groups of 10 randoms.
The twisted ones can be killed by 2 players in a reasonable amount of time, tho 7-8 would be more optional.
Just don’t run full zerk, so there is margin for error and bring some cr.
I admit, my full celestial altruistic shout guardian is not necessarily top tier in dps, but she can chew through pretty much anything without falling over. The only thing, which kills me from time to time is when I dive headfirst(and alone) into more than 10 veterans.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

Some people like to play the events and get all the achievements. If commanders go farming instead, this can be bothersome because people will follow the commander. My advice is to just don’t use the commander-tag if you’ll be farming the event.

However this problem seems to differ per server, as I only had this issue once on mine? i don’t play 24/7 though, so I can’t speak for the server entirely.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Some people like to play the events and get all the achievements. If commanders go farming instead, this can be bothersome because people will follow the commander. My advice is to just don’t use the commander-tag if you’ll be farming the event.

However this problem seems to differ per server, as I only had this issue once on mine? i don’t play 24/7 though, so I can’t speak for the server entirely.

It takes a very basic knowledge of the event to determine whether a cmdr is at something which progresses it or not. Literally no more than glancing at progress bars on the side of the screen, then at their icon on the map, and seeing whether they’re by the marker indicating something which still needs to be killed or not.

Either these people are there because that’s what they want to do, in which case they’re perfectly capable of finding it anyway but are likely just more focused now rather than spreading to various left-over events, or they’re bright like winter in Antarctica.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

WOW… The community has gone to kitten. Seriously? You wonder why people want to complete an event? Limited time, and because people want to what is it… Oh yes, play the game! Stop thinking about your champion loot and realize you are being plain selfish. Plus, you said about how you shouldn’t force somebody to play how you do. Yet that is the case with people like you, you go into a map. Don’t bother about the event, event fails and everybody gives up and ends up doing the same thing.

Grow up and think of others.

Why is killing stuff considered as not playing the game?
How is killing stuff that progresses the event bar considered as selfish? Even if killing stuff that does not progress the event bar, when losing the event gives pretty much the same thing as winning the event, why does it even matter at all?

I don’t see how farmers are forcing anyone to play how they do. The non-farmers can go to event locations that aren’t covered by the farmers to further progress the event; no one is stopping them from doing that. No one is shouting at them to join the farm group instead. Nothing is preventing them from playing the event as it’s meant to be.

YET, I see non-farmers attacking the farmers in chat almost every single invasion I join… It’s pretty sad, because generally I’d be on the side of the non-farmers, but people just take it too far with this event.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I want to complete it because I’ve been stuck on 12/13 for several days and I’ve attempted every single map since then without dcing/going to overflow/leaving zone/changing chars etc etc and I still haven’t found number 13. Of the 12 I have completed, only one has been given credit (I think, still not 100% sure if it counted that one or not) for failing. Other times I failed they were not counted.

Succeeding is basically the only option I have left.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: kinjiro.3251

kinjiro.3251

This is an honest question? Let’s break it down a bit for people who don’t understand the dynamics of this meta event.

1. The more you kill the more loot at the end of the event you get. (I.E. if you make it through first phase and barely kill anything in second you will get less loot then if you almost complete the third phase.) this is the world loot at the end of the event.
2. Killing Scarlet lets you attain even more loot and gold.
3. Getting through the whole event means you killed more mobs then failing the event which yields more loot and gold.

So again I ask is this truly an honest question?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I want to complete it because I’ve been stuck on 12/13 for several days and I’ve attempted every single map since then without dcing/going to overflow/leaving zone/changing chars etc etc and I still haven’t found number 13. Of the 12 I have completed, only one has been given credit (I think, still not 100% sure if it counted that one or not) for failing. Other times I failed they were not counted.

Succeeding is basically the only option I have left.

I don’t know, in my experience failing an event still counted towards the 13/13 achievement.

This is an honest question? Let’s break it down a bit for people who don’t understand the dynamics of this meta event.

1. The more you kill the more loot at the end of the event you get. (I.E. if you make it through first phase and barely kill anything in second you will get less loot then if you almost complete the third phase.) this is the world loot at the end of the event.
2. Killing Scarlet lets you attain even more loot and gold.
3. Getting through the whole event means you killed more mobs then failing the event which yields more loot and gold.

So again I ask is this truly an honest question?

