[BUG] The Battle of Fort Trinity

in Personal Story

Posted by: Eyrika.8625

Eyrika.8625

I just got to this quest and tried it today. I haven’t had anything bug the whole time I’ve been playing, but this one did
I think I know what the problem was for me, however. I got to the part where I have to defend the docks. I killed everything just fine, except that one risen mob somehow got stuck underground. I can see his name, but I can’t target him and none of the NPCs can either. The story won’t progress because that mob needs to die.
You can see what I mean in the attached screenshot. I hope it helps. Maybe this is what’s blocking it for other people.

Edit: Also, I’m a female Sylvari elementalist, level 71, priory, playing mission solo, my fear was failing my friends.

Attachments:

“The flame legion can die in a fire!”
“…they might like that.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I just got bugged too. It got stuck on “Defend the Fort Trinity docks.” I can see an NPC under the docks and i need to kill it to progress, but i can’t kill it.

Edit: Eyrika, that’s the same problem i’m having, except the mob was under the ramp area.

in Personal Story

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I found a workaround. If you’re stuck on the docks part, just exit the story and use the nearest waypoint. Go back in, then when you get to the docks part again, make sure to run to the very end on the left bridge and kill them, instead of waiting for them to come to docks.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Re: my above posts

The three fears are:
- Death of an innocent (“Tower Down”, “Munition Acquisition”/"To the Core’, “Breaking the Bone Ship”)
- The suffering of others (“Striking Off the Chains”, “Wet Work” , “Willing Captives”/“Intercepting the Orb”)
- Failure (“Shell Shock”, “Volcanic Extraction”/“Fixing the Blame”, “Marshalling the Truth”)

(edited by Jeffrey Vaughn.1793)

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Update: Ok good news/bad news.

Good news: we found and fixed the problem with the story stalling out when you meet Trahearne.

Bad news: it won’t go live until the 10/1 update. (So 10 days to go.)

I’m also looking at the problem with the docks stalling out, bad AI behavior, and a few other misc issues.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Relica.5023

Relica.5023

It looks like I picked “The suffering of others”. Thanks for letting us know that you found the problem, but it just sucks having to wait that long for the fix to be put out, considering the amount of time its been broken

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Re: my above posts

The three fears are:
- Death of an innocent (“Tower Down”, “Munition Acquisition”/"To the Core’, “Breaking the Bone Ship”)
- The suffering of others (“Striking Off the Chains”, “Wet Work” , “Willing Captives”/“Intercepting the Orb”)
- Failure (“Shell Shock”, “Volcanic Extraction”/“Fixing the Blame”, “Marshalling the Truth”)

I know you said you fixed this, but just in case, I thought I’d post.

This is my husband. He can’t complete the Battle at Fort Trinity, but I did just fine. We had been playing the story together previously, alternating who triggered the instance. It’s also worth noting that we went to do the Fort Trinity battle together but didn’t get the option to do that story step together.

I ended up helping the Norn gal in the underwater portion and freeing prisoners from Kraitt. Spoiler: She was kidnapped and my character said she'd come back for her later.

Even though we did the part where we chose our greatest fear together (I was instance leader, I chose “fear of failure” and it suited his character as well so he accepted the progress at the end), our story went in opposite directions.

I didn’t do anything with Krait, which seems to be the “the suffering of others” fear. My storyline branched (correctly, it seems) into Shell Shock.

TLDR
It seems that when making the “greatest fear” choice when doing the story co-op, the choice for the person tagging along but accepting progress was getting borked.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Reacher.8379

Reacher.8379

Hi, reading through this I’m stuck at the docks.
Charr, level 80
I can see a rissen stuck under the fort which I think is causing the stall of more mobs spawning.

in Personal Story

Posted by: FERVID.2741

FERVID.2741

ughhh… already waited 2 weeks.. running out of things to do in this game since so many things are bugged. Guess i’ll try again in October then. :/

in Personal Story

Posted by: ChrisBDA.1658

ChrisBDA.1658

i am also stuck at the “defend the docks” section, no more mobs spawning – cant complete.

in Personal Story

Posted by: NecoDelero.5318

NecoDelero.5318

Good news: we found and fixed the problem with the story stalling out when you meet Trahearne.

I’m also looking at the problem with the docks stalling out, bad AI behavior, and a few other misc issues.

Small question here: Will this also fix the problem of the storyline changing during The Battle of Fort Trinity? For example, I picked death of an innocent, did Breaking the Bone Ship, but during The Battle of Fort Trinity everyone talks about the Krait Orb as if I had chosen the suffering of others, leading to Liberating Apatia for the next quest.

