no more zerg events

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: fathamburger.8453

fathamburger.8453

Guild Wars 2 has turned into zerg wars. Every living story is not so much a story but mindless events having us zerg from zone to zone, champion to champion. At the very least if you’re gonna do zerg events make them a special occasion, not every update. Once every 3 months or maybe twice a year so it does feel epic and special. Right now it feels tedious and repetitive. Also.. if you’re going to gate repetitive timed content like this, 2-3 portal invasions or whatever you call them in the future is enough. 5 encourages idling which is exactly what I’m doing now as I type this.

On top of content and achievements we can barely keep up with, the living story has been removed from a “living world” or even a dynamic one that we played coming through 80 and the story and characters are pretty much throwaway, the “living story” is actually driving people away from the game and not engaging them etc etc but this has all been said before.

Woman Scorned – 80 Sylvari Elementalist
OMG U Noobs – 80 Norn Guardian
Jade Quarry server

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

It’s all been for just the August release… the next LS chapter will not be zerg events I can tell you that.

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

fathamburger.8453

aetherblades jumping puzzle was a mass zerg too. Karkas… and so on. There have been more zerg events than not

Jade Quarry server

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Been preaching this for months. Doubt they will change it.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

+1

Please, please no more zerg events. Especially not ones where you’re required to do 5+ hours of farming to unlock the (apparently good) content. I didn’t even farm Orr but I can’t imagine how sick people are of zergs after the pavilion patch.

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it’s a zerg because it’s new content and everyone wants to do it. what’s the other option, put people in queues so they can’t play the content and the few that do don’t get a zerg experience? put everything behind instances?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

The Bazaar of the Four Winds wasn’t a zerg. Sure, there were a lot of people there but the content didn’t revolve around large groups killing stuff. Cutthroat Politics also didn’t have any zerg content. The Candidate Trials only allowed up to five players.

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

+1 to the worst update in months

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

So far this patch seems really uninspired…1 short cutscene, endless waves of generic mobs and a single dungeons that i can’t rate right now but it seems to be quite short.

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

Guild Wars 2 has turned into zerg wars. Every living story is not so much a story but mindless events having us zerg from zone to zone, champion to champion. At the very least if you’re gonna do zerg events make them a special occasion, not every update. Once every 3 months or maybe twice a year so it does feel epic and special. Right now it feels tedious and repetitive. Also.. if you’re going to gate repetitive timed content like this, 2-3 portal invasions or whatever you call them in the future is enough. 5 encourages idling which is exactly what I’m doing now as I type this.

On top of content and achievements we can barely keep up with, the living story has been removed from a “living world” or even a dynamic one that we played coming through 80 and the story and characters are pretty much throwaway, the “living story” is actually driving people away from the game and not engaging them etc etc but this has all been said before.

Here’s the trailer for the next Living World update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbeoSPqRs4

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

So far this patch seems really uninspired…1 short cutscene, endless waves of generic mobs and a single dungeons that i can’t rate right now but it seems to be quite short.

I can’t even get to the dungeon yet. I am sick of mindless ursan zerging. Give us a game where we actually have to, dwayna forbid…think.
Please hire a writer that can create a plot that isn’t driven by a 9 year old’s diary. Scooby doo has better plot devices.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

fathamburger.8453

“Guild overflows” is a good idea to have something that is less random and more focused. Generally I would prefer stuff that is more Flame and Frost like (except without the months of busywork) and evolving the existing story i.e. order stuff, what happened to trahearne, building on the histories and evolving the existing areas.

They’ve been playing it safe with this whole “living world”/“living story” thing and doing side stories so that anyone who misses them isn’t completely lost but it’s getting old. They had more of a “living world” before all this imo.

Jade Quarry server

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

fathamburger.8453

Also .. these “invasions” don’t do anything, the mobs literally show up and do nothing. It would have been nice to see them actually sacking towns like the DE invasions. It would be better to have these in 1 month or even 2 month increments if it means we get better quality for it. The cheap and shallow content is getting old.

Jade Quarry server

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Idk what you people are talking about… this event is great for large groups and small ones at the same time. If you’re in a large group you get more champ spawns (and can down those solo champ events faster). If you’re not you move the bars along faster for some of the other events. Something for everyone. Everyone working together doing what they want. It’s great.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

oh yeah? Tell me which zerg did you join for Sky Crystal hunt at zephyr sanctum, or for candidate trials? Update categories take turns so everyone will be happy. There are people who like zerging, who like puzzles, who like 1v1 minigames, who like exploration. Since July was mainly an update of puzzles and solo content, including 1v1 minigames, august is more zerg content. Next update is for Super Adventure Box.