This is how it goes:
-Phase 1: Everyone works together to get phase 1 done as fast as possible.
-Phase 2: Either Aetherblades or Molten Alliance spawns here (let’s say MA spawns in this scenario). Farmers go on MA champion events, progressing the MA event bar, looting champion bags. Non-farmers go on regular events, progressing the main event bar. After the MA event bar has been drained, the farmers join the non-farmers to end phase 2.
-Phase 3: The farming group goes on Aetherblades, progressing the Aetherblades event bar. Non-farmers go on regular events, progressing the main event bar. After the Aetherblades event bar has been drained, the farmers join the non-farmers to end phase 3, and finish Scarlet.
In the case of failing the main event, either the farmers took too long to kill all the Aetherblades, or there weren’t enough non-farmers to complete the main event during that time.

In either situation, both the farmers and the non-farmers still win. Everyone gets their loot. Everyone gets their event end reward (1 extra bag for winning the event). Everyone gets progress towards their achievements (with the only exception being Scarlet Scrambler).

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Everyone gets progress towards their achievements (with the only exception being Scarlet Scrambler).

I wish this were true.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Just play the game people…

The petty bickering back and forth about what is right and what is not is so old, especially in map chat.

I’ve been witness to events failing, and it wasn’t because of farming. I mean Aetherblades spawned in the 2nd wave and were still there for the 3rd wave because the overflow was just either too bunched, filled with REALLY bad built toons, or didn’t fill enough. Either way, no one to really blame.

And for the people who like to map chat yell that we are too grouped together and spread out. Grab some of your friends and MOVE ALONG THEN! Stop yelling for others to move along and do it yourself.

I will continue to fight how I want in these events. I will kill champs when I see them, I will rez people who are downed (if your fully dead, just WP please), and sometimes I will even zone in and just stand there just to get the achievement. Don’t like it? O’ Well.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I think that a better design would have been to only have one champ spawn at the end of each wave and that each wave (other than the first one) requires both bars to be emptied.

That would mean that no matter how many players are in the zone, only 4 champs would spawn in total (including Scarlet) and that the champs would only be available after the win conditions are met for each wave.

That way both the farmers and the players would have to achieve the same goal.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

In the case of failing the main event, either the farmers took too long to kill all the Aetherblades, or there weren’t enough non-farmers to complete the main event during that time.

I seriously doubt there’d ever be ‘not enough’ on any but the deadest servers. The problem is they prefer to keep zerging, scaling up events and taking longer, then whine at farmers to go attack the events they aren’t able to cover at the reduced pace.

What they should be doing is splitting into smaller groups and thrashing the feeble minions that non-scaled events create.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CheckeredDeath.3849

CheckeredDeath.3849

For each bar you complete is how many bags at the end you get. Finish the first wave and aethers. You get two bags and so on and so on. Other than getting five bags there’s next to no reason for the need of the complete.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

For each bar you complete is how many bags at the end you get. Finish the first wave and aethers. You get two bags and so on and so on. Other than getting five bags there’s next to no reason for the need of the complete.

. . . and those bags are pretty much like Champion Loot Bags, I will say. So, decide as you will. I’ll be back to doing a few invasions tomorrow After my DR goes down again.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This is how it goes:
-Phase 1: Everyone works together to get phase 1 done as fast as possible.
-Phase 2: Either Aetherblades or Molten Alliance spawns here (let’s say MA spawns in this scenario). Farmers go on MA champion events, progressing the MA event bar, looting champion bags. Non-farmers go on regular events, progressing the main event bar. After the MA event bar has been drained, the farmers join the non-farmers to end phase 2.
-Phase 3: The farming group goes on Aetherblades, progressing the Aetherblades event bar. Non-farmers go on regular events, progressing the main event bar. After the Aetherblades event bar has been drained, the farmers join the non-farmers to end phase 3, and finish Scarlet.

In either situation, both the farmers and the non-farmers still win.

If only everyone was a clear headed as you defined it. Earlier today I did a Frostgorge overflow and we didn’t even make it out of the second wave. It wasn’t a lack of people, it was having 4 pins tracking each farming location together. Also, calling out in map chat every champ they found. Which is my retort to those saying farmers don’t tell people how to play. Constantly calling out champs in telling people to come here. That this is what’s important. That here’s a champ and I (the farmer) need help killing it quick.

