in Personal Story

Posted by: crises.7649

crises.7649

New update again, still bugged… again gg

(BUG) The Hatchery (level 45)

in Personal Story

Posted by: fathamburger.8453

fathamburger.8453

Another bump.. been waiting for this since level 43. I’m now 60 but that’s also because I’ve been holding off levelling an alt and only doing ori farming while waiting for both this AND the dungeon patch to come in :P

You guys really need a better patch process to put in smaller fixes like this. It’s unacceptable to halt people’s progress for this long (yeah.. almost a month now) for a fix that you’ve basically already done and pushed to source control, yet we get downtimes for stuff like… dye drop rate and candy corn visibility fixes that are not game breaking at all.

Woman Scorned – 80 Sylvari Elementalist
OMG U Noobs – 80 Norn Guardian
Jade Quarry server

(edited by fathamburger.8453)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

This is another case of something that looks simple but is actually fairly complex. The issue is that the same day that I made the fix to this story step, some changes were made to the music system that required an update to all story steps. Unfortunately, this meant that my fixed version was no longer compatible with Live, since it had references to the new audio changes in it, but Live did not have the new changes yet. Ultimately, it was deemed too risky to rush out the new audio changes (since they would affect every story step), which is why this (seemingly minor) fix has been delayed for so long, and why it’s part of a major update, and hasn’t been pushed out with the smaller updates we’ve made since this bug was fixed.

in Personal Story

Posted by: nighthawke.3075

nighthawke.3075

This is another case of something that looks simple but is actually fairly complex. The issue is that the same day that I made the fix to this story step, some changes were made to the music system that required an update to all story steps. Unfortunately, this meant that my fixed version was no longer compatible with Live, since it had references to the new audio changes in it, but Live did not have the new changes yet. Ultimately, it was deemed too risky to rush out the new audio changes (since they would affect every story step), which is why this (seemingly minor) fix has been delayed for so long, and why it’s part of a major update, and hasn’t been pushed out with the smaller updates we’ve made since this bug was fixed.

Thank you for the explanation!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Duo.7139

Duo.7139

Stuck on the hatchery for a month now. Dont know why they didnt lock it to stop ppl from choosing it or warned other players bout it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nevermore.3820

Nevermore.3820

And why couldn’t you have said this two weeks ago and saved us all a major headache?

I mean really is it that hard to be honest with the player base? If you had said this from the start I wouldn’t have felt the need to get upset. This makes since and at last we have the truth, not just some BS line about “I realize it’s frustrating, and all I can do is apologize”.

So with that in mind
Thank You

in Personal Story

Posted by: Skullmarked.8705

Skullmarked.8705

Jeff take your time so you guys can get it done right along with other things on the list of thing to fix. I can finish my explorer areas for a while while you guys do the voodoo you do very well.

Dwayna gave you life, and Grenth can take it from you.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Joepuck.2639

Joepuck.2639

Yep this has been bugged for a long while—-You guys need to be better at testing before you release content. This is not the first time this has happened with the storyline quest. Very frustrating to play with so many bugs….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cassandra.7521

Cassandra.7521

Could you please give us an eta on when this will be fixed? This is absolutely ridiculous that we have to halt our progression for over a month because it wasnt important. I see people lvl 80 and still cannot finish their storyline. WHAT IS THE ETA ON GETTING THIS FIXED????!

in Personal Story

Posted by: necromancin.2396

necromancin.2396

Look, we appreciate that crap like this happens from time to time, but having a large chunk of time tick by (I’m lvl 80 in end game gear already), why not remedy the problem by allowing those who want to move on to be credited with having done this particular step in the story? Surely it isn’t beyond a GM’s ability to make this happen. This way you have happy players and are able to work on the problem without the constant QQ.

Talk is cheap; Blood is costly
Access Denied [DENY]
Sea of Sorrows

in Personal Story

Posted by: Surisha.4907

Surisha.4907

why haven’t this bug been fixed yet still stuck on my 72 hunter and wanna do my story line quest, have we to wait another week or a month to this bug fix gonna to go live on srvers , whats the problem

in Personal Story

Posted by: thermae.8369

thermae.8369

same problem here. it hasn’t been fixed. i cannot play the story

in Personal Story

Posted by: yborgia.4572

yborgia.4572

After reading all that comment, I have a question:

Ok, to get that bug fixed, Anet takes all the caution possible to not bug or alter other content in the game. I agree with that as long as I don’t understand the processus that causing taht bug at the beginning, Is it because Anet didin’t take the same caution at this time?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Eh. You can test as much as you want – for months, even – and at the end something will still be buggy. It’s the nature of building something, there’s no way to work all the kinks out until real people have started playing in it.

