100% Exploration

100% Exploration

in Personal Story

Posted by: Eoreun Beol.8601

Eoreun Beol.8601

So here I’am trying to get 100% exploration for my char. All is going fine until I hear about this GREAT feature Arenet has implemented.

In order to get 100% you also need to fully explore the WvWvW maps. Now thats a small challenge, if it wasn’t a PvP map so you get killed all the time; the keeps you need to enter don’t belong to your server but to a different server.

This way getting all the points can take weeks even when you have the real map fully explored. As the WvWvW maps arent a part of the full map, and surely not a part of the PvE part of the game why in the hell would you make these maps part of that?

But thanks arenanet, love the game, but this is just one idiotic addition i can’t see the use of besides annoying the cr*p out of pure PvE players.

‘’Do whatever floats your goat’’
IGN: Cho Nyo Gwishin
Cookie Emperor of Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies!

100% Exploration

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

This is better suited to the Suggestions forum, I think.

100% Exploration

in Personal Story

Posted by: Master Roland.2349

Master Roland.2349

Once you hit 100% PvE completion, it is about time to look at some other gameplay mechanics (if you haven’t done so already). This is just a way to get you into WvW, a step that some PvE players would otherwise never take. I regularly dislike PvP, but I think WvW is a nice blend of both PvE and PvP.

By the way: You can still get that 100% map completion achievement. Every 1 week (2 weeks in the future), servers switch locations. In max 6 weeks you’ll have had each side once, allowing you to get all points. Would you have started a bit earlier, that would have been 3 days (daily rotations).

100% Exploration

in Personal Story

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

It’s not because it’s on your side that you own the place.
Us greenies have owned a red keep basically non-stop, the only time we didn’t have it is when the blues managed to take it down late night.

I’ve managed to complete the green borderlands through sheer luck, getting in while we happened to own everything, and as i went around, i saw towers being taken on the map. But a previous time i tried, when i was in another part of wvwvw and saw us having full control, i tried getting in, only to be queued and by the time i did get in, the things i needed were gone.

I’m on 98% atm, slightly frustrating to have to wait while being so close :/

100% Exploration

in Personal Story

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Currently its a bit of a sneaky work-around but you can transfer to the other servers while they own certain WvW territory and run around all their claimed camps with little or no resistance. Then transfer back to your original homeworld.

This requires the servers to not be “Full” at the time.

Or alternatively you can wait till the WvW matches reset and then jump in when everything is fresh to get the POI’s and Vistas. Each new matchup should change the main map of your homeworld.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.