The dev’s screwed the event up by not equipping Minions with decent enough drops. Or, all of these events should take place in an overflow with a specific set of loot tables. Ones balancing or completely removing champion box drops.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

When you create an environment where doing [A] is more lucrative than doing [B], and the difference is not even close, you cannot be shocked when a large section of the population will flip the bird at the consequences and start doing [A]… especially when the consequences to [A] are negligible, if non-existent.

So, I really kinda pin the issue on BOTH Arena.net AND farmers. Yes, the farmers are being fairly selfish by putting their farming ahead of the larger goal.

But Arena.net… guys… come on, you KNOW by now that is what farmers DO. This behavior is NOT new. It should NOT be a surprise. And to develop a reward system that gives you far greater incentive to fail than to succeed is really poor design.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i’m now very much doubting the ability of ANET game tester before they deploy their patches.

they failed at foreseeing that people will farm Deadeye (before they patched it). they failed again to see that people will upscale events and farm champions instead of going for the main event goal…….

well…. in before they nerf the loot box/chest/bags……..!!!!

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mr Cranch.3768

Mr Cranch.3768

If you don’t get to Scarlet, it does not count as a stopped invasion. You can fail on Scarlet and it counts but you have to get there (i.e. clear all waves).

And I’m sorry, but farming pirates after the pirate bar is cleared but the minion bar is still there is just selfish. We lost yet another invasion this evening so that people could get their loot. There’s lots of loot in every wave. Stop holding things up and play the event. You still get your champs and everything else.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

I don’t understand…

1. achievement
2. a boss drop which has the best chance of precursors.

If everyone is doing minions like early on, you get nearly the same amount of champ drops. But then you get the boss drop as well. I’ve gotten some nice stuff from that. But that’s over, there is no way to convince people that the easy rout to less is not as good as the harder rout to better. Lazy always wins.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

So glad so many of you whiners have nothing to do with the way this event is run (you don’t work for Anet). I love this event. I love farming it. I love failing it. I love completing it. Meaning: I’m having fun regardless. Because you don’t know how to have fun without winning the entire event is not my or anyone else’s problem but your own. Deal with it and leave the rest of us alone.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

“You can play the way you want to play, but please be considerate and respectful of how others want to play.”

from http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1l59rn/clockwork_invasions_farming_and_completing/

i personally love to farm. nothing like getting them boxes and opening them all at the end. at the same time, if i see the possibility of the event being done, i’ll bet my behind i’m gonan do what i can as an individual to complete it. so i guess, in a sense, i can see both sides of the story.. bottom line is though, pls don’t harrass one another. it just makes things worse.

if you’re farming, there’s no need to call people out for wanting to finish the event. vice versa, if you’re wanting to complete, don’t spend the entire time callign out those who want to farm. go to another event that needs to get done, leave the farmers alone, don’t all clump up… don’t follow commander tags.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: locutus.7253

locutus.7253

Honestly i really cant understand all that fuzz of “farmer” versus “completionists”. During the last days i have done this event a lot of times partly to complete my achievements partly to farm for gold and in the whole time i have only seen 2 failed attempts to kill Scarlett although people have been heavily farming either on my mainserver or on the overflow i was in.

In my opinion this whole “farmers” vs “completionists” debate can quite easily be solved by competent commanders.
When the event starts all the groups start to kill the first wave as fast as possible as soon as the second wave starts the “farmers” start to farm the Aetherblades while organised groups of “completionists” kill the second wave of Scarlett`s minions.
With a lil bit of coordination (and by now almost everyone knows the event good enough to move between the spawns almost in their sleep) this can be achieved in very little time so that one of the commanders can then call a “Now lets farm the hell out of this place” and with enough time left after some farming the “completionists” return to killing the last wave of Scarlett`s minions (again on the command of one of the commanders) and in the end “farmers” and “completionists” meet at scarletts spawn kick the living hell out of her shake hands and meet again in 15 min.

No drama
No namecalling
Everyone is Happy

in Clockwork Chaos

akamon.2769

but not everyone will have the luxury to be on a map with commanders that do exactly as you described. server depending, timezone depending, and throw in Overflows into the mix.

one can argue though, you can always take up the mantle for that. just makes it easier if you have a tag.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Clockwork Chaos

locutus.7253

Very true what i described was an ideal situation but as you said yourself its not rly difficult for an individual even without a commander tag to call out teleport points and guide other people to certain portals .
Seeing how easy zergs are formed in this and many other games the horde mentality should pretty much ensure that u get enough people to coordinate a successful Scarlett event

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

lol

Because the goal would be to win..?

