Are these really personal stories?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Haazen.3014

Haazen.3014

I am currently on “The battle of claw island”. While the quest has it share of serious bugs, I keep asking myself “Am I supposed to be able to solo this?” The reason I ask is that I am a LV 76 warrior and this step is LV50. I have an AC of over 2K and nearly 22K health. I can’t solo this quest. Right now the spawn rate is so fast that mobs appear from no where. The come so fast that there is not even time for the animation to display. For instance, the last time I was killed trying this, I was in the center fighting with the necro and my mentor. How this wimp ever got to be a warmaster is beyond me. He dies in less than 10 seconds. The necro seems invulnerable. I went from fighting 3 mobs to 8 to about 12 in that 10 second period. It seems like a raid event to me much more than a “personal story”. Unless of course the purpose of the personal story lines is to frustrate you player base and drive them off to play other games. I’d really appreciate some feedback from the developers on this. I’d also love to hear that they are working to address these issues. I have a level 80 ranger that was able to solo this easily just after launch. These issues (bugs) were introduced post go live.

Thanks.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rie.6789

Rie.6789

You will need someone with you that has ranged attacks. You can’t do it with melee.

in Personal Story

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You will need someone with you that has ranged attacks. You can’t do it with melee.

If your character is mainly melee, why would your “personal” story be one that is a “ranged character” only soloable?

No logic whatsoever. I agree – my warrior is having issues where my Ranger never did.

Why is Ranger so horrid in PVP and so darned decent in PvE and exactly the opposite for my poor Charr Warrior??

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Personal Story

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

I did it today for the third time solo with my ranger. I did it before with my engineer and my guardian. I would say I had the best time with my guardian.
The trick at this mission is that you should ignore all mobs and just run like hell, there is no point in fighting anything, unless the story step forces you to fight.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

in Personal Story

Posted by: Papeion.9246

Papeion.9246

Yes you can solo it i done it at level 50 with my guardian just let your team fight mobs you run ahead to the beach to save her if you try and stand your ground an fight your way through they just keep respawning at a rapid rate until your down, then just spam the boat with turrets you think your missing but it goes down

in Personal Story

Posted by: hellsop.4219

hellsop.4219

Yandere is correct. This is a an “ignore the distractions, accomplish your goals quickly” story. You WILL get bogged down otherwise, and it’ll just keep getting harder.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Haazen.3014

Haazen.3014

I grabbed an 80 guardian and a 60 Mesmer and we were able to complete it. They kept everything distracted while I completed the steps. Once the last part came up, we just stood back for the most part. Again, this seems like a group event rather than personal story. I appreciate all the good feedback.

in Personal Story

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

Just soloed it with a 50 warrior. Had no problems. You just run past the mobs. The clue that you’re supposed to do that is you don’t get credit for any kills.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Yeah, I think everyone learned the hard way that you just have to avoid combat if at all possible, and run from it like a coward when you do get aggro. I like the idea and premise of this mission, but the execution is terrible.