EDIT: On second thought, nevermind. I just checked again and apparently it was already fixed. Or maybe I was just confused because it happened with my first character.

(edited by Moderator)

in Personal Story

Posted by: aurellya.2013

aurellya.2013

I tried the quest today and it’s still can’t go through the cutscene with Trahearne. I think I chosen this path: – The suffering of others (“Striking Off the Chains”, “Wet Work” , “Willing Captives”/“Intercepting the Orb”). I remember I chose Intercepting the Orb. Will be looking forward for the fixing on Oct 1st.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pitt The Elder.7846

Pitt The Elder.7846

If it helps, I had this quest “bug” out on me the first time I tried it as well. Previously, I came up with Fear of Failure, Fixing the Blame, and Marshaling the Truth, but I doubt that matters.

My problem is that when the time came to Retake the Docks at the end of the mission, I ran out through the gate (after killing the first 4 Knights), and down the ramp directly in front of me (sort of to the left maybe). My NPC allies got butchered, and I was left fighting unending waves by myself.

The second time I tried it, after killing those first four Knights, I followed the larger mass of NPCs that went through the gate, and then to the right, and down that ramp. The mission then proceeded and finished exactly like I would have expected.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Officer Dk.5908

Officer Dk.5908

Small question here: Will this also fix the problem of the storyline changing during The Battle of Fort Trinity? For example, I picked death of an innocent, did Breaking the Bone Ship, but during The Battle of Fort Trinity everyone talks about the Krait Orb as if I had chosen the suffering of others, leading to Liberating Apatia for the next quest.

EDIT: On second thought, nevermind. I just checked again and apparently it was already fixed. Or maybe I was just confused because it happened with my first character.

This, however, happened to me. I was doing it with a friend that also picked death of an innocent, and when we were finishing the quest, a bunch of stuff that made absolutelly no sense at all started happening, which later i found out was the path for another fear, the suffering one, where we went on to kill a mesmer. Will this be fixed? Will i get another chance to re-do this and see the story i was actually meant to see, or will it only fix on my personal story log?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Alivender.1372

Alivender.1372

Dock underground mob work-around for necromancers:

- Find the stuck mob (use pets or follow Traherne/other NPC trying to kill it)
- Stand as close to it as possible
-Turn into the Plague and spam bleeding. Plague’s aoe bypasses walls and floors.

This is how I got it to work. Other professions will need to find their own way or wait for the fix. Hope it helps someone.

in Personal Story

Posted by: GuyReese.1543

GuyReese.1543

I was also able to get past this with my Ele by using AoE attacks to draw him out.

in Personal Story

Posted by: SimmonsTheSpawn.4716

SimmonsTheSpawn.4716

some news about this update?

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

For the 10/8 update I’ve thinned out the spawns quite a bit, and cleaned up the spawning around the docks so they shouldn’t end up in odd places.

in Personal Story

Posted by: FERVID.2741

FERVID.2741

Has this update happened? Is it suppose to be fixed? I’m still bugged when I talk to Trahearne; nothing happens.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Venn.8931

Venn.8931

Gonna try after tonight’s patch.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Tonight’s patch should fix the issue with it stalling when you talk to Trahearne. The 10/8 update will have additional changes.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Konahrik.5069

Konahrik.5069

Just patched up and tried to progress my story and… no change, still the same bug with no cut scene.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Skogen.5290

Skogen.5290

Im still in the same boat. Trahearne is still as busted as he was a month ago.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Just patched up and tried to progress my story and… no change, still the same bug with no cut scene.

What are your last 3 story steps? (From the journal.) Did you do any of them co-op?

in Personal Story

Konahrik.5069

What are your last 3 story steps? (From the journal.) Did you do any of them co-op?

Striking off the chains, Wet Work, Intercepting the Orb

All done in co-op with players who had completed there personal story

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Skogen.5290

Skogen.5290

Tower Down, To the Core, Breaking the Bone Ship here. Done with the same Co-op partner I had done all previous quests with. They were able to advance when they did this quest solo.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

You stood by Trahearne until all the scenes finished? I honestly can’t find any reson why it wouldn’t kick off the LC after the scenes.

in Personal Story

Konahrik.5069

You stood by Trahearne until all the scenes finished? I honestly can’t find any reson why it wouldn’t kick off the LC after the scenes.

I’ve tried everything i did last time in the video i posted, it just doesn’t do anything.
is there anyway to bypass the cut scene or the whole story step if necessary?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

Still broken for me as well, attached is a screen of my story and the build number. also i did almost all of my personal story steps with a party of other people.