I’m pretty sure they didn’t want you to intentionally fail the event for farming. The consolation prize is to reward your effort if you fail.

But, this is why we can’t have nice things.

You panzies remember that if they end up nerfing this or if the next living story the formula changes; it’s your own fault.

Stay classy, pr0 farmers.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

lol
Because the goal would be to win..?
I’m pretty sure they didn’t want you to intentionally fail the event for farming. The consolation prize is to reward your effort if you fail.
But, this is why we can’t have nice things.
You panzies remember that if they end up nerfing this or if the next living story the formula changes; it’s your own fault.
Stay classy, pr0 farmers.

I think people don’t realize that winning only feels satisfying the first few times. If I’m going to grind out those kittened RNG achievements, I rather be doing it farming aetherblades, than consistently winning a meta-event with a poor reward and an unsatisfying finish.

Let us pr0 farmers do our thing. Meanwhile, the rest of you lot can waste your time being an achiever.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If ANet wanted me to care about beating it every time, Briar kills would grant 2 rares every time.

ANET has flat out told me in the language of reward I should not care about beating her more than once per day.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Clockwork Chaos

akamon.2769

@locutus – yea. i think out fo all the invasions i’ve done – not a whole lot, 11/13 so far with 3, 4 repeats of maps for whatever reason. there’s only been ONE case, where i ported to an event and no one was there an no one showed up for a good 2 mins. another time it was just me and this other guy, and the multiple vets proved to be slightly difficult but shortly after, more came streaming in. and there was no tags around at all so i want to believe that there are people who are chasing where the zergs aren’t either.

a little respectful, constructive and polite communication in map chat can make all the difference. the nastier/whinier/disrespectful you are, the less inclinced people are to help your cause, whatever that may be. rifts between the comunity need to stop happening. you don’t have to agree with how others play, but there is definitely LESS need to belittle others for the same.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

So after failing the first event after the update, the number of boxes/bags rewarded was equal to succeeding the event. Assuming the rewards for winning wasn’t changed… ArenaNet is telling people to farm?

Failing again had even less rewards, only giving 2 masterwork deluxe boxes and 1 exotic bag.

(edited by Healix.5819)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Sometimes it glitches and you will receive the winning reward even though it was failed. Happened to me a few times.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Maybe the Completers should be more explicit in their instructions then. Instead of phrasing it as general requests to all players, say something like, “Completers, focus on Twisted portals. Leave Aetherblades/Molten to the farmers since they’ll progress it anyway.” Completers can then form groups of their own and use Party chat to head to specific zones to fight Twisted mobs there. (Nothing’s stopping them from completing AB/MA events along the way too, of course.)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lilo.8230

Lilo.8230

Turns out it was just because it was early morning US time and it seemed nobody was doing it anymore, but lo and behold late night US time everyone is still at it. Got my achievements done, now I’m sick of it, I’m not touching those events again, lol

Cub, Pye, Bay, Fir, Ona, Myci, Baiy, Eixx

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

If only everyone was a clear headed as you defined it. Earlier today I did a Frostgorge overflow and we didn’t even make it out of the second wave. It wasn’t a lack of people, it was having 4 pins tracking each farming location together. Also, calling out in map chat every champ they found. Which is my retort to those saying farmers don’t tell people how to play. Constantly calling out champs in telling people to come here. That this is what’s important. That here’s a champ and I (the farmer) need help killing it quick.

The dev’s screwed the event up by not equipping Minions with decent enough drops. Or, all of these events should take place in an overflow with a specific set of loot tables. Ones balancing or completely removing champion box drops.

Calling things out doesn’t mean ‘I need help killing it’, it means ‘this thing is here if you want it’. Having more people show up actually makes things harder in this case, but with that difficulty comes more champions and more rewards, so you benefit from helping others find it rather than trying to get it quickly before they arrive. Commanders also do it to make things simpler for people trying to keep track of them.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If you don’t get to Scarlet, it does not count as a stopped invasion. You can fail on Scarlet and it counts but you have to get there (i.e. clear all waves).

Untrue, even spectacular fails (failing when still during halfway of phase two) will still count for achievement completion.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Isn’t it a better question: why do you care so much about loot that you actively prevent others from winning the event. Yes, by farming you are actively slowing down the event instead of progressing fast. I’ve seen events fail with 25 minutes on the clock for the final wave, because of farmers. Saying well you can still succeed if you focus on minions is not a justification I want to hear, because it simply doesn’t work no matter how much you say it.

