Why has the The Crown Pavilion gone?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

Why is The Crown Pavilion area now inaccessible? I swear I remember someone from ArenaNet telling us that all living story achievements other than “Opening Ceremony Attendee” would be available until September sometime.

I’m disappointed that I didn’t get to do more of “The Queen’s Gauntlet” achievements as I was told they would be available after this latest update. :-(

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

It shouldn’t be:

Ongoing Festivities
•The Crown Pavilion and Queen’s Gauntlet will close for maintenance on September 3. Look for their return in the future!

Per patch notes so iono I will see if I can go to it when I log in

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

It’s right here in a stickied topic: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Complete-the-Opening-Ceremony-before-the-20th

As we have mentioned previously, most of the Queen’s Jubilee content will be available after the next release which goes live on August 20th.

The only piece of content that you won’t be able to complete after the August 20th is the Opening Ceremony story instance, which is presented the first time you enter the Crown Pavilion. Please note that this also includes the achievement for completing this instance.

All other Queen’s Jubilee achievements will continue to be available, including the daily achievements (which will rerun in a similar order).

I can’t log in to check either so hopefully this is a mistake. :s

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: P One Gore.2304

P One Gore.2304

I’m assuming you have to do the Scarlet story chain in order to get back into it?

Tarnished Coast ~ Crimson Illuminati
Human: Seton Stamos-Thief/Angeni Stamos-Ranger
Norn: Anska Warborn-Warrior

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/clockwork-chaos-guide/

NOTE: At the beginning of this release, the Crown Pavilion will become temporarily unavailable. Upon completing the storyline for this release, you will be able to access the Pavilion for the rest of this release period, along with all the features and achievements contained within.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

Scarlet has locked the arena down and is in there now doing mean things

If you help Vorpp reverse engineer the portal you can go in and kick her out, which will let you get back in to the arena proper.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

Ah ok – thanks for clearing this up

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Peter Buch.8071

Peter Buch.8071

If you help Vorpp reverse engineer the portal you can go in and kick her out, which will let you get back in to the arena proper.

I would love to help Vorpp.
I would love to enjoy the new content (and especially to get achievements).
Just one problem:

OVERFLOW

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Yeah, about that…

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Yeah, getting kicked into overflow prevents you from stopping the portal invasions and as a result stops you from progressing the story steps needed to re-open the pavilion.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

…which is really stupid, because everyone’s just going to rush to the same map. ._.

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

So, you can’t do the pavilion until you follow through the story and get through the invasions?

But, you can’t get into an invasion if lots of people are in there, or you miss the 10min overflow timer?

So doesn’t that lock you out of both? (please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, I can’t genuinely imagine that’s how it would be designed).

If so, why not increase invasions to 2-3 maps? It would spread the load surely?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

If you make it to the invasion within 10 minutes of it starting, that overflow should have the event. Only overflows opened after the 10 minutes shouldn’t have it.

At least that’s how it’s supposed to work.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Oh noes, you mean people have to stop their round the clock deadeye farms for a little while???!!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

Deadeye is dead.

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

doing invasions on OF just fine.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yeah, getting kicked into overflow prevents you from stopping the portal invasions and as a result stops you from progressing the story steps needed to re-open the pavilion.

Yeah, which is complete bullkitten. I think that’s what makes me soooooooooo mad about this patch. I guess it would be find to wait for the portals, if I could just continue to try to finally beat the kitten Liadri.
This patch is making me even more mad than the Karka one did.

Oh noes, you mean people have to stop their round the clock deadeye farms for a little while???!!

Its not just the kitten farmers. Its all of us that were trying to finish it. I still need to at least beat Liadri.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nessie.1348

Nessie.1348

Yeah I’m rather disappointed they made it this way :/

People are kinda forced into Living Story this round in order to do what they enjoyed last LS. I would have done it anyway, but I like being able to choose what I do when over the course of 2 weeks. Now I’m forced to do the story in order to finish my Liadri, and the sooner the better, lame.

Edit; Another way of looking at it is that older content is suddenly gated. I’m just so annoyed at this design. People really seemed to enjoy last update, why suddenly take parts of it away?

(edited by Nessie.1348)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You might have remembered to add to the previous info (about Gauntlet being accessible throughout the Speech story) that it will be a conditional access. I know that you might not have wanted to spoil the story, but it was still an important infomation.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Wyrmrider.1692

Wyrmrider.1692

“If you help Vorpp reverse engineer the portal…”

And if you don’t, you can’t get back in? (Until after Scarlet is defeated in the world story? Until after the maintenance in early September? Ever?)

Hmm.

Don’t you think that gating one type of content behind a completely different type of content runs counter to some very core design principles here?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

Yeah, I keep getting kicked from the overflows and these last few hours where horrble, And I still want to finsh my achivement on the gautlent, because I don’t have time to farm it 24h7. This will teach me to play guild wars 2 on a toaster.

(edited by JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Yeah only the three portal components have no description and look like not sellable heart quest/event trash. I’ve looted all three already, but trashed the first two because of this. Is there any way to loot them again or get them back?

(edited by Wesley.4590)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Noxin.5643

Noxin.5643

I have the same problem as Wesley. The three components don’t look like anything particularly special. While doing the Clockwork Chaos events there is a flood of items entering and exiting inventory. So what appears to be an obsolete event item is actually your key getting back into Crown Pavilion. Once deleted, you are forever banished from Crown Pavilion apparently.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Have someone else pull you into the playhouse in a party. Doesn’t matter what Vorpp progress you’ve made if you can find someone else who’s done it all.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

Do I have to do this quest stuff on the character that closing ceremony soulbound thing is on? Cause I did it on a character that I rarely use and is underequipped. Or can I just get those pieces and stuff on my main like I had planned?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Do I have to do this quest stuff on the character that closing ceremony soulbound thing is on? Cause I did it on a character that I rarely use and is underequipped. Or can I just get those pieces and stuff on my main like I had planned?

Achievements are accountbound. You can do the continuation of the story with what ever character you want.
Note: you cant complete invasions on low level characters. I tried with a lvl 17 but I wasn’t getting any exp

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

No, you can’t. You must depend on RNG to be able to re-enter the Pavilion.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

Even when you get into an event, the portal scanner doesn’t work.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You also can group with someone that’s got access to the Funhouse and finish it with them. No need to do all of Vorpp’s hoops.