Zodiac Weapons

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Crazy Uberlord.8167

Crazy Uberlord.8167

The new Zodiac weapons are a terrible faliure. You went over the top with them, wich made them horrible. Looking back at the old Zodiac weapons in Guild Wars they had a darker blue like the night sky. They had more stars.

Bring in the Zodiacs from GW1 and I will be pleased. The skins now are horrible.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

I think they’re lovely and pretty

S/F Asuran Elementalist

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Enewia.1356

Enewia.1356

Agreed. Especially the axe and shield

Looking back at the old Zodiac weapons in Guild Wars they had a darker blue like the night sky. They had more stars. → Looks like you want them to be like Guild Wars 1 or they are failure …

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Crazy Uberlord.8167

Crazy Uberlord.8167

Agreed. Especially the axe and shield

Looking back at the old Zodiac weapons in Guild Wars they had a darker blue like the night sky. They had more stars. -> Looks like you want them to be like Guild Wars 1 or they are failure …

Yes because in GW1 they looked decent. Now not so much

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

The new Zodiac weapons are a terrible faliure. You went over the top with them, wich made them horrible. Looking back at the old Zodiac weapons in Guild Wars they had a darker blue like the night sky. They had more stars.

Bring in the Zodiacs from GW1 and I will be pleased. The skins now are horrible.

Man, not every weapon in this game must be shiny and eyeblowing. They are not bad… I want that GS !

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I logged in to GW1 on my warrior and equipped my req 9 Zodiac Sword and my req 9 str Zodiac Shield to compare against the previews at the vendor in GW2. As someone who has posted about bringing more GW1 skins to this game and having done a side by side comparison while logged in to both games so I see both at the same time, I just want to say two words to the team responsible for the GW2 Zodiac skins:

THANK YOU!!!!!!

(edited by Sinbold.8723)

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

I find them absolutely stunning! Except the pony-axe. I do like ponies, and axes, but together they didn’t mesh very well.

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I really have to question why they named them zodiac weapons. those were really cool skins in GW1, I still like gw2’s zodiac weapons, not as much mind you, but I think they’re nice, but it concerns me that we might start getting new weapon sets with gw1 names, that just can’t live up to gw1 standards.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Why there r called Zodiac weapons:

Rat = Dagger
Ox = ?
Tiger = Rifle
Rabbit = Scepter
Dragon = Torch
Snake = Greatsword
Horse = Axe
Sheep = Staff (looks like a ram’s head)
Monkey = Focus
Rooster = Warhorn
Dog = Pistol
Pig = Mace (looks like a boar)

Hammer = Rhinoceros (is not a chinese zodiac sign)
Longbow -> some bird (is not a chinese zodiac sign)
Shortbow -> some bird (is not a chinese zodiac sign)
Shield -> no idea, could be the sign Aquarius (wich is not chinese zodiac)
Sword -> no idea

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

I liked how i had to do something in gw1 for these skins. Now you just have to buy black lion chests and hope you get lucky.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

A Massive Headache.1879

@dagrdagaz, I think we were aware of that, or I thought it was a simple connection at least, not the right time though.

@The Meat Wagon, Yeah, I do have to agree I’m sick of black lion chest stuff, but it could be worse, could be straight rng nightmare boxes like Sclerite stuff was.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I have to agree with the OP, the skin needs to have a darker blue tint and once again putting them behind the RNG system is really a kick in the nuts.

Back to the main topic, the skins looked way better in GW1, and i know there will be several people who will say oh if they dont look like GW1 you wont like it….my answer is they need to look better than GW1 not worse, and they do look worse currently.

With a better engine, better graphics and not to mention a ridiculously more number of dye options, they should have gone with a darker blue….
There have been just too many weapons that are remnants from GW1 and almost every single one has been ruined, another example is the Hall of Monuments GS….

My request is please either fix these skins or do not use the name of GW1 as you are not doing any justice to them.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

I love the sword and the torch.

I like the axe too.

