is this bannable? please help

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

Hi,

due to having no luck in catching Fields of Ruin invasion for 5 days now(because everytime it happens, I’m at work or late late at night), can I leave my character away from keyboard in Fields of Ruin? I’m not leaving my character just afk since it will be kicked, I’m going to put some pressure on “W” and “D” keys so my character keeps running in circles so I don’t get booted.

Is this considered botting? My character is technically just running in a small circle. I just want the achievement done.

Thanks!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Even if it is allowable, I don’t believe you can get credit that way as you have to ‘participate’ on the map during the event. This would mean that you need to actually kill some of the event mobs and such to get credit and therefore running in a circle won’t help you.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Arenanet stated that if you only play 1 hour a day, you’ll get all 13 zones.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ocelot.6053

Ocelot.6053

I wish I could say I believed them :/

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

No offense to A-net, but they’re full of it.

Perhaps if you knew when each zone was up, and the achievements never glitched.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I’m not sure if it’d count if you didn’t do anything, but I’d like to point out that I was idling in Frostgorge once (after getting 13/13) and the event triggered there. I only really participated in a single minion portal event, and I still got the full reward at the end. Not sure about achievements, though, since I already had everything.

Edit: As for the rotations, it’d have been much smarter to have them follow an order. It’s 13 maps, the day has 24 hours, it’d take 26 hours to rotate through every map twice, so each map would trigger 2 hours later each day. You’d still get each map at the same hour each day at least once. Say the invasions started at 3 pm on patch day – if you log in every day at 3 pm, you’d get a rotation like #1 in the list, then #3 the next day, then #5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and finally 12. That’s all 13 maps in 13 days, guaranteed, with the massive advantage of knowing which map would appear at which hour, so you could plan ahead for days when you can’t be online, for instance. Or if you missed a zone or the achievement count didn’t go up, you’d know exactly when you’d be able to try again.

(edited by neon.4863)

in Clockwork Chaos

Kagamiku.9731

You get the full reward for going away from keyboard the whole time, however to get the invasion achievement, you need to do at least one of the minion events.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i play 4-5 hour at day and still 11/13, no clue what map i miss because im complete them all for sure.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Clockwork Chaos

neon.4863

I think given the buggy achievements we really need the achieve to list which maps have already counted. :/

in Clockwork Chaos

Esplen.3940

i play 4-5 hour at day and still 11/13, no clue what map i miss because im complete them all for sure.

And it’s only been 4 days.

in Clockwork Chaos

Kagamiku.9731

Sadly those final few take far longer than than those that came before it. Considering most people have not the slightest clue which zone they’re missing.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

I think I might have gotten one of the maps without doing anything due to chatting with friends teh whole time… ANyway, back to the question, is what I’m proposing bannable or considered botting?

in Clockwork Chaos

Esplen.3940

If you hold down a (or two) keys, your character will be afk and get kicked. The only way to stay in a map for 40+ minutes without getting kicked is to bot or, you know, be at your machine.

in Clockwork Chaos

neon.4863

I think what they’re worried about is the fact that they’d be putting something on their movement keys so that their character would be moving around, thus bypassing the idle check that kicks you when you’re inactive.

Edit: Welp, obsolete comment with Esplen’s clarification above. The more you know!

(edited by neon.4863)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

And he played 4-5 hours each day. That’s like 22.5 days for someone who only plays 1 hour a day.

Glorious Human Master Race

in Clockwork Chaos

Esplen.3940

And he played 4-5 hours each day. That’s like 22.5 days for someone who only plays 1 hour a day.

Assuming it’s on a rotation not a modified rng system, which it’s not. Actually, even if it was on a rotation system, he would still only have 9/13.