I do programming for a living (not related to ANet at all), and I can’t tell you all the things people find. We have a dedicated testing firm specifically go over everything, and still something doesn’t work quite right for that 1% of the population because of wrong timing / driver issues / old version / dropped data / moon phase / whatever. ANet has been pretty good about fixing issues as they’re reported properly, so I’m not worried. Give it a year or 6 more months and most of the big bugs will be ironed out.

in Personal Story

Posted by: puco.7564

puco.7564

excuse me
guys do have any idea how to pass this level? because i’m stuck on the hatchery level
i’ve done all of the quest, but after that nothing happen
really confusing
thnx for your concern

in Personal Story

Posted by: DanyalZ.2406

DanyalZ.2406

excuse me
guys do have any idea how to pass this level? because i’m stuck on the hatchery level
i’ve done all of the quest, but after that nothing happen
really confusing
thnx for your concern

you cant untill they fix the bug

in Personal Story

Posted by: Smithp.2913

Smithp.2913

Thanks for Working on the fix. Hope it comes thru soon. Sad how many people can’t be appreciative. I await patiently to finish my storyline.

in Personal Story

Posted by: AnimeLoverDBZ.1705

AnimeLoverDBZ.1705

WOW! I am stuck at this part too. It was getting good. Guess I’ll do more maps or start another character for storyline telling. Please fix the bug when you can

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kingdarkshadow.3175

Kingdarkshadow.3175

just did this quest 2 times and Im one more for the group who is stucked in quest story

in Personal Story

Posted by: keobski.9380

keobski.9380

How long has this bug been going on??? I have just come across the same problem!! Come on guys. This is the second major story bug I have encountered. I love the personal story but things like this…..not quite game breakers but very frustrating!!!!!!!!!

in Personal Story

Posted by: DMlanse.8701

DMlanse.8701

Lets get something clear here, while this bug is annoying and it brings the lore of your toon to a halt it is not something that is game breaking. Yes i do agree its annoying that it is taking as long as it is however, it has been made clear several times as to why. Its not like there intentionally ignoring it, just be patient.
I understand why everyone is frustrated, i for one play this game specifically for the storyline, its the 1 thing wow does not have , a character based personal story. considering i don’t pvp and there is no end game pve content, all i do is MC and story, so believe me when i say i understand why everyone is so infuriated about this. However, and i cannot emphasize this enough, if they were to rush this fix, witch has already be stated is tied to a new change to THE ENTIRE STORY QUEST then the odds are another step if not SEVERAL would end up bugged! then we would be back here asking “why is it always bugged” Even though it has been made clear many times. The entire purpose of QA is to prevent as many foreseeable issues from occurring as possible. rushing a new fix on top of a new change affecting the entire storyline is very unstable.
From a programing standpoint its like going back and using coping a few lines of code onto a new page using a different compiler. it “may” work, it “could” work; by the odds are the new compiler will not accept the line due to the old compiler being embedded into the line.
So while my words may fall on deft ears, take it form somone who spesificly plays this game for the storyline when i say. Give it time, let the get it write, and be paicent. This bug has become a multi-thread 53red response mega topic simply due to rage. But let me make this clear, i have seen a REAL bug and believe me this is nothing but an inconvenience, a large one, but an inconvenience non the less. i have seen a simple bugs in wow involving sound that prevent entire regions from logging on, bugs were a boss becomes FRIENDLY mid fight and still attacks you; bugs were your entire raid gets randomly teleported into a mountain 5+ regions away. So for the sake of stability, JUST GIVE IT TIME!
~DM

in Personal Story

Posted by: fathamburger.8453

fathamburger.8453

Ugh.. yeah being a coder myself, the confluence of seemingly unrelated code or parts of the project is something I’m all too familiar with. Anyhow thanks for the response.

Ugh.. yeah being a coder myself, the confluence of seemingly unrelated code or parts of the project is something I’m all too familiar with. Anyhow thanks for the response.This is where the fast/casual levelling curve is a disadvantage since a week for other mmo grinders is maybe 5-10 levels but in this game it can mean at least 20-40 levels (or in a friend’s extreme case 1-80).

Woman Scorned – 80 Sylvari Elementalist
OMG U Noobs – 80 Norn Guardian
Jade Quarry server

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sword Hammer Axe.3917

Sword Hammer Axe.3917

well, I signed onto the forums to report this bug since I now have a character stuck on this quest. I tried to find the right thread to post the bug on and discovered many people talking very irrationally about the bug. Honestly, I can understand the frustration because we enjoy playing the game and this one bug is holding us up from progressing in the story line. What really frustrates me more is that when logical explanations are given for when a fix is expected and why it wasn’t out when it was projected to be out, the community of people who are stuck have a ragefit. Please remember that you are talking to human beings here and that they are trying to correct the issues. We all love this game but sometimes forget that people are working to fix it.