Hammer’s just weird… :P

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

Was so excited to read that Zodiac weps were making a come back, even if I would have had to deal with kitten RNG or grinding lvl 10 quest for weeks. Then I logged in. As a GW1 vet, I love the look of most of the Zodiac weps, from GW1. The new styles to them for GW2 aren’t bad per se, but they hardly resemble the original set at all. It’s is fairly disrespectful to the artwork and design of the original weapons. Every update there is false excitement leading to major disappointment.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: zacharias.5437

zacharias.5437

GW1 Zodiac weapons were rare, highly prized rewards for entering an elite area steeped in Canthan lore. These GW2 Zodiac weapons look like stuffed animal carnival prizes that anyone can get if they pay enough cash. No connection with the GW storyline and a spit in the face of anyone who holds nostalgic memories of epic fights in the Deep or Urgoz’ Warren. I feel sick.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

They look okay, but they don’t really suit my characters. (Aside from the sword and shield for my guardian, maybe.) And I don’t feel like buying keys to open chests for a chance at the scraps to get a chance at a ticket for these. Sorry.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

the hammer and pistol look neat everything else seems pretty lame

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Nilkemia.8507

I just looked that the GW1 Zodiac skins..and the dark blue and gold look does look better..to me, anyway.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

My main issue with them is really the texture. They look like plastic.

The way they shine and the way they’re shaped, and how flat and simple they look, on top of that powder blue color just makes them look like plastic.

However I must say I’m pleased with the staff. It’s one of the very few amazing looking staves that’s been added to the game… now if only it didn’t look like plastic.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

compare to the gw 1 this are EPIC EPIC bad seriosly

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Why there r called Zodiac weapons:

Rat = Dagger
Ox = ?
Tiger = Rifle
Rabbit = Scepter
Dragon = Torch
Snake = Greatsword
Horse = Axe
Sheep = Staff (looks like a ram’s head)
Monkey = Focus
Rooster = Warhorn
Dog = Pistol
Pig = Mace (looks like a boar)

Hammer = Rhinoceros (is not a chinese zodiac sign)
Longbow -> some bird (is not a chinese zodiac sign)
Shortbow -> some bird (is not a chinese zodiac sign)
Shield -> no idea, could be the sign Aquarius (wich is not chinese zodiac)
Sword -> no idea

They are in the krytan zodiac, which I just made up, and doesn’t have ox but has rhinoceros, 2 different kind of birds, and old guys (shield and sword)..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

The Meat Wagon.7194

The old guy is supposed to be balthazaar (the god)

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ficik.6932

Ficik.6932

So… Another weapon set from cantha (it’s clearly canthan becouse few weapons have canthan symbols on them) and still no informations about cantha? How does Evon get them?
Are those skins something you worked on while making cantha content and then were forced to stop by NCsoft or are you making them to simply mess things up for RP players?

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

The Meat Wagon.7194

Lore goes out the window when there is money to be made

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Nilkemia.8507

There’s another thread of the exact same name here. This might get merged into that..

Still you do have a point. It is implied the Zephrites came form there, but little else.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The old guy is supposed to be balthazaar (the god)

It’s the Jade Emperor from the Zodiac lore including the significance of the the moon phase (shape of the shield).

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chlupac.4936

Chlupac.4936

I hope they will honestly explain this. They should not lie to core GW1 fans and GW series worshipers

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

locoman.1974

Well, maybe Evon did get them from the zephyrites and held on to them until now to sell. AFAIK the only real mention of Cantha in the game is a book in divinity’s reach that says that they isolated themselves from the rest of the world.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Ficik.6932

Evon didn’t get the trade thingy so he couldn’t get so many weapons from them. It would be different story if he’d won the elections

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

locoman.1974

Evon didn’t get the trade thingy so he couldn’t get so many weapons from them. It would be different story if he’d won the elections

He didn’t get to make the trade treaty with the zephyrites directly (so didn’t get the council seat), but the trade treaty with Lion’s Arch (which includes Evon’s black lion shop and trading post) was still made, just that Kiel instead of Evon became Lion’s Arch representative with the zephyrites.

The treaty was still made so he could still buy it from them (actually considering he seems to own the biggest business in Lion’s Arch, even if he didn’t make the treaty himself, will probably still be the one that benefits the most off it), plus it was a bazaar, even if the trade treaty wasn’t in effect nothing stopped him from buying merchandise and make treaties with individual sellers there. The description said “The Bazaar of the Four Winds is gathering — merchants are converging from all corners of Tyria to sell their wares.”… the zephyrites are the ones that organize it, but aren’t the only ones selling things.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Ficik.6932

Ok, so zephyrites sold him those weapons. Then there’s another question… Why didn’t they bring some informations about cantha? Priory would pay them a lot of golds for informations about centuries lost culture/continent