You want to farm, fine, but not at the expense of others, which is happening here.

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

Yes, by farming you are actively slowing down the event instead of progressing fast.

[citation needed]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

Isn’t it a better question: why do you care so much about loot that you actively prevent others from winning the event. Yes, by farming you are actively slowing down the event instead of progressing fast. I’ve seen events fail with 25 minutes on the clock for the final wave, because of farmers. Saying well you can still succeed if you focus on minions is not a justification I want to hear, because it simply doesn’t work no matter how much you say it.

You want to farm, fine, but not at the expense of others, which is happening here.

1) Nobody could “actively prevent others from winning the event” even if they wanted to. Even if the AB event the farmers are in is prolonged by a couple minutes due to scaling, there are still many more AB events that are not, because farmers cannot possibly be everywhere at the same time. If you care so much about finishing the meta event, go do those on a small group. Noone is stopping you and noone could stop you even if they wanted to.

2) Nobody is preventing anyone from winning, because there is no winning. Or losing, for that matter. There is no reward for winning and no penalty for losing, and the event is not even hard enough to do for bragging rights. Noone’s doing anything at the expense of anyone.

3) You’ll have to accept that this is not a single player game. There are other people in it, all influencing one another, and each individual is entitled to play the game however they want. There are rules to be followed, but none of them is “dynamic events are mandatory” – otherwise you’d have to start a banning campaign against anyone who chooses to do a JP or a heart during an invasion event.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Farmers -do- contribute to completing the event to be fair, many of them help with the first invasion just as much as non-farmers, they also clearly help with Aetherblades, even if it takes them longer because they’re scaled up, they’re still killing the captains and contributing. Also, if Molten Alliance come before Aetherblade, then many farmers help kill them too, so anyone who says that farmers aren’t helping at all, are just plain wrong.

Also, the event isn’t even mandatory anyway, there’s often a small number of players who were just in the zone before the invasion popped up, who are doing world completion or doing the other dynamic events in the zone, who aren’t contributing, are you saying they’re playing the game wrong too?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’ve seen events fail with 25 minutes on the clock for the final wave, because of farmers.

Farmers doing aethers do not slow groups doing portals at all. And you don’t need a lot of people to do those events – 5-man team can easily jump from event to event closing portals and advancing the wave. 2-3 such groups could finish the wave in 25 minutes themselves. So, if you couldn’t do the last wave having 25 minutes left (or was it twenty? not sure what you meant), it’s not because farmers farmed, but for a much simpler reason – because noone was doing portal events.
There’s also another way to advance the event fast, if you want to put the effort. Find the aether events that are not close to waypoints and go at them with small group. You will be able to wipe them fast and advance aether bar – and once that bar hits 0, farming practically stops.
If all you want hovewer is to shout at others that they should do the events for you, thn you will get no sympathy from me at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Clockwork Chaos

locutus.7253

a little respectful, constructive and polite communication in map chat can make all the difference. the nastier/whinier/disrespectful you are, the less inclinced people are to help your cause, whatever that may be. rifts between the comunity need to stop happening. you don’t have to agree with how others play, but there is definitely LESS need to belittle others for the same.

Haven`t heard truer words in a long time communicate and be respectful these two things can bring you a long way not only in video games but also in real life

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

“You still get your event reward loots and achievements, yet people seem to be hell-bent on ordering people around in chat to split up and blame commanders for stacking in Aetherblade Events. I don’t understand…”

It’s because some people want to play the game rather than rationalize it down to a time for gold ratio. There’s no reason for them to sympathize with farmers who put their personal gold accumulation ahead of the community effort and community reward. Since however you started from view that only your wallet is important then you probably can’t appreciate that.

You do realize that the farmers are often the majority on the map. They often represent a greater portion of the community than the completionists. In fact, why are the completionists being so selfish and requiring that everyone must “win” the invasion rather than farming? I’ll also point out that win or lose, you get the same rewards. It’s just that you get more loot by farming which makes it more worth your time to do so. Of course you can request farmers to go to another map but then have fun with your empty map. Crown Pavilion anyone?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

There’s no reason for them to sympathize with farmers who put their personal gold accumulation ahead of the community effort and community reward. Since however you started from view that only your wallet is important then you probably can’t appreciate that.