Attachments:

(edited by Zesbeer.8365)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

Same, build 15619, Trahearne just says “Understood” when I talk to him, and there is no cut-scene or other progress.

My 3 previous story steps were Striking off the chains, Wet work, intercepting the orb. I’m pretty sure I did all those steps solo (but it was a month ago so I am not 100%).

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

in Personal Story

Posted by: John Lightning.6293

John Lightning.6293

Yeah mine is still broken, Trahearne hates me. The mission where you choose your greatest fear I did with a buddy of mine. The ones after that I did by myself and that was Striking off the chains, Wet work, and Intercepting the Orb. I have tried with another person and by myself like 10 min ago and it still won’t trigger the first cutscene (I’m guessing this is what is supposed to happen.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ravrohan.8231

Ravrohan.8231

I did Striking Off the Chains, Wet Works and Willing Captives all with the same person who was able to finish those and Battle of Fort Trinity. I still get stuck at the same point where the priory npc’s and Trahearne have their conversation and then nothing happens.

This is just depressing at this point.

(edited by Ravrohan.8231)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sideshow Mel.4587

Sideshow Mel.4587

Mine is still broken as well.

Last 3 story chains:

Striking Off the Chains
Wet Works
Intercepting the orb

All 3 were done with a friend (I think he started the stories but it’s been a while so I’m not sure). I do know that he had no issues with this mission.

in Personal Story

Posted by: primo.6701

primo.6701

I just updated and tried this story with the 10/1 build and I’m still bugged as well.

1. Striking Off the Chains
2. Wet Work
3. Willing Captives

I do believe I completed all of them by myself.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jerayk.7681

Jerayk.7681

I just updated and tried the story line again. I’m still bugged…

I did the same quests at primo.6701
Striking off the Chains
Wet Works
Willing Captives

I did them all myself I believe.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Venn.8931

Venn.8931

Still broken. At this point, I would do a complete story do-over. Incredibly disheartening…

Forging the Pact (Co-op. Did it twice because it didn’t give the option for the guest to accept progress.)
Striking Off the Chains (Splintered off into this story branch.)
Wet Work (solo)
Willing Captives (solo)
The Battle at Fort Trinity (Bugged at the beginning. Npcs speak of broken gates. I talk to Trahearne. Cut scene does not trigger.)

(edited by Venn.8931)

in Personal Story

Rainshine.5493

Still broken. At this point, I would do a complete story do-over. Incredibly disheartening…

Forging the Pact (Co-op. Did it twice because it didn’t give the option for the guest to accept progress.)
Striking Off the Chains (Splintered off into this story branch.)
Wet Work (solo)
Willing Captives (solo)
The Battle at Fort Trinity (Bugged at the beginning. Npcs speak of broken gates. I talk to Trahearne. Cut scene does not trigger.)

To add to this, I was the instance owner when we chose our greatest fear (A Light in the Darkness, I believe the step is called). We did that part co-op. I chose the “fear of failure” and he accepted progress.

My line correctly went from Forging the Pact to Shell Shock/Fixing the Blame/Marshalling the Truth. His went into what he said.

It appears the error is happening during the part where you choose your greatest fear. Mine sent me to the right chain, his didn’t; so his story isn’t properly updating.

(edited by Rainshine.5493)

in Personal Story

Rainshine.5493

^Can’t edit, but. My story progressed fine and I was able to complete Battle for Fort Trinity at the time. However we didn’t get the option to do this co-op (no prompt when I entered the story) so by the time we realized his was permanently borked, I had already completed the step.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Naurthoron.3291

Naurthoron.3291

Character Name: Naurthoron
Race: Asura
Order: Whispers
Level: 80
Previous steps: All steps taken with multi players (mainly myself and another friend and we all took the same choices/steps together) up to the step “Munition Acquisition” that was bugged (we took the path “Fear of letting an innocent die”). I have tried again this morning “Munition Acquisition” with success solo. I have continued solo “Breaking the Bone Ship” and then got stuck at “The Battle of Fort Trinity” at the beginning. After first dialog, there is not cutscene and nothing happen.

Co-Lead of Death and Rez [DnR]
Vizunah Square [FR] EU
http://gw2.aia974.com/

in Personal Story

Posted by: WillOfIron.5273

WillOfIron.5273

Attached a picture of my personal story quest log, as with the others who have posted It is still bugged in the same place after the patch.

Character name: Arcanus Blackspore
Race: Sylvari
Order: Priory

Did all of my quests solo except, I believe, for Striking off the Chains.

