[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: Neurotic.4328

Neurotic.4328

I had completed the 2 objectives asked of me and planted the bombs and ran away from boat as told and nothing happening am i doing something wrong or is this bugged?

Attachments:

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

Did you leave the ship or did you go to the top of the ship marked by the green star? When I did this mission, I also literally got off the ship (expecting a huge explosion) and nothing happened. Then I realized the green star was indicating a spot at the highest point on the ship. So I got back on board and climbed up to that point. Then the mission finished.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: Neurotic.4328

Neurotic.4328

I Think i did go up to top of the ship… but then again there was no star will try again.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I’m bumping this because this mission is still BUGGED!

The part where you plant the explosives went fine for me, but then I was told to get to the highest point on the ship marked by a circle.

When I got to the highest point, no cut-scene happened and I’m still stuck in the mission.

I have already cleared all the enemies both inside and outside the ship, and the mission still won’t finish. I am really disappointed with the bugs in the story-line. The last story-line quest also had a bug and I had to give up 2 weeks before I tried it again.

ANET, seriously, test your game properly – no one wants to waste hours on a bugged story-line. Not to mention the repair bills I got to pay now….sigh

Been there, done that. What’s next?

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Where exactly did you go? I’m not seeing an issue with this story step, when you’re prompted to “Get to the ark’s highest point” there’s a specific location that’s up on top of the ark, that should be marked on the minimap.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

mage.3570

Sir, I did follow all instructions, climbed the stairs and then went to the green circle on the top of the ark and even circled all around it for minutes – no cut-scene triggered. All NPCs were beside me too.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I’m just trying to narrow down the problem, I didn’t mean to imply that you’re not following the quest directions. Note that the green circle is a bit deceptive since it’s 2D when the point you need to reach is (literally) up at the top of the ark’s structure—make sure you’re taking the stairs as far up as you can. It’s a fairly small area and with the ghostfire burning around you, it can be difficult to find the way up. If you have room to run “around” the circled area, it sounds like you’re not at the very top. (It’s a really small area.)

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

mage.3570

Please look at the screenshot below and tell me if I am doing this wrong…

http://i.imgbox.com/adyacJuS.jpg

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

You need to get on top of that building to your left in the screenshot. You’re only part of the way up.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

mage.3570

I tried climbing it from all four sides but couldn’t…it’s simply too high. My character is a norn, and you can clearly see how high it is.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

The stairs are inside the building.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

mage.3570

I don’t see any stairs …..

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

mage.3570

Thanks for the replies Jeffrey. I guess I will try it again later on.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arylith.6270

Arylith.6270

Hi, I’m having problems with this step as well. I get the bombs, and can place them. When they blow up (or disappear?), a few mobs spawn, and after they are dead nothing more happens. I cannot see any ghostfire on the ship, and Maeva is standing still. I can talk to Maeva and Traherne, and they tell me to go up. However, I have no green star to guide me, and nothing happens when I get up top on the highest point.

If this makes a difference: I have chosen the Durmand priory. I also did this step with a friend, also Sylvari, who has passed this part of the story. He did not choose this option of this step though, he did the ossuary. Please let me know if you need any more information.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

What’s your current objective?

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Arylith.6270

I jumped out, so it has reset to the beginning of the mission. But I remember that I had two completed objectives, that were both checked. The second being planting the bombs, if I remember correctly. Any other objective was not shown at this point.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Arylith.6270

Another thing, when I move about the ship at this point, Traherne follows me but Maeva stays put in the hold.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Arylith.6270

Tried this again today, and it worked! I had the same friend along with me, so no change there. However, this time I placed all four bombs closer to Maeva, within the hold. This was a change from last time, when I had two bombs in the small corridor ahead (I am guessing this aggroed some of the Krait enemies already in the ship, so they didn’t spawn like I previously thought).

After the bombs where placed, the next part of the mission triggered, with ghostfire clearly visible and Maeva talking, telling me to go to the top of the ship. The rest of the mission proceeded without any problems.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Just tried this tonight and I got the bug as well.

After planting the bombs, they explode, but I don’t know what to do next. No objective or point. Same as Arylith above.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

VictoriousMonk.7150

I hope this gets fixed soon. I already was stuck for a few weeks with The Hatchery bug.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

VictoriousMonk.7150

Tried it again tonight and it worked. Didn’t do anything different.

I guess it’s like gambling.

Didn’t lose money though, just my sanity.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: Super Mitochondria.2739

Super Mitochondria.2739

Hey,
The bug still exists, all I see is Escape from the burning ark. and when I go away of the ark/ go to the highest point nothing happens.

I had to go back down stairs in the ship for the status to update and then I could finish it.

Attachments:

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: haian.2896

haian.2896

I did this today. still bugged. I already on the top of ship, see screen

Attachments:

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

That’s not the top of the ship. There’s a stairway straight ahead of you that leads further up.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arktouros.6078

Arktouros.6078

Im on this bit aswell, was doing it with a friend and it bugged out … it says we should get on the highest bit but no green star … do i have to place 4 bombs ? cause i placed 2 … and it did this with me :P

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

The bomb step will automatically complete after X time passes.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: zinrax.5198

zinrax.5198

Yeah place 4 bomb then run up the stairs “all the way to the highest point” which means you are not supposed to climb the walls but instead go up some stairs to get there. Not bugged and im sure it never was.

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: Vlawde.1895

Vlawde.1895

What I found out is, if any of your crew are in combat when you are in the process of placing charges, you can only get/place 2 bombs…and have no objective or green star, so you’re kind of stuck. I made sure ALL the mobs were dead in the hold area, then got and places all 4 charges. Was able to finish

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: ibiris.8674

ibiris.8674

I’m experiencing a bug during the quest, but prior to what is described above. The current objective is ‘Place the ghostfire charges in the hold.’.
From what I gather, I’m supposed to speak to Pact Researcher Maeva to get the bombs, but I don’t have the option to. He is currently stood in the area behind the down ramp, and only moved once when I went up to kill a remaining enemy, only to return to his previous position. The other allies follow me around as normal.
This is noted on the wiki, and will probably require a mission restart, but it still requires fixing.

Rob

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arixxon.4091

Arixxon.4091

Guys, you have to go up with the stairs located at the middle of the ship, not that stairs at the front of the ship.
At the middle floor, there is a centered little room with a stairs up! Use these!
First time, I used the stairs at the front of the ship (jumping on the ship’s roof) and i was not able to complete, then i jumped back down and used second stairs, then i did it. Try it too!

The Avril Lavigne @ Aurora Glade
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/1236xc1.jpg[/IMG]

(edited by Arixxon.4091)

[Bug?] A Grisly Shipment

in Personal Story

Posted by: ExiMaster.4820

ExiMaster.4820

Will this ever be fixed? Not only is it this mission but some others where when you talk to an NPC a brief UI comes up about your Karma and Money and next to it says “Available”. That’s where its stuck and I cannot speak to Maeva.

Cause: Just found the cause. If Maeva gets to the room above where all the corpses are underwater she gets stuck in that mode I mentioned above. However if you place a ghostfire charge too close to the top of the corpse room you get teleported up to that very glitched room and greeted with a very nice 2 minutes of poison from risen enemies.

(edited by ExiMaster.4820)