You're fooling no one, anet.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Invasion Canceler is bugged, and we’re getting sick of being given no respect.

Nevermind the fact that the achievement is nothing but a mindless zergy time sink plagued by playtime RNG, your lack of a tracking feature only adds to your intransparency. Have you not learned anything from… anything?

Not only this, but we also have to deal with so called “technical restrictions”. In an attempt to shift the problem on us. But we aren’t the issue. We’re not stupid. It is flat out and straight up bugged, and you haven’t done anything to fix it. Two days left and thousands of us are sweating over something that should be so, so simple.

Why do you fight it, anet? The numbers are in your face. Get to work, or grant us the achievement. I’m indefinitely boycotting the gem store over this.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

Wow, you mean business.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I gave up on it. I went back to playing Guild Wars 1.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I thought they had fixed it already. I got the achievement two days ago.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

Boycotting the Gem Store.. you are so going to punch yourself later on for missing these items when they’re no longer available.

I’m not sure where you got the “thousands” numbers as I can assure you, the achievement is doable. I personally have it and I continuously see chat of people stating they just finished it.

All of those “technical restrictions” listed by Josh Davis are all things having to do with the player. Even the random DCing isn’t a problem if you had participated in any of the events in the map (you just have to sit around in the map until the event is done). Did you seriously expect achievement credit when all you do throughout the event is farm Aetherblade/Molten Champions? The first step to healing is admitting guilt.

Edit: I’ve also received Credit when akitteng. I got on, killed a few twisted invaders and then ported to a safe location. Came back to see the Scarlet loot and my counter advanced by 1. Of course I’ve only done this a couple times but it works.

(edited by yoshoken.9432)

in Clockwork Chaos

Oxygen.5918

Boycotting the Gem Store.. you are so going to punch yourself later on for missing these items when they’re no longer available.

I’m not sure where you got the “thousands” numbers as I can assure you, the achievement is doable. I personally have it and I continuously see chat of people stating they just finished it.

All of those “technical restrictions” listed by Josh Davis are all things having to do with the player. Even the random DCing isn’t a problem if you had participated in any of the events in the map (you just have to sit around in the map until the event is done). Did you seriously expect achievement credit when all you do throughout the event is farm Aetherblade/Molten Champions? The first step to healing is admitting guilt.

Edit: I’ve also received Credit when akitteng. I got on, killed a few twisted invaders and then ported to a safe location. Came back to see the Scarlet loot and my counter advanced by 1. Of course I’ve only done this a couple times but it works.

There’s the issue, lady. It works for some, it doesn’t for others. I’m the latter.

didn’t move.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Well, for some, the balloon tower achievement was bugged here and there in the previous leg of this LStory sequence, so ANet’s being fairly consistent. At least there, though, you didn’t have to tag every last tower to accomplish the goal (I wouldn’t have, if that were the case, as two of them were bugged for me).

ANet should really wake up a bit and ensure that all achievements that require one to accomplish many sub-tasks to complete should not require 100% of all possible sub-tasks to be done. This is just an invitation for one single little bug to crop up and screw it all up for many players. Excess is always a good safeguard. In this case, perhaps 10 of the 13 would have sufficed. After all, it’s just repetition of the same task, anyway, and if you can do 10, you can almost certainly do all 13 if nothing external got in your way so those last 3 are functionally irrelevant to proving your ability to earn the achievement. And then there’s the RNG aspect of the map “rotation” and the lack of simple tracking (jeez, even GW1 had strikethrough list tracking in many/most such kinds of quests; in fact, as I type, Wayfarer’s Reverie is going on in GW1, and every leg of that multi-part quest chain has a list that gets each required location you must visit struck out as soon as you tag it, so you can instantly and conveniently know what you have done and what you have left to do. Why the step back in “technology” for GW2, I don’t know.)

Pardon the digressions. I was distracted by someone strutting about in sex-bot form….

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Actually, I just finished it yesterday.
Its a pain in the butt, and there are definitely bugs, and likely more bugs than they are aware of, but it’s not universally blocked.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I got it 2 days ago as well, after being stuck on 12/13 for ages.

I think a massive problem is not being able to track which ones that have been added to the 13, the last one that counted for me was one I had done twice before, one that I thought I already had done and got the achievement.