I hope this gets fixed soon because this was one of my favorite parts of GW2 and the fact that it’s been a month since I’ve been able to make progress is extremely disheartening.

Best of luck in fixing this.

Attachments:

(edited by WillOfIron.5273)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rusty.3875

Rusty.3875

I’m stuck at “Defend the Fort Trinity docks”. All undead killed, cannons are just blasting away at the bone ship, and everyone is just walking around like normal.

Level 75 Human Warrior. Last three story steps are “Breaking the Bone Ship”, “Munition Acquisition”, and “Tower Down”. I’ve done everything solo.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

For the docks, have you checked inside the fort? There’s a third wave that gets launched over the docks past the first line of defense.

For the stall, the only thing I can think of is that the fix didn’t get into the 10/1 update for some reason. I can’t find any situation where it’s not working correctly on our internal servers, and looking at the script it has a failsafe to force it to continue.

in Personal Story

Konahrik.5069

For the docks, have you checked inside the fort? There’s a third wave that gets launched over the docks past the first line of defense.

For the stall, the only thing I can think of is that the fix didn’t get into the 10/1 update for some reason. I can’t find any situation where it’s not working correctly on our internal servers, and looking at the script it has a failsafe to force it to continue.

Is there any idea on when the next patch will be with said fail safe? Assuming it fixes it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: SimmonsTheSpawn.4716

SimmonsTheSpawn.4716

stuck at same point .. WHAT?!?!? … i’ve thought that you had found the bug!!…after about 2/3 weeks and an upgrade of 100MB …i’ve REALLY hoped for a bug fix…but…but….maybe i’m a stupid italian guy that can’t read english so… my fault!

I’m still stucked in front of thaearne and if i speak to him he simply reply and i can only click understood if i click .. nothing happens …as always…

this is my screen, last three story steps were all made with a friend.

Sorry for my tone but…as you can understand i’m a little bit nervous….

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Relica.5023

Relica.5023

Still bugged for me also. Did Striking of the chains , wet works, intercepting the orb, all solo. I did forging the pact co-op before those 3. I still get stuck with trahearne not talking to me. We’ve been waiting for this fix for a month. We’ve answered all of your questions, and you said you had the problem fixed then we had to wait 2 weeks for a patch deployment that didn’t fix it. If it works on your internal servers, maybe you need to come to the live servers and watch it fail, like the rest of us have. Fix it please, I would like to get on with my story quest. I’m trying not to be really upset about this, but after all the other stuff you have “fixed” in the game and made more important than something that is actually halting progress, it gets somewhat frustrating.

in Personal Story

Posted by: DestructoX.7821

DestructoX.7821

Having the same problem. Played all missions solo.

Attachments:

in Personal Story

Posted by: Juganot.1509

Juganot.1509

Character name: Hawklight
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Order: Order of the Vigil

I can’t remember if I did multiplayer or solo with the missions as I was on off with my friend.

I am still unable to pass the first part of “The Battle of Fort Trinity” after reporting to trahearne(I see no cut scene I am unsure if I should) everything just stops, no further objectives come up either on the mini map or mission helper and trahearne and the other two npc’s just stand there doing nothing.

(edited by Juganot.1509)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ravrohan.8231

Ravrohan.8231

If you want to party with me on the Tarnished Coast server and see if for yourself, just let me know and I’ll make time.

in Personal Story

Posted by: doxxx.9206

doxxx.9206

My problem with the Battle of Fort Trinity is that the step “Take back the Fort Trinity docks” is retardedly hard and bugged.

1. There are mobs that show up as critters (their names are white) and only become aggro when you’re close, so you can’t easily target them before they become aggro.
2. The flying Risen Knights that are waiting at the gate into the docks from the central area respawn within about 30 seconds. Heck, even as we’re killing them they’re respawning!
3. If you get past that, then down the ramp to the right and around the corner, then there are 5 BAJILLION undead that rush up and curbstomp you into the ground. There’s no pulling of a few here, you attack one and they all come and eat your face in the space of a few seconds.
4. I also tried going left at the top of that platform instead of right, going down the longer ramp closer to the docks. Come around the corner and another 5 BAJILLION undead are waiting to rip me to shreds.
5. The horde of Pact NPCs that could maybe like help us are instead doing laps around the central courtyard!

Did this get ANY testing?!

in Personal Story

Posted by: AlySedai.6147

AlySedai.6147

I’ve got the same exact problem. This quest is bugged, bugged, bugged.

I’m at the “Take Back the Fort Trinity Docks” portion of the quest, and the Knights keep respawning, help keeps running laps, and undead are in the thousands.