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

You’re simply wrong. It’s absolutely not mindless, it’s a great base for large-scale events.
People are forced to communicate and think how they will spread forces to win this event and if we victory is ours we get good reward.
It’s not even “farm event”, you can fail it easily if commanders are really bad
I don’t want to offend anyone, but this content is not your TYPE, but as a content – it’s good, really really good.

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Aside from people — commanders usually — directing the traffic (which actually must be pretty fun), it is pretty mindless. Just spam your AOE skill and [F] for the drops.

Someone in another thread suggested having several invasions simultaneously on different maps — thus spreading out the population and making each player on the map more important. I think with a few safeguards, to prevent zergs hopping from map to map, this would be a great idea.

As it is, I too just find a corner to AFK after doing one champ. Now that I think about it, that’s pretty lame … I’m likely not even going to finish this storyline at all.

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Aberrant.6749

If you’re just spamming aoe and not paying attention you’re going to get killed. You want to tag the mobs to make sure you get loot, but that also makes the mobs focus you if you hit them before anyone else does or draw aggro from damage etc. If you hit them too late you won’t get loot at all. This happens to me a lot on my guardian with his staff and he gets focused very often. You need to be ready to quickly evade multiple champ/vets.

Trying to max your rewards while being apart of a large group is fun for me. During ember farms when you seriously needed to hit them very early it was a nice challenge. Run over, tag mobs… oh crap 3 champs on me and 5 vets… defense defense defense as you go back to the large group who are still focused on the previous champs. Good times

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

If you’re just spamming aoe and not paying attention you’re going to get killed. You want to tag the mobs to make sure you get loot, but that also makes the mobs focus you if you hit them before anyone else does or draw aggro from damage etc. If you hit them too late you won’t get loot at all. This happens to me a lot on my guardian with his staff and he gets focused very often. You need to be ready to quickly evade multiple champ/vets.

Only guardians can survive by putting symbols while traited to heal when applying boon to allies, one symbol and almost full healed, also damage to several mobs = LOOT + REGEN

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Aberrant.6749

Only guardians can survive by putting symbols while traited to heal when applying boon to allies, one symbol and almost full healed, also damage to several mobs = LOOT + REGEN

Nah it wouldn’t work like that in a lot of cases, the multiple champs + vets will still out damage your hp gains. If you’re THAT bunker to where you can tank all of that then you’ll have a harder time tagging the mobs (not good). Happened to me many many times during the ember farm. Every staff might buff/sword symbol drop was dangerous because of the root and TONS of mobs spamming those lava areas. I found renew F1 on kill gave more survival while helping to keep up more damage on the fly in these situations > symbols btw.

There are also tons of those static fields going down which can prevent you from getting back to the group. Yes you can get stability, but if you’re frequently running to get fresh tags you won’t have enough.

It winds up being a LOT of fun for me to see exactly how much I can get away with. I do a lot of crazy stuff in WvW/PvP for the same reason lol

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rowan Mayfair.1459

Rowan Mayfair.1459

I’m sorry but we’re all playing a “massive” “multiplayer” online RPG here… doen’t that kind of imply that there will be zerg events?

I honestly don’t mind zerg events… sure there are downsides to it. Yes, it is chaotic, and it seems like mindless AOE spamming, but that’s only what you make of it when you start playing like that. As Aberrant says… it will get you killed in the end.

In my opinion : The way you percieve the zerg-event, depends on how you play it…

Try and play a different style in the zerg events : be a leader, not a mindless spamming robot and take part in the chat discussion… usually there are people trying to coordinate the lot… follow a commander, try an buff the right people with your skills in the middle of combat; ressurect your fellow gamers and don’t leave them lying there to watch the entire thing…

I’m lucky to be able to play with a group of friends that are always on skype, which makes up for good tactics discussion during the zerg event. And I like that.
If you think it’s a mindless, then it’s because you make it so.

Rowan Mayfair Witch – Human Mesmer lvl. 80
Target Ally – Asura Engineer lvl. 80
Freiya the Valkyrie – Norn Ranger. lvl 80

no more zerg events

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Velimirius.7018

Velimirius.7018

When u say “massive” you think about maps which can hold 50 ppl before you get kicked to some random overflow? yh thats massive…