Will the speech be instanced or real time?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

This is a quick question before the apparent bomb that is going to be dropped on us tomorrow comes to fruition.

Will the speech make its debut live in front of players in divinity’s reach? (like the Mad King bursting out of the Lion’s Arch fountain) or will it take place in an instance that we can enter when we boot up the game? (Like the opening ceremony for the Crown Pavilion in the last update). Do I have to watch the livestream in order to check it out?

I would like to know this before tomorrow so that I can know how I should adjust my schedule. I’ve played the game since launch and really want to experience such a significant event. If this IS live, it’d be nice to know when to show up with my popcorn.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: codingCaptor.9428

codingCaptor.9428

Anthony previously stated that there will NOT be a one time event (like the mad king jumping out of the fountain) That post can be found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/speech/One-Time-Event-inc

While we don’t know for CERTAIN that it will be instanced (The queen could just stand there giving a speech on loop for hours) Considering the build up I would be shocked if it was not instanced.

Regardless, you shouldn’t have to worry about missing anything.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

Awesome, thank you for your response! I hope it IS instanced, as that would make sure that players would witness the whole speech from beginning to end. Wouldn’t it suck to drop into divinity’s reach just as the queen’s speech loop spoils the big surprise? That’s why I agree that it will probably be instanced.

I’m so excited! I’m pumped to see what will happen tomorrow, I’ve been sticking with GW2 from the start. I even sat through fixing all of those signposts in the hope that better times would be ahead. I’m glad I’ve stuck around this long, it’s been a blast. I hope The Queen’s Speech continues the great streak of awesome content we’ve been seeing lately.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

They stopped the one time events because a lot of players missed it if they had something conflicting.

Because I had to choose going to work over doing the southsun stuff.