Quite frankly, I am very pleased to hear that there is a fix ankittenhankful knowing that it is coming soon. I understand how those who have been waiting for that fix for a while though want the fix pushed since it is a high priority for them since their characters are at a standstill. Just remember that we are talking to people and be a bit more respectful.

I understand what you’re saying, but at the same time I think it’s all right for people to be this frustrated at the moment. The players are human too.
We get some explanations, yes, but I for one have trouble understanding them. I know they’ve got a fix ready, and I know that they want to test things before they release it into the wild, and I know that there’s a lot of stuff going on with the grand November update and other bug and account issues and the like.
But what I don’t get is how we can still not have this bug fixed after so long. The fix may need testing, but they’ve already stated that they have it, and this was long ago by now, so I have some trouble seeing how it cannot have been implemented in the game yet. It’s not that there hasn’t been any updates since then.
I excitedly logged on one day to see the game downloading, and I thought that the fix must have finally arrived, but when I tried the quest again I got the same result. Later that day I saw that the update had included a fix to the bug that made raw candy corn veins appear randomly in the world even after the Halloween event was over. Now, I may not know all the details, but such a bug hardly seems game breaking to me, while this quest bug certainly is, and it makes me question the priorities of the developers quite a bit. I know they’re working hard, but I’m still confused, and honestly a little frustrated with this issue, and I’d really like an answer a little more clear than what we’ve gotten so far.

in Personal Story

Posted by: shiazra.2016

shiazra.2016

ok i know this storyline cant be fixed overnight or maybe not even this year my question is why is there new content coming and the people stuck at the hatchery will end up missing it (thats if they didnt just lvl to 80) ? so new content they will all miss due to this error wow great idea release new bugs and fix those and not fix the ones that already exist.

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

1) It’s already been stated that this fix is in the upcoming content update (so this week)
2) So far, none of our special monthly content has been level limited

in Personal Story

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I will admit that not being able to continue my personal story for roughly a month is annoying and now being level eighty it effectively renders all the quest rewards almost useless. I must say that I understand the reason for not rushing a patch out, your previous post explains it well, thank you.

Shame you did not mention the actual reasons sooner though.

Unfortunately when the fix goes live so does the new Lost Shores content, my personal story may have to wait a few more days till it is all over.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mokujin.2918

Mokujin.2918

Just as FYI for those that might want to know; as of the patch this evening The Hatchery is still bugged. Going on a month for me….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Suun.2856

Suun.2856

Reading through all the dribble that people come out with, in the hopes of finding some info on how “I” could work around the issue, I have concluded that most people need to realise some things:
It is an unintended bug;
It wasnt directed at anyone personally;
You have paid for a game client, not the game;
You dont own the game, just the limited right to use the client;
There is more game than what you personally are playing through;
Games have bugs, you all know this;
Not all bugs have an easily seen solution;
Not all bugs have an easily implemented solution;
Jumping up and down, kicking and screaming, isnt normally the way to get something done the right way, or the fast way.

If the same energy that has been displayed here was directed towards human rights, world pollution, world/personal debt, etc, they probably wouldnt exist in such a bad state as they do.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Suun.2856

Suun.2856

that last bit of mine was a bit of a stretch, but I think you can get the gist of my meaning.

in Personal Story

Posted by: CrazyJuggler.1498

CrazyJuggler.1498

Patience boys and girls.
It is sure annoying but personal story is not so crucial. I mean there 3-4-5 other ways to level up and the items you gain is not something you can not take by yourselves. I have the same quest so i am stacked on personal story, but that does not prevent me from leveling or get legendary or whatever anyone wants.

in Personal Story

Posted by: xjeckylx.6014

xjeckylx.6014

hi i open the game and i see that make update and i thought ok they suppose to fix the story quest bug i enter the instance i rescue the stupid mouse and when i reach to thriick (or whatever that last mouse call ) is stuck there once again !!! so will you ever fix this or not ???

in Personal Story

Posted by: Zzxy.8175

Zzxy.8175

Im in the same boat, picked the bugged option (typical).

However glad to hear Jeffrey is on the case and is reporting back to us which, imo, is good customer service rather than keeing us in the dark. Fingers crossed for the next patch to fix it but theres still plenty to do so im not overly concerned

You feel the core of your being shift
as the Source makes room for a
divine presence. Zzxy has just posted.

in Personal Story

Posted by: crazykhanh.5360

crazykhanh.5360

So has the hatchery been fixed? I would go and tested my self but I am tired of this event since I probably has done this event 10 times before I realize it was broken, and then 20 more times checking to see if it was fixed

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

in Personal Story

Posted by: Umbra.5180

Umbra.5180

Is it really fixed ?

Anyone tried it out ?

They lost my trust from the past fixes.

(edited by Umbra.5180)

in Personal Story

Posted by: iceborer.1398

iceborer.1398

Just tried it out. It worked for me and was failing before.

in Personal Story

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Yeah, it’s fixed.