[BUG] The Stone Sheath not working

in Personal Story

Posted by: SpaceToa.9715

SpaceToa.9715

Hi all,
So, I have been playing since the head start and I love the game, but My story line has been bugged since day 5 when I reached the level 36 story quest in the Durmand priory story “The Stone Sheath”. I can do it all the way up to the end but when leave the water the sheath disappears.

I originally thought this was just a bug in the game, but as time passed people claimed they finished and I was left unable to finish my story-line quest.

Recently though I have notice during the mad king scavenger hunt that people could exit the water with the scanner while I could not.

So, I developed an idea that my main corrector (80 Engi) is somehow bugged and can not take bundles in and out of water. I have made several alts and tried jumping in and out the water with the candy meter and I still hold it. Check these for evidence http://imgur.com/a/p7l8f (the formatting was not wanting to work for links)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Khaz.2309

Khaz.2309

Just tried to complete this as well and no scabbard when I exit the water. O well second character and second bugged story quest. Starting to wonder if all my characters will be bugged on their story missions.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Valdez.8721

Valdez.8721

This happened to me yesterday also on my engineer, is there any advice on what to do?

do i just wait for the bug to get fixed or can a GM reset my story quest to an earlier point so i can choose a different path that isnt bugged for me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

8th December 2012:

you grab the scabbard, your toolbar does not change, you can get to the escape circle, but nothing happens.

Restarting does not help.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

Update:

after leaving PC to rest for few hours I’ve tried the mission again, for the fourth time.
This time I’ve taken the scabbard, killed all Pirates that attacked me underwater (from north and south), swimmed underwater til the circle, and when I entered the beach, I’ve got mission continuation.
Hope it will help others.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

I was able to complete the quest by swimming, very carefully, as close to the shore as possible without exiting, then dropping the scabbard. I then walked onto land and managed to pick up the scabbard while still considered to be wading, not swimming. This allowed me to walk to the center of the circle with it and get credit. Be careful, though: if you do accidentally surface while holding the scabbard, it will respawn at its original location.