See you are assuming the “community” is trying to get the event done. But once you kill Scarlet once, what incentive is there to kill her again? You fail to realize that after a person has completed this achievement, the fun is zerging the event for champion bags. The zerg has become the “community” (the majority) and now it is you who is against the community. Assimilate and get with the program.

When you win the event you typically only get one more bonus bag vs if you fail on the 3rd wave (which gives you 4 instead of 5 bags). However you were zerging so killed more champs than those not farming, so you ended up with ~40 or so exotic bags. Anet did this on purpose to help keep this event active and going strong for the full 2 weeks. In the mean time those who did not get the achievement can still often get it ~25% of the time or even more often from overflow maps where less farming/commanders are present.

There is not right or wrong way to enjoy this event other than trying to force others to play the way you “think” it should be played. I will play it on the fly. If I see too more people zerging with little chance of winning I will join the zerg and farm. If I see potential for a win, I will stop zerging and go for Scarlet’s minions. I have fun each time I map.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Winning the event does nothing more than “losing” it. You still get your event reward loots and achievements, yet people seem to be hell-bent on ordering people around in chat to split up and blame commanders for stacking in Aetherblade Events. I don’t understand…

The 2 guaranteed Rares you get for doing so? There are players that want these more than the extra 15-30 boxes you can get for just farming Champs. It’s obviously less gold, but people want what they want.

Several of the Achievement descriptions certainly SOUND as if the Invasion needs to be successfully stopped to count (at least to me). If ANet has stated this is not the case, then the description is a bit misleading.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Ok, after taking time and the literal kick in the pants loot-wise to focus on getting Scarlet spawned and killed I got… 1 shoulder scrap. I forgot I’d done that zone already that day and had LESS THAN ZERO incentive to do anything but farm champs.

(I say less than zero because 1 shoulder scrap isn’t a reward, its an attack on my bag space…)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

Ok, after taking time and the literal kick in the pants loot-wise to focus on getting Scarlet spawned and killed I got… 1 shoulder scrap. I forgot I’d done that zone already that day and had LESS THAN ZERO incentive to do anything but farm champs.

(I say less than zero because 1 shoulder scrap isn’t a reward, its an attack on my bag space…)

That scrap makes me wish there was a ‘decline’ option for the reward pop-up.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I think it’s either greed for the loot, or just ego.

Are you Shpongled?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well.. I was trying to do the ‘win on 13 different maps’ achievement…however, that doesn’t seem to be working out for me. =/

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

It’s strange how so many people expect farmers to just sacrifice their own interests for the “greater good”. It’s ridiculous.

It’s well established in economics that people act in their own best interests. Expecting otherwise is just….mind blown

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I want to win the event because I like to win. I want to succeed at the goal the game puts forth for me. Game wants me to stop the invasion, I want to successfully stop the invasion.

There’s also the lore aspect of it, and being a semi on-and-off RP’er that’s important to me. Intentionally failing the event to farm champs is certainly not going along any sort of game lore where the goal is to keep Scarlet from taking over the area and reeking havoc with her minions. I mean, sure, “technically” nothing happens if the invasion isn’t prevented, but from a lore standpoint I assume failure would allow her to gain complete control of the region, letting her bolster her forces and gain a foothold in the world. Not a good thing to allow to happen.

I also enjoy the strategy of a successful defense operation. People will argue that the event is “too easy” and you don’t really need strategy anyway, ect, but all the same… Splitting your forces, defending multiple points, calling reinforcements in to empty events is a lot more interesting and engaging than “Follow the zerg farm”. And while success in an of itself might be easy, its fun to see how efficient you can be with a good strategy. Having 10 minutes left on the clock when Scarlet goes down is pretty nice and demonstrates a good strat.

All that said, I never try to force people to adhere to my personal feelings on wanting to complete the event. Sure, I quietly roll my eyes when I see a group farming Aetherblades on the 3rd wave when the Aetherblade bar is already gone and I occasionally post a direction in /map to people (Something like “Aetherblade bar is down, move on to minions only”) but I’m not one to start yelling at people if they don’t, nor do I constantly try to order people to quit farming and help complete or anything.

I do fully admit that I’m hurting myself loot-wise by shooting for completion and not farming. I always see people calling out 30-40 champ bags in map chat while I’m sitting there looking at the 10 I got from completing. But I guess the experience is more important than the “phat lewtz” for me, personally.

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

^I don’t think it’s possible to fail lore-wise. No matter what happens they leave and it gives a message to the effect that they’ve been forced out (for now).