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

ZilentNight.5089

The reason is that these are not the actual Zodiac weapons, these are knockoffs…
You can easily see how they look like light blue plastic toys compared to what was offered in GW1, am truely dissapointed…

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Chlupac.4936

The reason is that these are not the actual Zodiac weapons, these are knockoffs…

New game, not really relevant to this topic =)

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

A Massive Headache.1879

Was so excited to read that Zodiac weps were making a come back, even if I would have had to deal with kitten RNG or grinding lvl 10 quest for weeks. Then I logged in. As a GW1 vet, I love the look of most of the Zodiac weps, from GW1. The new styles to them for GW2 aren’t bad per se, but they hardly resemble the original set at all. It’s is fairly disrespectful to the artwork and design of the original weapons. Every update there is false excitement leading to major disappointment.

I just want to quote you, because you are absolutly right and I feel people should read this

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

ZilentNight.5089

New game, not really relevant to this topic =)

Ofc its relevant, there was no lore provided behind how the BLTC acquired them.
My guess is that they are knockoffs….its my understanding of the lore and i am stating a pretty good reason why.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Ok so the zodiac is chinese zodiac, i thought i could get something cool for my Gemini look. =) On a bright side, i won’t need to put much effort to get any of the skins then.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Chlupac.4936

dunno why two different topics were merged.
The first one (top) is about design of Zodiac weapons, while the second one is about HOW did they get here + speculations IF this is outcome of the cancelled Cantha expansion…hurray!

Ofc its relevant, there was no lore provided behind how the BLTC acquired them.
My guess is that they are knockoffs….its my understanding of the lore and i am stating a pretty good reason why.

sry I quoted wrong part of your post. Your reason why is because " they look different" – that’s why I said that this is absolutely new game and therefore it’s not imho really good argument

(edited by Chlupac.4936)

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I couldn’t agree more. I have exactly the same complaint – ArenaNet went overboard with them. Using the Chinese Zodiac theme made the weapons way too ugly, and too playfull-looking; the simpler elegance of the GW1 skins has been completely lost.

The shield is the only weapon that is actually a proper portrait of how the weapons used to look in the original Guild Wars. I wish more weapons were as faithful as the originals.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Some of them are pretty cool like the horn and shield. Others not so much like the mace. BTW, why isn’t there a phoenix, kirin, or turtle weapon? They were constellations in Factions.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I do like the look of the new GW2 Zodiac weapons, although I agree that I preferred the aesthetic of the GW1 Zodiac weapons more. I have no objection to this new style though.

I’m more pleased by the fact that it seems these weapons (and the Aetherized weapons) are available permanently, meaning any player who wants them can steadily save up for one.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

BTW, why isn’t there a phoenix, kirin, or turtle weapon? They were constellations in Factions.

The Zodiac Weapon haven’t been themed over the constellations mentioned in Factions, they are based on the Chinese Zodiac.

And, for the records, the Zodiac Sword appears to be bugged – it’s not appearing in the Trading Post, and I don’t believe people have been trying to sell all weapons other than it.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

While not at all my style, I think they look great. Excellent detail, and for once the staff is the best of the collection.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

warhorn is hilarious just for all the bad jokes that can be told around it.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I don’t even acknowledge these as zodiac weapons. They look nothing like the old ones, not even by stretching the imagination. they could have done so many cool things with this new game engine to the old versions but instead they did…whatever you call these. While i love the rest of this patch, these are a no-go. I was so excited for them too, I was gonna blow lots of money on trying to get them, but not now. No way.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Warhorn is blowing into a chicken’s keister, lol it is hard to take seriously.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Warhorn is blowing into a chicken’s keister, lol it is hard to take seriously.

I would link my guild chat about that thing…but I would get banned lol

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Agreed. Take a look at a lot of the returning GW1 skins though – such as the Fellblade or Crystalline sword.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Please-give-Fellblades-the-GW1-appearance/page/4#post2664855

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I actually like them. They are detailed enough, they have minor particle effects – enough to make them cool but not over the top, the animal theme is kind of cool and some of them look really awesome (like the bows). I also like the colour scheme but only because it fits the character I might get them for.

The only one I hate is the chicken and it’s because they made it comical.

I’m not in love with the gem store model but I guess we have to learn to live with it if we want to play GW2. They seem firm on the decision that the gem store has priority when it comes to new weapon sets.

Zodiac Weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I like them. They don’t really fit in my any of my characters at all so I’m not going to for for one but I think they look nice. Though I would prefer the blue was darker.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)