In fact I only have 12 areas written down on my scrap of paper (Good move Anet), some I have done four time because I lost track of where I was.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Clobimon.9652

Clobimon.9652

Lets just hope that they’ve learned something from this to improve similar events moving forward. We can proactively track things ourselves on paper or other means but it’s clear that even doing that carefully won’t always gel with what the game records. I finally got 13/13 tonight in total surprise. It gave it to me on completion of Gendarran. The funny thing is that my list had me doing Blazeridge repeatedly because that’s the one that never advanced. I did five areas the very first night I participated. I know I got credit for all five because I did them specifically to advance Vorpp’s stuff. Gendarran was one of those five. /shrug

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Sometimes, I wish the word “Subjective” was actually 15 characters long…

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Also did not get the achievement. Quite tiring with less than a day left..

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CheckeredDeath.3849

CheckeredDeath.3849

Oh woe is you, only the bad stuff’s happens to you fellers. It works for everyone else but just you. Oh woe woe woe. Even though it does work for you too, just you’re doing it wrong woe woe woe.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Why do you fight it, anet? The numbers are in your face. Get to work, or grant us the achievement. I’m indefinitely boycotting the gem store over this.

I bet you haven’t even gone to a single invasion and want your APs handed to you, without doing anything. That’s how you come out when you say this. Evidence supports that the Achievement is doable, if you are doing it wrong then you won’t get it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

I bet you haven’t even gone to a single invasion and want your APs handed to you, without doing anything. That’s how you come out when you say this. Evidence supports that the Achievement is doable, if you are doing it wrong then you won’t get it.

Well I DCed twice and luckily got back in the overflow with the rest of my guild. I did not get the achievement to only find out later I needed to do a Watchwork event.. Sighs

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Clockwork Chaos

Oxygen.5918

You mean, like your own experience(s) with this achievement?

didn’t move.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

You mean, like your own experience(s) with this achievement?

Yep. Except I didn’t jump on forums and use my subjective experience to tell everyone how bad it was and using words like “Shift the problem on us”, and “we’re not stupid”, in an attempt to place a dissatisfaction perception on the whole player base.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: derekshreds.5394

derekshreds.5394

I’ve been boycotting the gemstore until they quit kittening everything up.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

first, i don’t trust anything arenanet says
nor do i expect much from them at this point

thought i had 12/13 and hadn’t done any ‘new’ maps today, yet i just completed it
i’m probably just losing my memory
i decided to go back and round up my ‘dive master’ achievement 37/38
i definitely completed all 38 but obviously one bugged out and
i have no idea which one it was.. guess i’ll just do them all over again, all of them

gw2 has been bad decision after bad decision and a lot of little things just add up and i’d be hard pressed to find the good aspects outweighing the bad at this point.. so i get the opening posts sentiment

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shoiba.2980

Shoiba.2980

I had the same experience but the good thing was I saw which one I lacked because I checked if it ticked in the achievement after the invasion.. I did the dredgehaunt invasion but it didn’t tick for me so definitely a bug there. Re-did invasion got the achievement

first, i don’t trust anything arenanet says
nor do i expect much from them at this point

thought i had 12/13 and hadn’t done any ‘new’ maps today, yet i just completed it
i’m probably just losing my memory
i decided to go back and round up my ‘dive master’ achievement 37/38
i definitely completed all 38 but obviously one bugged out and
i have no idea which one it was.. guess i’ll just do them all over again, all of them

gw2 has been bad decision after bad decision and a lot of little things just add up and i’d be hard pressed to find the good aspects outweighing the bad at this point.. so i get the opening posts sentiment

I have the same dilemma as you right now. I did all diving spots with 2 other guildies all of them got the achievement and i’am stuck with 37/38 ANET couldn’t even tell me which one I was missing or bugged out. I have no choice but to redo every diving spot. ANET should have a list on which you have done and which you have missed out like JP’s. It sucks being punished for a bug they have in their code

Value has a value only if its value is valued.
~~Fake Russian Full of Lies~~

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

It would be nice if the achievement tracked the zones (see e.g. WoW’s achievement interface) rather than just an “xx/13” counter, to save you needing the pencil & paper next to your computer, it’s true.

As for bugs – I did have one zone fail to register when I disconnected mid-invasion, got put in overflow when I reconnected, and then used the fact that I was in a party to switch back to my home world’s zone. But the other 12 all registered correctly first time.